IGNORED

5200 HSC Season 5 Round 17 Megamania

zylon

I'm trying to figure out which of those enemies I hate the most. Either Diamond Rings (I can't hit 'em) or Steam Irons, I'd say.

When the bullets start dropping fast (3rd "level" I think is when I notice it), it can get tricky to hit things. I use guided missiles so I endanger myself guiding the missing to line up with where the bombs are falling.

I'm trying to figure out which of those enemies I hate the most. Either Diamond Rings (I can't hit 'em) or Steam Irons, I'd say.

When the bullets start dropping fast (3rd "level" I think is when I notice it), it can get tricky to hit things. I use guided missiles so I endanger myself guiding the missing to line up with where the bombs are falling.

I have troubles with those things that drop down in 3 straight lines and move side to side.. Most of my life losses are in the early to middle rounds. once I am over 80k it seems to get easier for me. its faster and I can react rather than wait.

Rings and bow ties are snap for me.

Having scored 61k last season on this game I am very happy with this score ,which might be as far as I can get.

There is a lot to be said for NEVER turning off your console when you are hot as I have hit a brick wall playing :(

Some claim repetition makes perfect, I believe it also can lead to bad habits and mistakes in places that would otherwise never rear their head. I'm wiped out !!!

Cafeman that is one show stopping score !! :thumbsup: This may be one of those scores that never falls !

post-28653-0-13551000-1351439145_thumb.jpg

There is a lot to be said for NEVER turning off your console when you are hot as I have hit a brick wall playing :(

Some claim repetition makes perfect, I believe it also can lead to bad habits and mistakes in places that would otherwise never rear their head. I'm wiped out !!!

Yeah, I played a whole bunch of rounds kept getting just a few thousand under my previous score, then for a while I wasn't even breaking 100K. I found I was dying in stupid places. I started to feel wiped out, so I took a break and returned later on and had broken the bad habits and finally I did better than ever.

One of my bad habits was to instinctively dodge left as enemies were flying above me and I was trying to get back to the left side of the screen. I kept getting hit in the same way over and over. I found it better to just sit still at certain times, and the bullets would miss me. I started to say "BULLETS!" in the same way a brit would say "BOLLOCKS!"

Edited by Cafeman

Yeah, I played a whole bunch of rounds kept getting just a few thousand under my previous score, then for a while I wasn't even breaking 100K. I found I was dying in stupid places. I started to feel wiped out, so I took a break and returned later on and had broken the bad habits and finally I did better than ever.

One of my bad habits was to instinctively dodge left as enemies were flying above me and I was trying to get back to the left side of the screen. I kept getting hit in the same way over and over. I found it better to just sit still at certain times, and the bullets would miss me. I started to say "BULLETS!" in the same way a brit would say "BOLLOCKS!"

I am with you all the way, and I fell into the same trap.... I kept telling my wife all week that I needed a minimum of 85k to win this round... I may have over played my hand far to early posting, but figured as the scores kept going up and the lack of participation , why not post every score !!!! Once you put up your BIG score, and after nearly 40 hours of continual play , pulling my hair out , I had had enough... This is one of my all time fave 5200 games, to best my personal by 2.5 times was great, and rather than ruin it, and never want to play it again, I figure I now have another milestone to breach , live to play another day.

Cafeman, for lack of a better term, you have dick swinging my friend ,your score this round is beyond awesome & I am happy to see you win !! :)

Now that this round is all but over...I have to say that I prefer the 2600 version over this one for game play...the timings are different .

But for graphics I prefer this version. If there were any way to combine the two...ooohhh man would that be a hoot.

Now that this round is all but over...I have to say that I prefer the 2600 version over this one for game play...the timings are different .

But for graphics I prefer this version. If there were any way to combine the two...ooohhh man would that be a hoot.

I would agree that the 2600 version is maybe smoother, .. more fluid ?... Graphics on the 5200 far superior .

hey there are pos/negs on the Up ports.

Not a personal best, but I did crack 100ks... not bad.

I wasn't in the Mega-mood! It seemed tougher this time around... them Irons!!!

They aren't that difficult, but seem in a bad placement of the object rotation.

Them b-tard irons cost me huge this round !!! It's all good though and am happy to see the scores finally coming in for this port !!

Thanks to all who played and make sure you join us in round 18. Cafeman takes both the win and the HSC record. :thumbsup:

Current HSC record:

Megamania - (Straight Or Guided Missiles Your Choice) NEW: 197,300 Cafeman

Final scores:

197,300 Cafeman +1+11=12

172,260 peedenmark7 +1+10=11

155,350 sdamon +1+9=10

133,050 Liduario +8

103,000 JacobZu7zu7 +7

101,190 NIKON +6

99,620 jblenkle +5

89,070 zylon +4

70,940 atariron82 +3