IGNORED

Duckie Egg

GroovyBee

Who'd have thought a country farmyard could be so stressful? Playing as Hen House Harry you must collect a dozen eggs before the nasties get out and eat all your corn. Watch out for the crazy duck - if she gets out of the cage, you're in real trouble!

post-21935-0-30003100-1349030727_thumb.pngpost-21935-0-91217700-1349030743_thumb.png

With over forty eggsciting and challenging levels you'll be ducky to get out of the farmyard alive!

post-21935-0-62543400-1349030762_thumb.pngpost-21935-0-59768500-1349030773_thumb.png

TIPS :

- Avoid ducks!

- Collect as much corn from each screen as you can (for bonus points).

- Plan your route and be quick.

- Extra life every 10,000 points.

Also includes an original retro look graphics mode (available from the options menu). Yep! You too can take your jag back to 1983!

post-21935-0-04260300-1349030826_thumb.pngpost-21935-0-36113900-1349030840_thumb.png

Many thanks to sh3-rg for the brilliant new look graphics, DVD cover and a ton of testing. Thanks also to the game's beta testers: nonner242, CyranoJ, Linkovitch, Gaztee, Sauron, remowilliamsm Shamus and samwise. A special thanks goes out to omf for going beyond the call of duty during testing.

As the title screen says its still in beta. We had hoped to get a fully complete version ready for the Portland Show this weekend, but ran out of time :(. So.... We sent a beta to the show instead :D. Don't worry we'll still be working on it in the coming months (as time permits).

Press fire to start the game at the title page or you can use the number keys to start on the more difficult levels :-

1 - Starts on level 9

2 - Starts on level 17

3 - Starts on level 25

4 - Starts on level 33

Press 0 simultaneously to enable "old git mode" which halves the frame rate :lol:.

From the options menu you can select the look of the game, the level pack and adjust the music and FX volumes.

The game is hard! You'll also need to master the "d-pad roll" to get on/off ladders and walkways. Basically you roll the d-pad around in the direction you want to go in. This is due to the original game being a keyboard based one.

Its been tested on both PAL and NTSC machines, SkunkBoards and also real carts without any problems. The game works fine on VJ but has issues on both Project Tempest (no sound or sprites) and Jagulator (no sound, too fast, crashes on the HSC).

The game's development thread can be found here.

Known bugs

Sometimes sounds are "lost".

Not all backdrops are finished.

Here's the ROM :-

DuckieEgg.1.19.rom.zip

The BJL :-

DuckieEgg.1.19.bjl.zip

As with pretty much all homebrew game ROMs released on AA you are permitted to make a cart or CD for your own personal use but NOT allowed to make and sell them to others.

The GPL'd source :-

DuckieEgg.src.1.19.zip

A "thumb" of the temporary DVD cover (a new one will be produced for the final game) :-

post-21935-0-34878000-1349031710_thumb.png

The full sized one is in this *.zip so that the forum software doesn't mangle the image :-

DuckieEggTempDvdCover.zip

Anyways... Have fun! Any problems let me know.

• Like 21

Awesome work groovy :)

C'mon, all together now!

http://youtu.be/NemkBVSnUt0

Edit:

edit: I can`t get it to burn to a cd, if somebody could post a cdi image on here for us less computer savy people.

I'm compelled to ask again, is downloading JiFFI and use it to produce a .cdi image, which then you can burn by reading this tutorial really difficult? If so, I should consider re-doing JiFFI's interface.

Edited by ggn
  • Like 2

Chances are very good (had to use Jiffi 1.2 as 1.3 has a bug that GB has now exposed with his binary \o/ - GGN will fix this soon). I'm not able to test this here as it'll wake up my sleeping baby (the dvd burner is insanely loud!) so good luck with it & report back either way to prevent anyone burning coasters ;-)

Chances are very good (had to use Jiffi 1.2 as 1.3 has a bug that GB has now exposed with his binary \o/ - GGN will fix this soon). I'm not able to test this here as it'll wake up my sleeping baby (the dvd burner is insanely loud!) so good luck with it & report back either way to prevent anyone burning coasters ;-)

Thank you! its works perfect and great job!

• Like 2