IGNORED

Custom Dust Covers for Classic Consoles/11/23/17 Happy Holidays!

oldjd

There has very been little interest shown in either one.

A couple years ago,I had several inquiry's about Atari 400 covers, so after securing a carcass to use for the template, digitizing the label,

etc etc the end result.....

I think we have sold 4 total in 2 years.

As with any business we have to decide if the cost involved to offer a cover is worth it in the long run.

• 2 weeks later...

Great shipping times, one week to Sweden!

Feels nice to have them all covered up for the winter, the three new ones where a little looser, easier to attach and some nice perfumed piece of paper that covered the slightly oily smell from last delivery - nice touch.

Img_5239_ed.jpg

Still have one C64C without a cover... IIRC those aren't in the repertoar (yet)?

• Like 2

Would you be willing to make dustcovers for the TI-99/4a computer and even the PEB if you have enough interest? If so how much interest do you need as far as quantity?

Chris

I think the back would have to be open all the way across on a TI version as many people have mounted their F18A's in different locations.

sml_gallery_35324_1001_3950.jpg

1401641540_2500_FT0_ti99f18a02.jpg

As always the praise and kind words for the covers are always appreciated!!!

Thank you to all!!

I totally agree with posting the pictures, showing them in the "real world" adds to the usefulness factor.

I see several requests about covers we do not currently offer. To answer them, I would of course refer back to post #1 in this thread..

However, I will address it once more.

Every one of the covers offered has been made using the original console case. Every one.

When Barb makes these covers she uses the measurements secured from that console in order to make the templates.

Years ago, she had tried to make a cover for a console based on measurements she was given by the owner, and it ended

up being a fiasco. Back and forth mailings, numerous wasted patterns, and time....lots of it.

So, in answer to the question of :Do we offer this or will we make this?" The simple answer is if it is not shown or mentioned in the

ad, no.

Would she entertain notions of making it? Maybe, but only if your willing to offer/lend/donate the console to use as a template.

How many would you need to order to make it happen? That's tricky, because some consoles are just plain dogs and will

not generate any sales except for that one special request. Others may have a decent interest factor, so in that case in order to

cover initial expenses for time and material, an order of 20 would be a good starting point.

Again, let me point out, that without the actual console to use as a template, it will not happen.

Unfortunately, we are not in a financial position to buy every type of console out there, although I wish that was different. :_(

Hope this will answer some of the questions posed.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

June specials are in the original listing.

If its been awhile since you looked it over, take a few minutes to browse when you can. I have updated

with some new items and prices.

There is also a demo picture of the Fairchild Channel F, this will be available very soon.

Special thanks to -E Frog on this :thumbsup: ;)

post-23685-0-38222400-1433209024_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

As always the praise and kind words for the covers are always appreciated!!!

Thank you to all!!

Unfortunately, we are not in a financial position to buy every type of console out there, although I wish that was different. :_(

Hope this will answer some of the questions posed.

I love my 7800 30th cover, it's awesome, my wife gave it praise as well.

You could always ask in the wanted section for dead consoles of types that people want dust covers for, they don't need to work. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Someone PLEASE SEND THIS COUPLE a Bally Professional Arcade / Astrocade SHELL!

This will complete my 70's game collection covers. (It it is a similar shape to the Fairchild Channel F).

One problem is digitizing the 8 or so names the system was called!

Sorry for shouting, but hey, he is oldjd! :)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I need to snag one of those NES Anniversary covers here one of these days. :)

I didn't notice anything on the 1st post but thought I'd mention the Intellivision dust cover fits the Sears Super Video Arcade as well.

I enjoy all the dust covers I bought so far, they are great products.