IGNORED

WM's Magical Game Factory: ProjectY for Mega Drive/Genesis

108 Stars

Quote from the update on Facebook

"Rest assured everyone involved has been working hard to solve all the issues and ensure a superior product. Our aim is to deliver the ultimate Mega Drive / SEGA Genesis game, in time for the system 30'th anniversary."

So I guess that puts it in September of this year... interesting..

No big deal for me to wait.

You want to talk about patients?

I've been waiting (like those that pre-oredered) for NGDEVTEAM'S Kraut Buster for the Neo-Geo to come out. It's almost three years and nothing yet. Of course they improved it greatly from its first trailer and updated the status for us to know...So it's still worth the wait.

Anthony..

• 3 months later...

Just found this on Facebook:

No news, good news?
Hello Everyone,
Thanks for your patience. It's been exactly one year since we started taking orders for PAPRIUM (and a couple more years of wait for our hardcore MGF fans), It's been extremely stressful year for everyone, we bet.
Regarding what's going on:
We had an issue with the "DATENMEISTER" chip-set manufacturing which resulted in some last minute changes. I've worked round-the-clock for the last couple of weeks to find a workaround and been very scarce on updates, my apologies.
In the next (couple) days we have to adjust the game to reflect those changes. Moreover, in the mean time, there will be an additional round of QC and testing.
Rest assured everyone involved has been working hard to solve all the issues and ensure a superior product. Our aim is to deliver the ultimate Mega Drive / SEGA Genesis game, in time for the system 30'th anniversary.
For people who wait has ran out (well understandable) - as usual - we offer a full refund. Please contact the support at bottom of WM's magical game factory page for details or questions.
Thanks everyone for your comprehension, and my sincere apology for the lack of news.
PS: We are also sending this message through newsletter, it could take several hours for dispatch, thanks for your understanding.
Fonzie

That is actually old news LOL!

Last I heard is that manuals in their respective languages are being proof-read before being printed out. But those involved are back on respecting their NDAs for the game as they should be.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Fresh from my inbox from WM games... could this be true?!

"To English Readers:

On the 27th of October 2018, we are having a party in Paris, France. Let’s celebrate SEGA Genesis / Mega Drive's 30th anniversary and the release of PAPRIUM. We understand this is a long trip but if by any chance you are around at that time, you're of course very welcome. Please contact us at 1988@watermelon-games.com for booking and details. The party starts at 19PM for some talk with WM and some 16-bit fun and then turn into electro music feast from 23PM until 6AM. The event is free but booking is required in advance.
PS: We are working hard to ensure you to receive your games around that time but we can't guarantee it at the moment. You will receive another email shortly to confirm your shipping address.
For the few people still awaiting for their refunds on Paypal, we are still looking for a solution at the moment, thanks for the extra patience."

I got the email too. Good to hear that it's happening. :thumbsup: ;-)

"On the 27th of October 2018, we are having a party in Paris, France. Let’s celebrate SEGA Genesis / Mega Drive's 30th anniversary and the release of PAPRIUM. We understand this is a long trip but if by any chance you are around at that time, you're of course very welcome."

• 3 weeks later...

Do you guys know about the thread over on RetroGamingBoard where someone posted images live from the "Launch Party"? The game was shown running on a real Mega Drive through crappy composite mind you and in boarder vision PAL format. The game also had NO enemies present at all. The stages looked nice but were very buggy. This is way off being in any state for release. A real shame.

I checked out that board that Yakumo1975 mentioned and I dug through the comments and found this video.

In case you all don't want to go digging here it is..

Game looks like it is coming along but strange to have a party when it seems like there is more development needed, hopefully not too much more.

There is not really lots they show but what it looks like, looks pretty good, but sparse and development seems to be needed all over the place.

Edited by imstarryeyed

There is a lot more discussion and speculation about this over at Sega-16 since some of the people involved with the game are posting over there as well. In a nutshell this is what is being told to everyone in regards to what you saw in the video.

Basically, what was shown was an early beta supposedly due to two reasons:

1. Fonzie (WM Games) doesn't want to show anything that could be considered a spoiler to the game. He is pretty ocd about that stuff so this isn't a far stretch. So apparently an older version of the game in progress was being shown.

2. Apparently the game is done and even manufacturing is done, but due to an issue getting the completed product from the manufacturer, there aren't any actual completed game carts to show.

The 2nd explanation I'm not buying into completely, mainly because I don't know of any developer who wouldn't have several revisions of their game burned onto flash carts or prototype PCBs they have made up for testing. So you would think they would have at least some pretty late build version of the game that would demo enemies and the like available to display.

As for explanation 1, if it was an older version build of the game... then why does it have a 2018 copyright on it? Game has been in development for many years and the initial trailers that were show during the last large pre-order did show what looked like a more functional game in progress and that was well over a year ago...

Fonzie also stated something about having an issue with the PCB he used for demo purposes as also being part of the problem. But again, I would think you would test this beforehand and showing it to the public?

It was also noticed that Fonzie didn't seem to let anyone else demo the game besides himself, and in nearly all videos taken, once the graphic glitches begin, the console is turned off shortly afterwards.

I honestly don't know what to think but I do know that I can't really keep track of it anymore LOL!

Like Pier Solar before it...I guess I will continue to wait until I forget about it completely, and then that is when it will show up in my mailbox.

Edited by -^Cro§Bow^-

I've been seeing posts on Twitter saying WM's email address has been deactivated.

I requested a refund from them a few weeks ago. Watermelon recently had a party in Paris saying they were celebrating the 30th anniversary of the Sega Genesis?Mega Drive and the release of their game. But nothing else was mention afterwards on their social media accounts with Twitter and Facebook.

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

I requested a refund from them a few weeks ago. Watermelon recently had a party in Paris saying they were celebrating the 30th anniversary of the Sega Genesis?Mega Drive and the release of their game. But nothing else was mention afterwards on their social media accounts with Twitter and Facebook.

Anthony...

I hope you're able to get a your money back. The lack of communication isn't surprising, because that's what Watermelon seems to be best at, but the fact that people can't even send refund requests because the email no longer exists is troubling.

I've been seeing posts on Twitter saying WM's email address has been deactivated.

Apparently their support email was taken offline yes. So apparently the only way to request a refund is through the contact links off the main WM website? I'm guessing this is so they can filter it easier on their side somehow.

Other news is that there was more discussion that refunds weren't possible because of another issue with PayPal? But again you hear so much stuff...who knows. So it is looking like at this point those of us who invested into this in any way are pretty much stuck. You can't claim a PayPal return because it was over a year ago that the pre-orders went up. So...yeah....

I've just written it off at this point like I did with Pier Solar before it. But shock and awe...I actually did receive pier solar like 3 or 4 years after I paid for it and had forgotten about it?!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...