IGNORED

Christmas Carol Goes On Sale! (FINALLY!)

DZ-Jay

Is this a "new" space patrol or are you creating more of the ones which were already released?

It is the same game as previous releases, but this release uses my new boards, new shells, new cartridge sticker and has updated overlays using Willy's new process.

BTW, you can order just the overlays if that's all you want. The ordering page is now live. Other goodies include 3-D glasses and RF modulators.

http://spacepatrol.info/

http://leftturnonly.info/

Ahhh, that's what I was waiting for. :D (Well, that, and some additional funds in my PP balance.)

Great news! And, ordered!

(BTW will 4-Tris be added to the site in the near future?)

I second that, as well as all the the homebrews i am missing.

For those ordering 3-D glasses, don't forget to check-out Christmas Carol's title and credit screens with the glasses on! (The playable parts don't show off the effect in any significant way.)

It was quite unintentional, but it showcases the effect rather well, and it illustrates what is possible for future development. :)

-dZ.

Just a quick heads up: The first units are shipping today, but only a handful. I expect I'll get another couple small batches out the next couple nights, and clear any backlog over the weekend.

We've gotten quite a few orders. I'm hoping for quite a few more. Get over there and order! :-) http://leftturnonly.info/

I'm shipping everyone's orders via USPS, and entering email addresses in with the shipping info. USPS should send you an email when your package gets entered.

For folks that ordered Christmas Carol and later ordered Space Patrol: I will try to identify and combine shipping where I can. If I can refund shipping expenses because I'm combining, say, one Space Patrol and one Christmas Carol in the same box, I will.

• Like 1

Ok, I ordered Christmas Carol & Space Patrol, plus 3D glasses.... :D :D :D :D :D :D Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!!!!!

By the way, just to be clear. The glasses are not for use with Christmas Carol. I think they are for Hover Force.

If you have Christmas Carol and the glasses, you can use them to view the credits, which show a neat 3-D effect. But the game itself was not made for 3-D.

I wouldn't want people buying the glasses with the expectation of playing Carol in 3-D. They do work for other stuff, though. :)

dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay

By the way, just to be clear. The glasses are not for use with Christmas Carol. I think they are for Hover Force.

If you have Christmas Carol and the glasses, you can use them to view the credits, which show a neat 3-D effect. But the game itself was not made for 3-D.

I wouldn't want people buying the glasses with the expectation of playing Carol in 3-D. They do work for other stuff, though. :)

dZ.

That`s Ok, I just wanted a pair..

DZ-Jay: I can't wait to check out your game! I have to admit part of me wants to hold off on playing it much until we get a bit closer to the holiday -- just as I don't pull Dracula out when it's not October -- but we'll see if I ultimately give in to temptation. :)

intvnut: Just wanted to say that it feels great to be able to buy Space Patrol from the guy who made it, and to know the money's going to him instead of someone perpetrating a 500+% markup on Ebay! Two years ago, I never thought I'd be able to get all the released homebrews from the 2000s without winning the lottery; now I've got 4/5 (not counting the Activision repros), and haven't paid three figures for any of them.

I was worried for a moment! Thought cmart ordered all the Space Patrols :P . Firefox browser would not go to the ordering page for space patrol, so I switched to Google Chrome and both games ordered..

That's weird, I tested it in both Firefox and Safari.

DZ-Jay: I can't wait to check out your game! I have to admit part of me wants to hold off on playing it much until we get a bit closer to the holiday -- just as I don't pull Dracula out when it's not October -- but we'll see if I ultimately give in to temptation. :)

I say, start playing it now, and continue all through the season! :)