IGNORED

What are you playing on your DS?

Unbeliever

Inquiring minds would like to know! With the release of the 3DS, I was wondering what games for the DS you are stll playing or intend to play, either on the 3DS or the DS Lite/DSi. Any new DS games coming that you intend to buy? Any older games that you just never got to you intend to pick up and play?

A more specific question is: Has anyone tried Pokemon Conquest? I've seen some videos of it, but was wondering what the gameplay was like, what it's compared to, is it fun, etc.

I am rolling through New Super Mario Bros. right now. About halfway through World 2. It's a fun game, but since I played the Wii one first when it came out, this version isn't coming off as anything special to me. My biggest gripe with it is that you can only save after finishing a castle, not exactly ideal for tiny/short stints of play on-the-go. Still, a good game, naturally.

I also have Nanostray 2 here. I had it in the past but barely played it. The visuals are nice, and it's a side-scrolling shmup. Hope to give this a try again soon, after Mario.

ADVANCE WARS. ANY FLAVOR.

Because I'm still using dinosaur DS Lite (I'm thinking of stockpiling them), I can play all 4 games on one machine. I don't play much handheld anymore, but I go through "spells" now and then, and there's almost always an Advance Wars in there.

Also love "Planet Puzzle League." Incredibly addictive, long-forgotten game.

If they want me to buy a new system, they're going to have to cough up some Advance Wars and gimmick it up (because that's what they'll be doing) to only play on a 3DS (and up) system. I might actually think about getting suckered, if they did that.

Well, I'm working on Pokemon Black right now...and I think that's going to take me a good long time to finish....but that's okay. Just picked up Keldeon (special mystery gift Pokemon) and haven't even gotten my third badge yet. No rush...I'm just taking my time with it.

I figured people still have their DS Lites or DSi's (either regular or XL) and maybe not everyone has taken the 3DS plunge yet. It's all about the games...

Been playing a lot of the arcade compilation from Konami in recent weeks. Contra and Road Fighters have seen a lot of play in particular on it.

Lots of games on my to buy list but not much unplayed in my collection. I doubt I'll ever get into Metroid Prime Hunters and Kirby Superstar Ultra after two failed attempts that didn't do anything for me for both of them. And I'm stuck in the annoying temple you repeat every once in a while in Phantom Hourglass (and Spirit Tracks sits here unplayed waiting for me to finish Phantom Hourglass eventually).

I did have well over a dozen games in my DS backlog a year ago.

If you're used to playing the early RPG's where you do pretty much nothing but grind, you'll love it.

Yeah..because in Pokemon, as most Pokemon players know, you need to grind to usually beat the boss of a particular town, unless you were doing that on the way to the boss. So grinding is nothing new. Been doing that since the Final Fantasy 1 days. :D

• 2 weeks later...