IGNORED

Custom Dust Covers for Classic Consoles/11/23/17 Happy Holidays!

oldjd

Consider making some for Atari 1040ST (a reasonable form factor, that includes the identical cover fitting (1) Atari 520STfm, (2) Atari 1040STf, (3) Atari 1040STfm, (4) Atari 520STe, (5) Atari 1040STe, and (6) Atari Falcon - and I'll definitely order. Yet you're willing to make some for obscure game consoles that require metal grommets for mounted joysticks to protrude through? Out of those 5 Atari computers, I have a hard time reasoning that you wouldn't sell an equal - or MORE - number of covers to fit these 6 Atari computers. But evidently, there's no interest in one that will fit these 6 computers, but there is enough interest for obscure game consoles that, perhaps, 5 (or less) people are interested in? Sorry for bringing it up. The only reason for bringing it up, is that I believe there exists a market for these ST covers, and it's not being met, but if you have some one-off, obscure game console, that need is met. I just mean to inquire - from a business perspective - how this makes sense? Perhaps you should make a poll. Or, perhaps you're not interested in business. I'd order 2-3 right now, (for ST) and I think others would. I should think more than would order for an obscure game console that requires grommets for joysticks sticking up. But then again, I'll eventually find what I'm looking for on Ebay (hasn't failed me, yet) so I'm not too worried about it, as I notice the proprietors are not, either.

Consider making some for Atari 1040ST (a reasonable form factor, that includes the identical cover fitting (1) Atari 520STfm, (2) Atari 1040STf, (3) Atari 1040STfm, (4) Atari 520STe, (5) Atari 1040STe, and (6) Atari Falcon - and I'll definitely order. Yet you're willing to make some for obscure game consoles that require metal grommets for mounted joysticks to protrude through? Out of those 5 Atari computers, I have a hard time reasoning that you wouldn't sell an equal - or MORE - number of covers to fit these 6 Atari computers. But evidently, there's no interest in one that will fit these 6 computers, but there is enough interest for obscure game consoles that, perhaps, 5 (or less) people are interested in? Sorry for bringing it up. The only reason for bringing it up, is that I believe there exists a market for these ST covers, and it's not being met, but if you have some one-off, obscure game console, that need is met. I just mean to inquire - from a business perspective - how this makes sense? Perhaps you should make a poll. Or, perhaps you're not interested in business. I'd order 2-3 right now, (for ST) and I think others would. I should think more than would order for an obscure game console that requires grommets for joysticks sticking up. But then again, I'll eventually find what I'm looking for on Ebay (hasn't failed me, yet) so I'm not too worried about it, as I notice the proprietors are not, either.

I'm pretty sure they would be happy to make a 1040 et al. dust cover if someone would provide them with a cheap or loaner shell on which to take measurements and test the fitting of the product. Aside from demand, this seems to be the biggest barrier to them rolling out new dust covers.

Though I expect that through the holidays they will focus on getting a few orders made for the existing systems :)

Thanks labrat.

Your observations are pretty much "spot on"!

And as I have said several times in this thread,if its not listed its because we do not have

the case.

I have had a few requests to just make them,with approximated size.

Barb will not do that.She tried it with a Vectrex,and it ended up being a real chinese firedrill.

IT wasnt until a very generous person sent his actual unit,and she was then able to make one that fit well

Much the same thing with the Jag C/D

And to address the question related to the smaller units,its very difficult as a one person operation to

consider these.Maybe if I learned to "sew" I might be able to help :-o

• 2 weeks later...

I just want to say, i've purchased two of Barb's Dreamcast covers, and they're very high quality. They are snug, just an FYI. They don't just fall on like the Vectrex. But once on, they really do help protect the console from the sun and from dust.

I'm considering getting one for my Jaguar now, my only hesitation is if the Jaguar one is as tight as the Dreamcast. I'd hope it was a little looser fit as I don't want to scratch up my Jag getting the cover on and off.

Otherwise, seriously, great work. And thanks.

Yep, i bought a cover from oldjd for my Intellivision 1&2, and 7800. Going to order more. They give a professional look to consoles sitting on a shelf or wherever you store your consoles. Not to mention, oldjd is a real gentleman and appreciates a good customer!! I haven't seen anyone better to buy from. :thumbsup: :) Oh yes, and thanks to Barb for her skills at making them!

Edited by Rik

Because this thread has been going for awhile,time to address a few repeat questions

No,the consoles do not come with the covers

If the cover isnt in the pictures or list,its because she didnt have the actual console to make

the cover.

Yes,we are still looking for a few "shells"

No,she does not have time to make a cover for a bed,your pets,or spouses :grin:

Please remember,we are literally a Mom and Pop operation.Speed and maximum output are no longer

a part of our daily life :thumbsup:

And probably long overdue,but Barb and I thank everyone for thier comments.praise and business!

• Like 1

Updating for 01-20-13

Also offering an extra 10% off when you buy 6 or more covers

Free shipping (US Only) with 3 or more covers/and or payment with Postal money order

Discounted shipping out of the USA

And thank you, from Barb and I, to all who have made purchases,and been very supportive.It means a lot

to both of us!! :P