IGNORED

Building a MAME Arcade

Metal Jesus

http://youtu.be/tpUaw4cooc8

We document our building and renovating a cheap stand-up arcade cabinet into a death metal black MAME arcade machine for the Game Room! The original cab is a Centipede machine, front end for MAME is Hyperspin and the controller is the X-Arcade Dual Joystick

I don't like being called the "Beer Bitch"... But I won out in the end. :)

• Like 2

Wow, I'm the 1st to say anything? Hey I was hoping for some followup news on that MAME cab of yours! Good vid! :thumbsup:

I have an original coinop Xevious in great shape, & this past weekend I moved my Kangaroo cab into the same room. It was getting lonely in the garage. & I found a Centipede sheet in mine like yours! It's pretty bad, I'm trying to give it away in the Marketplace forum.

I have a PS2 in it w/ a "cheapy" Magnavox LCD TV, & I use the Xgaming DualStick llike yours (great donation BTW!) I dont know if you got the manual w/ yours, but they're lifetime guaranteed- maybe you have to be the orig. buyer- & NEVER disconnect it while your system is on, or you'll fry the stick it says. Just a note.

I debated a MAME cab but I had this LaunchDay PS2 & decided it'd be easier to do that. W/ the Taito, Midway, NAMCO, Capcom, etc. comp discs I have, plus a few PS1 arcade titles (In The Hunt, Q*Bert, Konami Arcade Classics) I have 300+ games to play (though some need better controls like Centipede & Tempest- playable, but cry out for original controls.) The only "down side" is having to remove the discs manually to play different games. I usually go thru the disc & play what I want before switching. Do you ever think you might give up your game systems/collections & go for arcade coinops?

Oh yes, what's the deal MJ? You couldnt even help PAINT the cab? You're not that inept are you? ;)

Edited by RJ

Do you ever think you might give up your game systems/collections & go for arcade coinops?

Oh yes, what's the deal MJ? You couldnt even help PAINT the cab? You're not that inept are you? ;)

My wife knows me pretty well, and she basically said I have room for 1 arcade cab in the house, so make it count! If I started adding more of them, I'd need a bigger house :)

As for painting... yeah, I actually did some of it, but really DMP was more than happy to do all that stuff, as long as the beer was flowin'. I didn't mind a bit!

My wife knows me pretty well, and she basically said I have room for 1 arcade cab in the house

Yeah mine said that too when I got the empty Kangaroo cab. Now as of this weekend there's 2 in the house. :)

Though I did rearrange the room & move it in without her knowing.

Edited by RJ

I watched your video before I noticed you had posted here about it. I subscribed a little while back, there is a list somewhere of channels people here sub to and I think I added everyone that is here and on does stuff on YouTube to my list.

Anyway, very nice machine man. Its nice to have someone to help with all that stuff. I have built 3 MAME machines now, 1 for myself, and 2 for friends, I have 2 more in the works. I like spreading the love you see. I have always wanted to try HyperSpin but the set up is a mother... as far as I can tell. All the files and videos and mess. If nothing else you have my envy for getting that right.

You have to build a customer control panel. You will enjoy it if you build it, believe me. I did mine that way and since then I haven't even though about a pre made deal. The X-Arcade stuff is good, but a custom job is great.

• 4 weeks later...