IGNORED

Activision Anthology on App Store tonight!

Flojomojo

I also bought packs 1 & 2, I don't recall anything good in pack 3 except Pitfall 2.

It may be too early to start finding faults but there are obvious sound issues on Demon Attack.

But overall, an awesome deal. Way to go Code Mystics!

Yep some of these cry out for the ol' joystick. Playing Enduro I still had 100 cars to pass by nightfall, that never happened before.

It was available on th GBA but IIRC it's expensive & maybe rare

Oh & I challenge anyone to beat my high score in Dolphin! #1 in the world for now.

Edited by RJ

• 3 months later...

I just posted this on the Android thread, but figured I should post it here as well to see if anyone has thoughts about it:

Hey I just downloaded the Activision anthology and generally like it. The games I was most excited about were Demon Attack and Megamania, because I figured that three switch games (left/right/fire) can be done pretty well on a touch screen device. But alas, none of the control options work very well. I've had an idea for a control scheme that would work very well for three switch games in which auto fire is oftentimes used (like those two games), but I haven't noticed anything like it used in any vertical shooter I've seen on Android or iOS. Here's my idea: with the screen in landscape mode, you just tap the lower left and right corners to move left and right, so when auto fire is on, it just works like any other two-switch game (this would be great with demon attack 80-90% of the time). Then you just touch anything above the bottom of the screen to toggle auto fire on and off. With auto fire off, the bottom of the screen between the corners becomes a fire button, so if you are standing still you can just reach one of your thumbs over a bit and place a well-times shot. Alternatively, you want to shoot while moving left, you hold your left thumb down and just reach in a bit with your right thumb to fire. In other words, the control scheme would just look like this:

--------------------------------

. Toggle Auto .

. Fire On .

. And OFF .

.____________________ .

_L_<------FIRE------>_R_

And of course when the screen isn't being touched the joystick auto-centers, whether rapid fire is on or not...

I'd be very curious if this works... and if it does I'd love to play Demon Attack on the subway using this control scheme!

• 5 years later...

I still got the GBA & PS2 versions.

And heck.. wasn't this ("Activision Classics") one of the FIRST VCS commercial emulation packs out there we bought for DOS? Remember trying to hack that thing to try and load non-Activision ROMS? :lol:

<edit> ok it was "Activision Action Pack" for win 3.1 or Mac. Had 15 games.. yeesh.

Edited by NE146
  • Like 1

I still got the GBA & PS2 versions.

And heck.. wasn't this ("Activision Classics") one of the FIRST VCS commercial emulation packs out there we bought for DOS? Remember trying to hack that thing to try and load non-Activision ROMS? :lol:

<edit> ok it was "Activision Action Pack" for win 3.1 or Mac. Had 15 games.. yeesh.

Yup. You could rename a ROM and stick it in the directory and it would run instead. Terribly, in a window, with skipped frames. But it was still cool.