@ cRc_atari

What does this trainer do?

#102 OBO OFFLINE  

OBO

Moonsweeper

• 462 posts

Posted Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:32 AM

The trainer's once you start the game.
On the screen with the author's name it will ask you if you want to be able to open the door with only one key, or skip the level by pressing shift.

#103 Jacques OFFLINE  

Jacques

Moonsweeper

• 301 posts

Posted Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:19 AM

Oh, yes indeed, thank you very much. Case closed then, I will go through all the levels myself on real machine, but SHIFT is much friendlier level-skipper :)

Edited by Jacques, Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:19 AM.

#104 +Adam+ OFFLINE  

+Adam+

Moonsweeper

• 485 posts

Posted Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:43 PM

Ridiculous Reality has just been announced the "Best Homebrew for a retro computer" in the year 2012 by Retro Spirit Games site :)
http://retrospiritga...012-awards.html

The game is also on 10th place in general classification of all indie & retro games in 2012.

#105 adam242 OFFLINE  

adam242

Stargunner

• 1,009 posts

Posted Sun Jan 6, 2013 4:23 PM

I still can't get any level-skip codes (besides the first, SHIFT-OPTION) to work... Explain it one more time, for us dummies?

If I understand the second one (SHIFT START SELECT OPTION) correctly:
Hold down SHIFT. Press START. With START still held down, press SELECT. With START and SELECT still held down, press OPTION. Is this correct?

The next one (SHIFT START SELECT OPTION START SELECT) is the same as above, but continues:
...with SELECT and OPTION still down, release START. With OPTION still held down, release SELECT. Correct??

So I need to keep SHIFT held down during the whole process, and every time a function key is called for, I press and hold it (along with any others that are already down) or release it if it's already pressed?

LOVE the game, but the code system is maddening and needlessly complicated!

Edited by adam242, Sun Jan 6, 2013 4:24 PM.

#106 matosimi OFFLINE  

matosimi

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 354 posts

Posted Sun Jan 6, 2013 4:33 PM

I still can't get any level-skip codes (besides the first, SHIFT-OPTION) to work... Explain it one more time, for us dummies?

If I understand the second one (SHIFT START SELECT OPTION) correctly:
Hold down SHIFT. Press START. With START still held down, press SELECT. With START and SELECT still held down, press OPTION. Is this correct?

The next one (SHIFT START SELECT OPTION START SELECT) is the same as above, but continues:
...with SELECT and OPTION still down, release START. With OPTION still held down, release SELECT. Correct??

So I need to keep SHIFT held down during the whole process, and every time a function key is called for, I press and hold it (along with any others that are already down) or release it if it's already pressed?

LOVE the game, but the code system is maddening and needlessly complicated!

:) shift key has to remain pressed whole time. if you enter code correctly, game will jump to inter-level screen immediately (you don't need to release shift button).
Btw, i found out that my 2nd laptop (new one... HP 8470w) cannot handle 3 function keys at same time so it is impossible to enter RR codes on emulator on that specific machine... maybe you are struggling with same thing :).

#107 adam242 OFFLINE  

adam242

Stargunner

• 1,009 posts

Posted Sun Jan 6, 2013 4:57 PM

:) shift key has to remain pressed whole time. if you enter code correctly, game will jump to inter-level screen immediately (you don't need to release shift button).
Btw, i found out that my 2nd laptop (new one... HP 8470w) cannot handle 3 function keys at same time so it is impossible to enter RR codes on emulator on that specific machine... maybe you are struggling with same thing :).

Perhaps. I haven't tried them on my real machine, only emulation.
I haven't turned my 1200XL off in days.. been playing RR on and off and I'm up to the 12th screen. :)
I don't want to lose my place in case I can't get the codes to work.

EDIT: That IS the problem... a quick program to monitor the value of CONSOL reveals that my PC can't deal with three function keys simultaneously. Both Altirra and Atari800win fail. Thanks, I was pulling my hair out!

On an unrelated note, when and how do I pay for a copy of the SV edition of the cartridge? I sent a request and received a confirmation email, but no further information.

Edited by adam242, Sun Jan 6, 2013 5:10 PM.

#108 StaxX28 OFFLINE  

StaxX28

Chopper Commander

• 203 posts

Posted Mon Jan 7, 2013 2:19 AM

Hi :)

I really love this game... nice works ! :thumbsup:
I just sent a request for 1 cartridge version. I hope it's not too late...

#109 AtariMagic! OFFLINE  

AtariMagic!

Star Raider

• 92 posts

Posted Tue Jan 8, 2013 12:58 PM

beautiful game :thumbsup:

#110 analmux OFFLINE  

analmux

Stargunner

• 2,392 posts

Posted Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:09 PM

Interesting & addictive game!

I downloaded it from fandal's website, and did some playing. But around level 10 the font looks wrong, and after a while the program freezed. I used Atari800Win 4.0.

atari000.png

#111 +Adam+ OFFLINE  

+Adam+

Moonsweeper

• 485 posts

Posted Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:01 PM

Hi, the reason is most probably using a saved state in emulator. It doesn't work well with RR.

#112 analmux OFFLINE  

analmux

Stargunner

• 2,392 posts

Posted Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:04 PM

So, this problem won't happen when using altirra or a real A8?

#113 Rybags ONLINE  

Rybags

Gridrunner

• 16,084 posts

Posted Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:53 PM

I would suggest - load from a freshly restarted machine or emulator with Basic disabled.

Save state and resume to help get through it probably won't work using any emulator with "Load XEX".

The trick is to use a games loader or Dos.  Because the game progressively loads as you play it, save states don't work because the emulator doesn't retain the fact that it had a load in progress - but should be fine when providing your own loader so long as the disk image or file is mounted where it needs to be.

#114 analmux OFFLINE  

analmux

Stargunner

• 2,392 posts

Posted Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:11 PM

Thanks +Adam+ and Rybags

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: released, abbuc, 2012, software, game, matosimi

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users