IGNORED

Soaring 32X Auction Prices

LynxVGL

goldenegg, you're 100% sure that you've successfully burned ISO/WAV/CUE on a Mac? Like I said, BIN/CUE works great for me (except for 3DO images), but I don't know of any support for ISO/WAV/CUE in Burn, and last I knew Toast didn't support it either. If you're able to burn ISO/WAV/CUE it'd be great if you'd document exactly how you did it (which would obviously make ISO/MP3/CUE doable simply by converting the MP3s to WAVs).

I use Taiyo Yuden discs and have successfully burned 3DO games and ISO/WAV/CUE Sega CD images from a PC, so I doubt my media is the issue. I was able to burn certain .cdi images at one point for PlayStation discs.

I don't have a ISO/CUE/WAVE image handy, but I do have BIN/CUE/WAVE image. I just burned it with Toast 11 and confirmed it to be fully functional. Didn't do anything fancy to get it working. I just pointed Toast at the CUE file and off it went.

In the case of Sega CD, it should be noted that there have been newer dumps of the entire catalog in just BIN/CUE format (no separate music files). I've replaced all my images with these new dumps, as they're just easier to work with in general.

For those of you having issues, you can also try the following:

1 - Download and install Daemon Tools for Mac (http://www.daemon-to...ducts/dtMacLite)

2 - Mount your ISO/CUE/<music> or BIN/CUE/<music> image using Daemon Tools

3 - Use whatever burning software to perform a disk to disk copy

NOTE: I haven't tried this myself, but you can give it a shot without spending anything other than the cost of a disk.

Hmm, interesting. I can't run Toast 11 (I'm still on PPC) but that's good to know that at least BIN/CUE/WAV works, though to be honest I've never seen an image in that format!

If I could find dumps of the Japanese games in BIN/CUE that'd be great. I know a certain poorly illuminated H2O group has been doing good work, but not all of their dumps circulate.

Have you tried burning 3DO games on the Mac? I burned several recently, in BIN/CUE format even, and none of them would read. I tried two different FZ-1s, both of which are known to work with burns, and used Taiyo Yudens for both. I suspect that Burn doesn't support the unusual 3DO file structure, or in some way is messing it up.

Well, again, these are two FZ-1 consoles that are both known to work with discs, for which I've successfully burned discs using my fiancée's old PC (which is currently KO'ed), and on which I'm using the best-quality media (Taiyo Yuden).

Which program are you using to burn 3DO images? The 3DO BIN/CUE images I've burned with Burn will not boot on either of my FZ-1s, and I can't check the file structure since there's no support for OperaFS on OS X.

Holy cow. I must have fallen asleep because my 32x blackthorne is now worth half a damn.

Last I heard, the 32x one was worth about what my snes and gba versions were...roughly 1/10 of a damn.

Oddly I don't have a 32x pitfall. I was sure I had, but no.

Both are honestly lousy games, no matter the system, but I suppose that's how it always goes.

Edited by Reaperman

• 2 weeks later...

Bummer. I was hoping to get around to continuing my 32x collection but not at some of these prices. :(

I got Primal Rage CIB and passed on, what is now, a good deal on Pitfall thinking I'd just pick it up later. Really sucks sitting here trying to pay down bills, being anxious to get back into completing/continuing collections and seeing prices soaring for just about everything, not just the 32x.

Bummer. I was hoping to get around to continuing my 32x collection but not at some of these prices. :(

I got Primal Rage CIB and passed on, what is now, a good deal on Pitfall thinking I'd just pick it up later. Really sucks sitting here trying to pay down bills, being anxious to get back into completing/continuing collections and seeing prices soaring for just about everything, not just the 32x.

You can go for the Dreamcast! It's still cheap. :lol:

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

After reading this thread I checked ebay to see some prices, and I admit I am pretty shocked at the price Pitfall is selling for. I had no idea this was becoming a rarity. I still don't think it is rare, but that people tend to think it is for some reason. A market anomaly it seems like. Other than that prices don't seem too outrageous for most of the games (CIB). Oh well, I'm pleasantly surprised about the Pitfall prices since I have a NM copy sitting on the shelf.

2013-02-02_16-55-34_782Small_zps9ae9672a.jpg

While the weather is tolerable i've been cleaning out stuff in the Garage. Was pleasantly surprised when I found more of my 32x games.

Now the question is.. do I have Pitfall? I honestly do not know. I think i do.. but i could be wrong. I know i still have about a few 32x games unaccounted for. For example I know I have at least 2 copies of NBA Jam floating around.. perhaps theres a Pitfall out there? These games were all equally cheap and worthless back in the day so it's not like I remember specifics real well.

Its kinda funny with these situations.. its like going through a flea market game store, but in your own garage. It's one time where not remembering things has been somewhat fun.