Photo

Mr. Bland's Handhelds

112 replies to this topic

#101 Tombstone OFFLINE  

Tombstone

Chopper Commander

• 116 posts

Posted Fri Apr 3, 2015 11:42 PM

Nice to know that the seller makes a quality product. I have seen that portable from time to time but always wondered of it was junk, a scam, or what have you. The thought of having a portable and compact 2600 certainly interests me so i will give this some serious thought. Thank u for the info. Just something else to spend my hard-earned money on. <big sigh>

#102 MrBland ONLINE  

MrBland

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 618 posts
  • 474|2!

Posted Sat Apr 4, 2015 7:18 PM

Sure, no problem.

I was glancing through my collection photos and realized I don't have any posted for my Starpath additions. The Starpath games are the ultimate in retro gaming! I mean where else can you get that perfect combo of 8 bit goodness combined with cassettes and old modem nostalgia! I put MP3 files for all the games on my iPhone for convenience and currently have 1-7 CIB. Eventually I'll get those last few but in the mean time arcade quality Frogger eases the pain.

Sometime here soon I'll add the pics, maybe I can acquire those last few before posting! Hey I can dream can't I ;)

#103 Tombstone OFFLINE  

Tombstone

Chopper Commander

• 116 posts

Posted Sat Apr 4, 2015 7:58 PM

You have great taste. I have all the Starpath games. They are deliciously awesome. The last two are obviously hard to come by, but they just require a little patience. Good luck to you.

#104 MrBland ONLINE  

MrBland

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 618 posts
  • 474|2!

Posted Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:23 PM

I've slowly expanded and gotten a few additions I really love. First here is My Starpath games for the Atari 2600:
IMG_0207.JPG
Now I have actually had these for a while but somehow never got around to posting any pics. I still need three games to complete the set, one of these days I'll action off my first born so I can afford them ;)

Edited by MrBland, Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:31 PM.

#105 MrBland ONLINE  

MrBland

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 618 posts
  • 474|2!

Posted Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:36 PM

Here is my DS/3DS collection. I use to have the original grey DS, but my kids played that thing to death.. literally.. it's in two halves now with a cracked screen.. but moving on.

IMG_0206.JPG

The New 3DS XL is a lot of fun, this and my modified Gameboy Advance have been getting the most play time of late. Nice form factor, good games (especially with the Virtual Console and a flash cart!)

#106 MrBland ONLINE  

MrBland

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 618 posts
  • 474|2!

Posted Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:47 PM

Now here is what brings me the most joy lately. What we have here is a modified Gameboy Advance and a 20th anniversary Gameboy Advance Micro!

IMG_0205.JPG

The Gameboy Advance originally was modified by Rose Colored Gaming. This is their Dingy DMG model but they used a front lit screen in their mod and I just hated the results, a lot of glare that resulted in a poor quality picture. So I set out on an adventure and hunted down a backlit screen from a Gameboy Advance SP AGS-101, I then found a guy in China who hand crafts ribbon adapters with a switch to adjust the brightness, and purchased my first soldering gun and some solder. This was my first ever attempt at soldering, fortunately it is a very simple project and it turned out BEAUTIFULLY! It has a glass screen cover that is very resistant to scratches, and what can I say... I just love it!

Edited by MrBland, Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:25 PM.

#107 MrBland ONLINE  

MrBland

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 618 posts
  • 474|2!

Posted Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:57 PM

This was a fun project. I was having trouble taking my favorite systems around with me because frankly while I am a gamer, I am also a collector and can't stand the abuse to systems always on the move. I had to have a way to protect "Mmyyyy precioussss!"  So after repurposing some cases, doing some minor customization, perrrrfect!

IMG_0204.JPG

For my Gameboy/3ds addiction on the go.

IMG_0203.JPG

And for when I just gotta have my 2600 fix while sitting at the boys Tae Kwon Do practice.

Edited by MrBland, Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:57 PM.

#108 MrBland ONLINE  

MrBland

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 618 posts
  • 474|2!

Posted Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:11 PM

Here is my small but fun Game Gear collection. A tragedy happened recently and I left my Mortal Kombat cart at band rehearsal. The mourning period for my fallen comrade is almost past now, time to recruit another cart... maybe a few more while I'm at it.

IMG_0202.JPG

Now don't get too crazy over the White Game Gear; it is not in fact the legendary Japanese Game Gear every collector worth his salt owns, but it is still a very cool Game Gear. It has had every cap there is replaced, a very well done led mod (the camera doesn't do the screen justice), a glass lens, a LED power indicator replaced with a cool blue, and of course a paint job and buttons replaced to give it that "legendary" look. The sound is ENCREDIBLE, and the system in general is very fun to play.

The blue Game Gear I've had for a while and is stock except for having its' caps replaced.  

Edited by MrBland, Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:27 PM.

#109 Troy_Whelan OFFLINE  

Troy_Whelan

Dragonstomper

• 734 posts

Posted Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:20 PM

Cool pictures!  Especially the portable Atari 2600.  :)  I recently purchased the PS Vita with 64GB flash card such that I could travel (to the couch) with a lot of games with less risk of losing any of them.  I mainly use it for portable PS1 and PSP games with a few Indie games and Vita games on it.  Thanks for sharing the pictures; I enjoy seeing what others have and how they keep their stuff safe.

Troy

#110 MrBland ONLINE  

MrBland

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 618 posts
  • 474|2!

Posted Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:22 PM

Now here are my crowing jewels:

IMG_0201.JPG

I've posted on the modded Lynx II earlier, at last I have a Lynx I, my true first love with a beautiful new LCD screen! The picture is just amazing! I just can't use enough exclamation marks when describing my joy over these modded systems!!!!!!!!!!..... Ok you get the idea.

The Lynx II has the TV out I demonstrated earlier, while the Lynx I looks stock until you flip the power on.

Posing with these two beauties is the new re-release of Alpine Games by Duranik. The developers of this release have gone all out and the results are enough to make any collector drool while the game play keeps the gamers happy. It just doesn't get better.

Edited by MrBland, Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:22 PM.

#111 MrBland ONLINE  

MrBland

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 618 posts
  • 474|2!

Posted Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:39 PM

Cool pictures!  Especially the portable Atari 2600.   :)  I recently purchased the PS Vita with 64GB flash card such that I could travel (to the couch) with a lot of games with less risk of losing any of them.  I mainly use it for portable PS1 and PSP games with a few Indie games and Vita games on it.  Thanks for sharing the pictures; I enjoy seeing what others have and how they keep their stuff safe.

Troy

You know I have never owned a Playstation... in any form. Played Resident Evil on a friend's system years ago (that game was AWESOME) but never pulled the trigger myself, the time has come! But I've been fretting over which to get. I'm leaning strongly toward the PSP 1000... or maybe the PSP GO...  

Is the Vita nice? I confess I am partial to older iterations of systems in general, something about the solid hefty feeling...

Edited by MrBland, Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:10 PM.

#112 Troy_Whelan OFFLINE  

Troy_Whelan

Dragonstomper

• 734 posts

Posted Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:47 PM

The PSP Go had a cool look and feel to it, but did not sell very well.  It could not play UMD games or movies like the PSP 1000 - 3000 and required you to download anything you wanted to play.  Many people had already bought UMD games for the PSP and did not want to buy the game again for the Go.  I bought the PSP 3000 and that was very nice, but I really like the PS Vita and the screen is awesome.  The PS Vita is the best of the lot especially if you do not have any of the earlier versions.  Plus there are some great new games coming out for the Vita that will not be available for any of the earlier systems.

#113 MrBland ONLINE  

MrBland

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 618 posts
  • 474|2!

Posted Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:23 PM

You talked me into it :)
image.jpg
I was out grocery shopping and just couldn't help myself. I was struggling a little bit between a PCH-1000 with an OLED and the PCH-2000... But the screen life of the 2000 won me over.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users