Confused 2-port and 4-port 5200.

port

1 reply to this topic

#1 Atari the Jedi OFFLINE  

Atari the Jedi

Moonsweeper

• 277 posts

Posted Tue Sep 4, 2012 11:02 PM

SO I have had a 2-port 5200 for years didn't realize there was even a 4-port until a few years ago. But I see a few things that are different. First off my 2-port controller door has a textured finish, the 4-port does not. Secondly the 2-port door appears to be solid, whereas the 4-port I can vaguly see through it, like smoked glass. Sor of like the grill where the power light comes through. Also the 4-port dosen't use that RF-all in one box deal it has a seprate powwer supply like the 2-port does. I have never seen another 4-port that hasn't used the box before, is this common. Also my 2-port states "Sears discontinued" Sticker on the bottom...a sad reminder. I am confused is either one worth more than the other? I think I'll just keep one in the bedroom and the other in Living room so I'm covered any where I am at home ;-)

#2 Charlie_ OFFLINE  

Charlie_

River Patroller

• 2,874 posts

Posted Wed Sep 5, 2012 8:26 AM

Yes those differences in color and texture are normal.

As for the RF, I think when Atari re-released some things around the time of the 7800 (?),
They used what inventory they had. SO maybe those 4 port models have the power supply moved to the mobo vs the special switch box.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: port

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users