IGNORED

Colecovision Ring Tones

Bartsfam

Hi;

Just got my first smart phone, issued from work. The rugged Casio Commando.

I was looking for some Colecovision ring tones, and found some knock offs, but not the original tunes.

I was looking for Frenzy or Burgertime ring tones.

I tried making some on my own. I tried recording them from the original games, through my stereo system, onto the phone through it's recorder.

They came out kind of muffled, and not the greatest quality.

Is there a better way to do this? Anyone ever have any luck doing it another way?

Try using Mp3 Editor For Free (that's it's actual name) http://www.mp3-editor.net/Mp3EditorforFree.exe with an emulator. It will capture anything that's coming out the speakers and let you edit it. I just ran it thru AVG to make sure it doesn't have any spyware and it came back negative. (YMMV) It will ask you to install a toolbar and change your homepage but you can opt out during setup. I've used it to capture some cool arcade (w/mame) sounds and ring tones for my driod x2. Pretty simple and fun to mess with.

Some ADAM/ColecoVision emulators have the ability to record the game music as a midi file. This can then be converted to a WAV or MP3 file which can then be imported as a ringtone on most phones. My older phone could actually play midi files as ringtones directly. I don't know if newer smartphones have that ability or not. I haven't experimented with it in quite awhile.

Hi;

Just got my first smart phone, issued from work. The rugged Casio Commando.

I was looking for some Colecovision ring tones, and found some knock offs, but not the original tunes.

I was looking for Frenzy or Burgertime ring tones.

I tried making some on my own. I tried recording them from the original games, through my stereo system, onto the phone through it's recorder.

They came out kind of muffled, and not the greatest quality.

Is there a better way to do this? Anyone ever have any luck doing it another way?

You could use this Bartsfam.

http://www.listentoyoutube.com/

You would probably want to find an editor to cut out a 20sec section. You can probably use this for editing. I personally have never used this program, but I have heard of it and I love open source.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

I tried the Mp3 for free first. Pretty easy to use..but the save files are huge. And it only lets you save wave files. You have to pay to save in the mp3 format.

I have to play around with it to see if the files can be made smaller somehow.

I'm going to try Audacity next....

Try a program called SUPER...it's free and converts literally anything (audio & video) to anything...

http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

I tried the Mp3 for free first. Pretty easy to use..but the save files are huge. And it only lets you save wave files. You have to pay to save in the mp3 format.

I have to play around with it to see if the files can be made smaller somehow.

I'm going to try Audacity next....

• 2 weeks later...

So it rained today, and I had all day to play with the various MP3 editors. I could never find good Colecovision ringtones anywhere, so I made my own. I attached them to this post, so no one else would have to go through the trouble, if they wanted any.

In case you don't know how to get them to the phone, I did the following:

I have a Casio Commando, running Andoid 2.3.3. To get them to the phone, I created two folders on the internal SD card.

One is "Ringtones" and the other is "Notifications." I then copied the ringtones and notifiers to the proper folder via USB connector, and the phone would recognize them as available ringtones.

Or, you could just email them to yourself as an attachment.

I tried to keep the files as small as I could, but wanted to keep the sound quality. All work great on my phone.

Enjoy!

Colecovision 1.zip Bump N' Jump, Burgertime, Cabbage Patch Kids, DK, DK Jr., Frenzy, Frenzy (end), Frenzy (pause), Frenzy Stage 2, Frenzy Stage 3.

Colecovision 2.zip Beamrider, Frogger Intro, Frogger Stage 1, Gorf intro, Gorf end of stage, Gorf notifier, Gyruss Intro, Gyruss Level 1, Ladybug, Pacman Atari Proto, Pepper II, Smurf, Tapper.

Colecovision Venture.zip Venture Goblin Room, Venture Skeleton Room, Venture Serpent Room, Venture End.

Edited by Bartsfam
  • Like 1

So it rained today, and I had all day to play with the various MP3 editors. I could never find good Colecovision ringtones anywhere, so I made my own. I attached them to this post, so no one else would have to go through the trouble, if they wanted any.

In case you don't know how to get them to the phone, I did the following:

I have a Casio Commando, running Andoid 2.3.3. To get them to the phone, I created two folders on the internal SD card.

One is "Ringtones" and the other is "Notifications." I then copied the ringtones and notifiers to the proper folder via USB connector, and the phone would recognize them as available ringtones.

Or, you could just email them to yourself as an attachment.

I tried to keep the files as small as I could, but wanted to keep the sound quality. All work great on my phone.

Enjoy!

Colecovision 1.zip Bump N' Jump, Burgertime, Cabbage Patch Kids, DK, DK Jr., Frenzy, Frenzy (end), Frenzy (pause), Frenzy Stage 2, Frenzy Stage 3.

Colecovision 2.zip Beamrider, Frogger Intro, Frogger Stage 1, Gorf intro, Gorf end of stage, Gorf notifier, Gyruss Intro, Gyruss Level 1, Ladybug, Pacman Atari Proto, Pepper II, Smurf, Tapper.

Colecovision Venture.zip Venture Goblin Room, Venture Skeleton Room, Venture Serpent Room, Venture End.

Great stuff thanks for doing that I always like to have more Colecovision music on my phone. I would also suggest using Daniel Bienvenu music for your phone also. I love his music and have used his stuff as ring tones for my phone for a while

http://www.ccjvq.com/newcoleco/

Edited by RelliK111

Here is a couple of more Colcecovision Ringtones from the classics......

Colecovision 3.zip Mousetrap, Mr. Do, Mr. Do's Castle, Pitfall II, Space Fury, Spy Hunter, Venture extra life notifier.

I always loved the "extra life" sound in Venture. I think it was used in other games also, but I don't recall where right now.....

Also, someone complained that some of previous Frenzy tones were too soft, and Cabbage Patch was too soft...so I amplified them a little:

Updated Frenzy and Cabbage louder.zip

Edited by Bartsfam

I'm glad you took the time to do these.....and thanks for the share! I've already changed my ring and notifier tones to some of your rips.

The Venture "extra Life" sound reminds me of a Super Mario Power Up....when he doubles or triples in size. I know there are others...just can't place em atm.

may I inquire what you ultimately went with?

sound pretty good!

may I inquire what you ultimately went with?

sound pretty good!

Thanks! I ultimately went with Audacity. After some tweaking, I found it really easy to use.

MP3 editor for free was good also, but it would not "save" in the MP3 format without paying for the full version. The "wav" version files were huge!

Audacity has the ability to record whatever comes out of your computer's speakers. I would play the game in blueMSX, and then record. I would have to dodge enemies so I didn't ruin the music with weapons fire! But, in some cases I had no choice so I could get at least 20 seconds out of it for a ring tone.

I don't know much technically, how the music is produced and played on the actual game itself, but..I was amazed how crystal clear, and dare I say intricate, Smurf Rescue music was, coming out of my computer's speakers!! And that was one of the first game's that came out on the CV. Bump N' Jump, on the other hand, was a muffled and tinny mess.

• 2 weeks later...

Someone asked for some 2600 "Demon Attack" tones, so here they are:

Demon Attack.zip I also put some "Star Tropics" tunes on there from the NES. Kind of obscure, I know....

Also, just to get everything organized in one spot, here are all of the previous CV tones I posted:

Colecovision 3.zip Mousetrap, Mr. Do, Mr. Do's Castle, Pitfall II, Space Fury, Spy Hunter.

Colecovision Venture.zip Venture Goblin Room, Venture Skeleton Room, Venture Serpent Room, Venture End, Venture Extra Life.

Edited by Bartsfam

Thanks for these.

FYI always thought Space Panic - end of level - would be a short but good ring tone.

Ask, and you shall receive:

Space Panic.mp3

Space Panic Intro Notifier.mp3

That was a good call. I had never really played Space Panic before..it took me awhile to figure it out and clear a level.

@retroillucid

"You guys are crazy! :lol: :)"

Sorry..I know, too much time on my hands!!

• Like 1