#126 MrBland OFFLINE  

MrBland

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 683 posts
  • 474|2!

Posted Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:17 PM

Merry Christmas!
So I just finished putting together the kid's trampoline, in the rain... So after that miserable adventure I decided to reward myself with some quiet collection time :)

I love the Starpath games for the 2600. Something about the sound of a 65k modem, 80s cassettes and 8 bit games just feels like a little piece of heaven. It's like the ultimate retro party wrapped up in an awesome gaming artwork package. I have most of the Starpath collection and added Party Mix, Sword of Saros, and Survival Island not too long ago:
image.jpeg
All I need now is Rabbit Transit and Frogger

I love the Atari Lynx and have a pretty complete collection. There are a few items I haven't added yet though but now I'm a little closer:
image.jpeg
One thing that struck me when trying out the sun visors was the extreme viewing angle. Those old LCDs even when new were pretty finicky.
But now for what I'm most exited about:
image.jpeg
So this is a gold painted Lynx I and a California Games that was given away as part of a contest done by a UK distributor.
Well that's it from me from now, Merry Christmas!

Edited by MrBland, Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:23 PM.

#127 sramirez2008 OFFLINE  

sramirez2008

Dragonstomper

• 718 posts

Posted Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:12 PM

Merry Christmas!
So I just finished putting together the kid's trampoline, in the rain... So after that miserable adventure I decided to reward myself with some quiet collection time :)

I love the Starpath games for the 2600. Something about the sound of a 65k modem, 80s cassettes and 8 bit games just feels like a little piece of heaven. It's like the ultimate retro party wrapped up in an awesome gaming artwork package. I have most of the Starpath collection and added Party Mix, Sword of Saros, and Survival Island not too long ago:
attachicon.gifimage.jpeg
All I need now is Rabbit Transit and Frogger

I love the Atari Lynx and have a pretty complete collection. There are a few items I haven't added yet though but now I'm a little closer:
attachicon.gifimage.jpeg
One thing that struck me when trying out the sun visors was the extreme viewing angle. Those old LCDs even when new were pretty finicky.
But now for what I'm most exited about:
attachicon.gifimage.jpeg
So this is a gold painted Lynx I and a California Games that was given away as part of a contest done by a UK distributor.
Well that's it from me from now, Merry Christmas!

I've always wanted The Official Frogger myself. Sadly, this game is hard to come by, and when it does show up, it’s usually for big $$.  This game is the reason I purchased a Harmony cart and am glad I did so. :)

Thanks for posting.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users