IGNORED

Mr. Bland's Handhelds

Merry Christmas!

So I just finished putting together the kid's trampoline, in the rain... So after that miserable adventure I decided to reward myself with some quiet collection time :)

I love the Starpath games for the 2600. Something about the sound of a 65k modem, 80s cassettes and 8 bit games just feels like a little piece of heaven. It's like the ultimate retro party wrapped up in an awesome gaming artwork package. I have most of the Starpath collection and added Party Mix, Sword of Saros, and Survival Island not too long ago:

post-33058-0-44769900-1450979909_thumb.jpeg

All I need now is Rabbit Transit and Frogger

I love the Atari Lynx and have a pretty complete collection. There are a few items I haven't added yet though but now I'm a little closer:

post-33058-0-83140200-1450980204_thumb.jpeg

One thing that struck me when trying out the sun visors was the extreme viewing angle. Those old LCDs even when new were pretty finicky.

But now for what I'm most exited about:

post-33058-0-14690900-1450980598_thumb.jpeg

So this is a gold painted Lynx I and a California Games that was given away as part of a contest done by a UK distributor.

Well that's it from me from now, Merry Christmas!

Edited by MrBland
  • Like 1

Merry Christmas!

So I just finished putting together the kid's trampoline, in the rain... So after that miserable adventure I decided to reward myself with some quiet collection time :)

I love the Starpath games for the 2600. Something about the sound of a 65k modem, 80s cassettes and 8 bit games just feels like a little piece of heaven. It's like the ultimate retro party wrapped up in an awesome gaming artwork package. I have most of the Starpath collection and added Party Mix, Sword of Saros, and Survival Island not too long ago:

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

All I need now is Rabbit Transit and Frogger

I love the Atari Lynx and have a pretty complete collection. There are a few items I haven't added yet though but now I'm a little closer:

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

One thing that struck me when trying out the sun visors was the extreme viewing angle. Those old LCDs even when new were pretty finicky.

But now for what I'm most exited about:

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

So this is a gold painted Lynx I and a California Games that was given away as part of a contest done by a UK distributor.

Well that's it from me from now, Merry Christmas!

I've always wanted The Official Frogger myself. Sadly, this game is hard to come by, and when it does show up, it’s usually for big $$. This game is the reason I purchased a Harmony cart and am glad I did so. :)

Thanks for posting.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Couple new things going on with my PS Vita. Bought Child of Light on sale, fun game. Oh and ya SUPER MARIO WORLD!!!

post-33058-0-73439100-1471470149_thumb.jpeg

In case you've been under rock somewhere and are completely out of touch (FYI a felon and reality star are running for president) the PS Vita has been broke wide open making it the ultimate emulation device! I have been playing everything from Doom to Pokemon Red on this baby. Add that on top of the ability to stream Steam games from your PC and all the PS games you can get legit, it just doesn't get any better.

Edited by MrBland

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Expanding my Lynx collection a little more with these awesome games. I actually already owned Yastuna, but I just could not pass up this beautiful full size poster, pin, manual and box. Plus it came with a secret! I just can't say enough about the quality, the care and the obvious love that went into these games!

post-33058-0-76336600-1500670226_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Well I've been quiet in here for a while but not stagnant in my collecting ;)

My latest addition to my Lynx collection was Wyvern Tales, which you can see here:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/205836-wyvern-tales/page-12

I can't say enough good things about this game, just a whole lotta fun. Ninjabba just did a beautiful job in this homebrew. The game, the packaging, the manual... just flawless. I would recommend anyone who purchases this ask for a sturdy box, mine got crushed. In all fairness Ninjabba gave me the option of a pricier more sturdy shipping option and I went cheap, so not his fault, but don't make my mistake!

Another purchase I made a while back is a Nintendo Switch, great machine! I'll have to get around to taking some good pictures of it to post.

The tablet part is blue and white, themed after the champion's tunic in Breath of the Wild. The joy-cons are a metallic gold, going after a classic "Zelda" look. The pro controller is gold with blue handles with "Take this." engraved on the bottom. I love how the color scheme of the system turned out but I'm thinking of replacing or repainting the handles of the pro controller.

Here is a video of a Labo project I did with my kids that we entered into a Nintendo contest:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HG0H1Aew6c"

It was a lot of fun to do. I highly recommend Labo for the Nintendo Switch.

Edited by MrBland

• 10 months later...

A little update, it has been a few months since I did the cooling mod on my Switch and it still works great! Even overclocked it doesn't get hot and the fan is hardly noticeable.

Now you may be asking "why a Nintendo Switch post in an Atari forum?"

Because the Switch is a BEAST of an Atari machine!

post-33058-0-72146600-1556662383_thumb.jpg

While I always play my 2600, Lynx, etc. in handheld mode on the go, it works just as well docked and up on the big screen!