Photo

Custom Dust Covers for Classic Consoles/11/23/17 Happy Holidays!

Atari Sega Nintendo Intellivision Commodore Vectrex Colecovision 7800 NES XBox

338 replies to this topic

#326 tep392 OFFLINE  

tep392

River Patroller

• 3,123 posts

Posted Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:22 PM

I just bought the last 800 cover. Will buy an 800xl if she makes more.

#327 wongojack OFFLINE  

wongojack

River Patroller

• 3,362 posts

Posted Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:07 PM

I sent condolences to the paypal email address I used for my last purchase (papanannysfunstuff1971 at gmail.com) and got a very nice reply from Barb today. I assume she will be able to let the community know if she intends to continue this business.

An online obituary can be found here.

I just caught up to this and found out Jerry is gone.  I had a chance to meet him in person last year when I bought 4 or 5 covers from him.  It was a quick meeting, but he seemed like a great guy.  Barb was in the car too.

I added to my condolences to the site linked above - not sure what happens to them from there.  I'm sad to hear of his passing, he added a very real contribution to this community.

#328 atarilovesyou OFFLINE  

atarilovesyou

River Patroller

• 2,636 posts

Posted Sun Feb 4, 2018 8:09 PM

I just heard about Jerry's passing the other day, such sad news.  I've talked on and off with him regarding covers and such for years now.  He was really great to deal with, and you got the sense he was a good guy, grounded with a lot of common sense.  Condolences to his family, and I'm glad to hear that Barb and family will continue with the covers.  They're really the best ones I've ever purchased, and with those new Sega and Turbografx logos on the go I'm sure I'll be able to support with a few more.  He wasn't an old guy by any stretch, and I wished he were able to stay for years to come.  Makes you really take a look at your own life when things like these happen.  Rest in Peace, Jerry.

#329 SpotAnime OFFLINE  

SpotAnime

Chopper Commander

• 129 posts

Posted Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:02 PM

Such sad news... I was looking up this thread to make another order and found out Jerry had passed. My condolences to Barb and I hope Jerry is in heaven looking down on us, playing his favorite videogames in peace...

#330 Oldschool80skid OFFLINE  

Oldschool80skid

Chopper Commander

• 246 posts

Posted Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:23 PM

R.I.P. Jerry

Attached Thumbnails

• Jerry_Dittman_OldJD.jpg

#331 Swami OFFLINE  

Swami

River Patroller

• 2,873 posts

Posted Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:49 PM

Very sorry to hear about Jerry's passing. My condolences and warm wishes to his family. He will be missed here.

#332 ArcadeJunkie OFFLINE  

ArcadeJunkie

Moonsweeper

• 328 posts
  • Respect your digital roots....

Posted Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:21 PM

I just found out as well. The community has lost a wonderful member. God bless you Jerry and Barb!

#333 -^CrožBow^- OFFLINE  

-^CrožBow^-

Quadrunner

• 7,190 posts
  • Collector of Fine Atari and Sega Antiquities!

Posted Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:33 PM

Bad form to post this inside another individuals for sale thread isn't it? Should have made this a separate post.

I did hear from Barb and as has been stated, she and her daughter plan to carry on the covers as long as they are able. I've of course offered my continued assistance with logo digitizing for her as needed.

Edited by -^CrožBow^-, Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:33 AM.

#334 cmart604 OFFLINE  

cmart604

Intellivision Hoarder

• 12,519 posts
  • Running out of things to buy.

Posted Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:43 PM

Ugh. Not sure how I missed this. I loved dealing with Jerry and Barb over the years and I think I bought about 25 of their covers for a bunch of different systems. Jerry was always so friendly and he will be very missed around here. My sincerest condolences to Barb and her family. RIP.

#335 CPUWIZ OFFLINE  

CPUWIZ

Commander

• 35,053 posts
  • I am the one who knocks!

Posted Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:34 AM

Bad form to post this inside another individuals for sale thread isn't it? Should have made this a separate post.

Deleted tasteless posts and quoted replies. :mad:   Benefit of a doubt given, because the post came from Japan, if it re-appears it will be a full on ban.

Best wishes Barb, very sorry to hear.  R.I.P.

#336 SiLic0ne t0aD OFFLINE  

SiLic0ne t0aD

River Patroller

• 2,416 posts
  • Rock 'N Roller, Space Patroller

Posted Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:21 AM

I just heard about this the other day.. Very sad news. I've bought a few of their awesome covers over the years as well and plan to buy more. I'm glad the business will continue on.

My condolences to you, Barb. RIP Jerry

#337 mooshue OFFLINE  

mooshue

Space Invader

• 15 posts

Posted Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:57 PM

Been dealing with Barb directly through Jerry's old email and she's still doing covers as previously stated in the thread.
She is currently only using Ebay since she doesnt know how to get in here but here is the email she's using for direct contact

retiredoldjd@gmail.com

Maybe a mod can update Jerry's main post since they are still very much for sale and Barb has no access.

If this seems out of line feel free to delete but we have been messaging back and forth about it for weeks.

RIP Jerry

#338 VicViper OFFLINE  

VicViper

Dragonstomper

• 653 posts

Posted Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:17 PM

Thanks for the heads up, just grabbed a vectrex cover post haste. wont make the same mistake twice.

#339 eightbit OFFLINE  

eightbit

River Patroller

• 3,455 posts

Posted Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:02 PM

Somehow I missed the passing of Jerry. Really great guy and will be missed. My condolences :(

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Atari, Sega, Nintendo, Intellivision, Commodore, Vectrex, Colecovision, 7800, NES, XBox

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users