Photo

ColecoVision Overlays Available (Reproduction)

overlay

88 replies to this topic

#76 MJJ OFFLINE  

MJJ

Combat Commando

• 2 posts

Posted Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:39 AM

Hi Phil I want to order overlays please!

#77 MJJ OFFLINE  

MJJ

Combat Commando

• 2 posts

Posted Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:43 AM

Hi Phil I want to order overlays please! Pm'd you

#78 rednakes1 OFFLINE  

rednakes1

Chopper Commander

• 178 posts

Posted Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:15 PM

This is a very useful service, and I'm just wondering if it's still being offered.

I was wondering if there's any chance some new overlays can be made for the CV Flashback controller, especially now with Byte Knight's upgrade service which gives the potential to add more ROMs to the system.  However, the original CV controllers are still superior so I might get a pair of those for myself (they work with the upgraded FB, not the non-modified FB though).

#79 pboland OFFLINE  

pboland

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,607 posts

Posted Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:42 AM

This is a very useful service, and I'm just wondering if it's still being offered.

Yes, this is still offered. However the shipping charges have went up a little. For anyone interested please PM me. 

I was wondering if there's any chance some new overlays can be made for the CV Flashback controller, especially now with Byte Knight's upgrade service which gives the potential to add more ROMs to the system.  However, the original CV controllers are still superior so I might get a pair of those for myself (they work with the upgraded FB, not the non-modified FB though).

I've toyed with the idea of making flashback specific overlays (They are slightly smaller then the originals), but in the end I don't think I'd sell enough for the effort involved. If there is some kind of ground swell for Flashback overlays, I will most certainly look into it again. I just know there is no more CV flashbacks being produced by Atgames.

#80 rednakes1 OFFLINE  

rednakes1

Chopper Commander

• 178 posts

Posted Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:52 AM

I've toyed with the idea of making flashback specific overlays (They are slightly smaller then the originals), but in the end I don't think I'd sell enough for the effort involved. If there is some kind of ground swell for Flashback overlays, I will most certainly look into it again. I just know there is no more CV flashbacks being produced by Atgames.

I'm in Canada and I had purchased mine over a week ago at the local classic games shop. They had a few of these CV FBs brand new, along with different Retron models.  Maybe they acquired some very old CV FB stock that was sitting around after ATGames stopped producing them.

If it doesn't make sense for you to produce new overlays, then I wonder if someone can put up a site where we can print some crude overlays ourselves, using a webpage that prints a template (to actual size) for the specific controller - original CV or Flashback CV.

#81 mortari OFFLINE  

mortari

Space Invader

• 13 posts
  • Learning...

Posted Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:41 AM

I'm in Canada and I had purchased mine over a week ago at the local classic games shop. They had a few of these CV FBs brand new, along with different Retron models.  Maybe they acquired some very old CV FB stock that was sitting around after ATGames stopped producing them.

If it doesn't make sense for you to produce new overlays, then I wonder if someone can put up a site where we can print some crude overlays ourselves, using a webpage that prints a template (to actual size) for the specific controller - original CV or Flashback CV.

I know this be old, but I too am looking at this thread and like what I see. If you search google images, you will find overlay scans, but they are not the greatest quality. If you are looking for Colecovision full size ones, it's not an easy job, and am still considering purchasing some done right here... The scan's I find have hard to read art and some are a little worn looking. If I were to spend all the time making some without good art, I would probably just make custom ones and have fun with it, since they will never be as good as what the OP is offering. 

#82 SHaMROCK 73 OFFLINE  

SHaMROCK 73

Space Invader

• 23 posts

Posted Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:45 PM

Did all Colecovision games that came with overlays come with 2 overlays or just one? I have Spy Hunter, Mousetrap and War Games but only have one overlay for each. I have zero Super Action Controller overlays for SpyHunter. I have owned Spy Hunter and Mouse Trap since I was a kid. I think both originally had two. Any help?

#83 ColecoDan OFFLINE  

ColecoDan

Stargunner

• 1,832 posts

Posted Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:07 PM

Did all Colecovision games that came with overlays come with 2 overlays or just one? I have Spy Hunter, Mousetrap and War Games but only have one overlay for each. I have zero Super Action Controller overlays for SpyHunter. I have owned Spy Hunter and Mouse Trap since I was a kid. I think both originally had two. Any help?

All those games have 2 overlays each.  The Spy Hunter has 2 of each regular and super action.

There are some games that only came with one though I just didn't feel like looking in each box.

#84 ricky OFFLINE  

ricky

Combat Commando

• 6 posts

Posted Tue Jan 1, 2019 12:00 PM

Hello pboland, and best wishes for 2019,

I am interested in overlays,
It's always possible ?
Thank you

Edited by ricky, Tue Jan 1, 2019 12:24 PM.

#85 Ikrananka OFFLINE  

Ikrananka

River Patroller

• 2,834 posts

Posted Tue Jan 1, 2019 1:40 PM

Hello pboland, and best wishes for 2019,

I am interested in overlays,
It's always possible ?
Thank you

I bought a bunch of new overlays from pboland a few months back and so I'm sure he can accommodate you.  They were of the usual very high quality and I cannot recommend them enough.

#86 WaveRider1970 OFFLINE  

WaveRider1970

Chopper Commander

• 147 posts

Posted Tue Jan 1, 2019 3:43 PM

What?!?! Well, I am second in line for some CV overlays then. Happy new year pboland! He did great work in the past. Cheers

#87 ricky OFFLINE  

ricky

Combat Commando

• 6 posts

Posted Tue Jan 1, 2019 4:24 PM

I bought a bunch of new overlays from pboland a few months back and so I'm sure he can accommodate you.  They were of the usual very high quality and I cannot recommend them enough.

Thank you for the recommendations, I wish have all my cartridges with its overlays, but it seems to me that it is not possible for the overlays of the super action controller,
but it is already good for the normal controller.  :)

Edited by ricky, Tue Jan 1, 2019 4:25 PM.

#88 Ikrananka OFFLINE  

Ikrananka

River Patroller

• 2,834 posts

Posted Tue Jan 1, 2019 4:27 PM

Thank you for the recommendations, I wish have all my cartridges with its overlays, but it seems to me that it is not possible for the overlays of the super action controller,
but it is already good for the normal controller.  :)

He does have a range of overlays for the super action controllers.  I bought some and they are awesome.

#89 ricky OFFLINE  

ricky

Combat Commando

• 6 posts

Posted Tue Jan 1, 2019 4:36 PM

He does have a range of overlays for the super action controllers.  I bought some and they are awesome.

Well, it's cool, I want to order the total for my collection, if it's possible of course.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: overlay

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users