IGNORED

Back after long hiatus

kelman66

Hi all

Been away from the forums for a while (5 or 6 years lol)

I am quite delighted to see the Colecovision actiivty and the work on the rarity list!

My colecovision collection page is here: http://members.shaw....opage/index.htm

Sorry for the offsite link. click on the main gallery to see all the pictures of the carts (one or 2 dead links) Page hasnt been updated in about the same 6 years but not too many additions (maybe a couple. need to look at my collection)

If you google "colecovision collection" my page comes up first so it seems peeps are gettin use out of it ;-) Not sure if i can even update that site anymore.

If anyone has questions or comments, please post away.

A couple notables in my collection:

-Sean Kelly's All-in-one Multi-cart As I understand, there were about 10-15 of these ones made (More of the lesser multi-carts were made I think. This was his last one and he ran into copyright problems with the Telegames games because they retained their rights; I think that just recently expired. On the cart it says: "Not to be sold, traded, auctioned, or otherwised transferred in ownership!" ) And yes, mine works ;-)

-Complete Super Sketch

-Dig Dug, Joust, Pac-man

-All Xonox carts

Condition on some of the carts could be improved for sure.

I get occasional emails about the 20th century carts. Here is the story from an old 2006 post of mine:

from ecoleco website and emails:

"We started Adam's House and Ecoleco to assist and continue support for Colecovision and Adam Coleco Computer customers back in

the 1980's. Over the years this support has become non-profit, essentially less than profitable as we continue at a loss. We continue, however, because we

love the Colecovision game system and the Adam computer and game system and we have an inventory of supporting products that would otherwise be disposed of

due to the high cost of shipping to another vendor - essentially depriving anyone of these items that are valuable to those who also love these

systems."

"When Coleco industries inc went into bankruptcy we were doing quite well and they contacted us for purchase of inventory remaining and the

unreleased games and software. It was quite surprising, but it was the very last inventory produced and all the supporting hardware and software. We never

promised we'd still be supporting the Colecovision, but we have never seen any reason to stop. Guess they knew we'd be a good choice to support their

customers and primary products."

"Most of the 20th Century Fox games were unreleased. We bought most of the stuff from Coleco and had CBS produce the

games for us with the labels."

These are really as close to an official realease of the games as there could be; the legal rights holder had a production run done. But I refer to them as "CBS copies" for lack of anything else to call them. Not sure how many were of each made. Pretty sure Escape from the Mindmaster is a copy in this same way as well and have it that way on that subpage, as well as Fall Guy.

Cheers and long live Colecovision!

• Like 1

A 5-6 year hiatus? That'll pretty much make you a stranger around these parts. :P

It's always nice to see an old-timer return and post pics of his collection, but nowadays, discussions in this ColecoVision sub-forum tend to center around homebrewing efforts, by such contributors as Opcode Games, CollectorVision and Team Pixelboy.

Anyway, welcome back! :)

A 5-6 year hiatus? That'll pretty much make you a stranger around these parts. :P

It's always nice to see an old-timer return and post pics of his collection, but nowadays, discussions in this ColecoVision sub-forum tend to center around homebrewing efforts, by such contributors as Opcode Games, CollectorVision and Team Pixelboy.

Anyway, welcome back! :)

Thanks!

If you noticed my page, I have some homebrew action including Sky Jaguar, Space Invaders Collection and Yie Ar Kung-Fu which I bought direct when they were released. A couple other brews are boxed Steamroller and Ms Space Fury with instructions. I definitely appreciate the homebrew/repro scene! Might have a couple others not listed; need to do an inventory. Wished I woulda bought Deflector Kollection before they had the name switch (was called Double Breakout at first I think.)

I was just looking at the manual on-line for Super Sketch and got a chuckle out of a typo on page 7. it says "Your fist picture" lol (no 'R' in first on the left side of the page) http://www.colecovis...etch manual.pdf

Gonna have to look at mine now ;)

Edited by kelman66

Welcome back to the CV& ADAM Forum and thanks for posting the info about the prototypes that were produced by eColeco and CBS Software as I was going back and forth on these carts being produced by eColeco/CBS or eColeco/TeleGames. I guess I should have just asked Terry at eColeco especially seeing as I've known him since the mid-80's... just laziness on my part I reckon.

Thanks also for posting the link to your collection page.... especially the Super Sketch!!! One of these days I'll finally add this one to my collection. In the AtariAge Gallery section a number of members have posted pictures of their large collections for all to view and enjoy. You can view mine via the provided link in the footer of my posts and definetly look up "chuys450" and "coleco_master" as they have great collections as well that will leave your mouth watering.

FYI, the Super Action Soccer cart you own is the TeleGames reproduction.