IGNORED

Everdrive MD board only made in cart with label

Yurkie

I bought the board only Everdrive MD about a year ago, and originally just hacked up a case to house the board and protect it and so I could play it. Recently I have been going thru my classic video game hardware and getting things more organized and getting rid of stuff that I don't need. I thought it was about time to neatly modify a Genesis cartridge housing and get a label made.

I searched the Internet and found some fan art that the creators where offering up to be used for making your own labels for multi-carts and found one for the Everdrive MD and one for the Everdrive 64. I know from my time over in the ColecoVision forums that AtariAge user pboland makes fantastic replica labels for ColecoVision games, so I contacted him about making these fan labels for my multi-carts.

I got these made and they had a narrow white border around them. pboland doesn't offer replica labels for these systems so I had to cut the excess stock off myself. I cut these out and put them on yesterday and thought I would share pictures. Even though this is the Sega Genesis forum I thought you guys might like seeing the Everdrive 64 also.

I got 2 of each label printed in case I ruined one, and I am glad I did, because I ended up ruining the first Everdrive MD label I applied. As many of you that have priced these multi-cart board only and CIBs know you can save alot of money buying board only and modding a case and applying your own label.

If you need a label for a multi-cart and can provide pboland with the artwork to print he will likely help you out too. His prices are very reasonable, he only charged me around $2 or $3 a label + shipping and sent the labels in a nice sturdy cardstock mailer.

post-23318-0-54729500-1347078921_thumb.jpg

post-23318-0-33346200-1347078936_thumb.jpg

post-23318-0-12116600-1347078964_thumb.jpg

post-23318-0-52910200-1347079000_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Those Everdrive MD carts look great Yurkie. I'm glad I was able to help you out.

If anyone is interested in having labels like these made, just PM me. You will need to provide me the artwork and the cost is $2.00 per label plus $3.00 shipping (first class mail to USA or Canada). Shipped in cardboard mailer. I only accept Pay Pal and I will need your Pay Pal email address to send the invoice. Once I have your order ready to ship, I will then send the invoice. I never take money for a job until it is ready to ship. Each label will be laminated and "rough" cut. Meaning you must cut it to size. I will provide a white boarder around the label. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

kinda off-topic, but what tool does one use to cut the hole for the SD card to stick out like that ?

A multi-use file, the kind available from Walmart or a hardware store, works well for removing the plastic on carts. Because it is a gradual process, it's also more difficult to mess things up.

• 3 weeks later...

Dremel / rotary tool with a cutting wheel, though I've been thinking about just using a half-height SD card so that I won't need to make that opening.

I didn't know they made half-height SD cards... That would be cool, but you still have to cut the hole for the SMS button.

Chris

I didn't know they made half-height SD cards... That would be cool, but you still have to cut the hole for the SMS button.

Chris

Yeah, but drilling one hole is a lot simpler for me than carving an SD-sized slot. And hey, you don't NEED the SMS button... the plastic on that button's so tall, you could just snip it so it doesn't protrude out the case.

I got my very first EverDrive cart this year. Stone Age gamer was awesome enough to run a raffle on facebook for the N64 version and I was floored when I won it! Its the 200th deluxe version made and comes with a killer golden cart and is machine numbered and signed by him. :) I've fallen in love with the thing and plan on getting more of these carts now, really want the TurboEverdrive next for my Duo-R, planning on placing an order when I've saved a bit for one. :)

P1040172_zps0d2fa515.jpg