IGNORED

Myide 2 for Atari 8 bit from Atarimax / mr Atari

fernando marrin

R16 are 16k-banked images for MyIDE-II

R16 is the extension for the ATARIMAX FAT32-loader to recognize the file-type.

I have converted now most XEGS-roms to R16 format. :)

Amazing. I love this cart too. Nice work Mr. Atari.

• Like 1

Update for MyIDE-I

Some people prefer the -RE MyBIOS to be used with MyIDE-II instead of the -R2.

Yeah, that should run fine too, except you loose the SRAMDISK linked to D8:

Functionality of ATARIMAX cartridges are supported, so you are able to access MyIDE-II content. :D

Anyhow, here you are.

Enjoy the update!

;)

Version #4(b)

-Fixed some issues with SIDE, made it compatible to run on systems with ATARIMAX cartridges inserted.

-Added an extra patch to make SIDE compatible with the MyBIOS running from OSRAM.

-Fixed the <mission impossible> boot-ability of external MyIDE with switchable cartridges.....

-Compiled 18-jan for -RI -RE -DI -DE

So, next are the flash-versions. icon_cool.gif

http://www.atarimax.com/flashcart/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7262#p7262

Question, New to the Atari 8bit world.

With this device you can play "backups" of the 400/800 carts kind of like a multicart. With that said what about disc images or tape images?

So with a stock 400 with 16k this device will play all the games up till they need more ram correct?

To my knowledge, MyIDE-II will not accept the signals from the 400/800 cartridge slot.

I have tested it on my PAL & NTSC 800 but it will not switch banks.

That was in proto-stage, I haven't tried the production model on a 800.

Steve told me the CLPD can't see the strobed signals with are way off compaired to XL/XE-hardware.

Shall I pop the question to Steve if this can be added or user flashed to support 400/800 or XL/XE?

I know the CLPD can be updated using the ATARIMAX programmer :)

Later!

Louis pointed out that since the MyIDE 2 is hot-swap enabled, it should be possible to install the SDX driver without a card inserted, so here's a version which will install when there's no card present:

myide2_test2.zip

The SIO vector watches for an inserted but locked card, and the card is unlocked and the partition table is immediately read from the drive if this is the case. It was necessary to move detection "up the chain" like this (from lower down in the HDD routines), since with no partition table present when the driver is first installed, the HDD routines are never called because there are no hard drive partitions defined.

Seems to work, anyway. Louis also suggested making a unified driver for MyIDE / MyIDE 2, but there since there appear to be no reliable signature bytes in the decoded area of MyIDE 2 (and since the requirement to load the driver with no media present with version 2), it's quite difficult to identify which version of the hardware we're dealing with. It's pretty easy with SIDE, since "SIDE" is... erm... encoded in the ROM. :)

Edited by flashjazzcat

Hi,

Mr Atari posted 24 converted XE Roms(32K-128K) on his web page. They work great on the MyIDE 2 Cart.

It is sweet to be able to play these large roms on an unmodified(no extra memory) Atari using the MyIDE 2.

You can press System Reset and the Atari responds in the same manner as if you had the original cart plugged in.

With the Xex & R16 Rom loaders, you can run virtually any program ever made for the Atari on an unmodified(No extra memory) XL-XE computer.

Here are the 24 roms.

R16.rar

I'm uploading 21 more roms for the MyIDE 2 that I've converted.

I have not fully tested them, but the title screen at least come up.

I failed at converting Hardball,Mario Brothers and Tower Topper.

Someone who is alot more knowledgeable than me (Mr. Atari) will have to convert those.

All 8K and 16K(Non-Banking) carts will work without any modifications.

21 more R16 Roms.rar

Let me know if the roms work or not.

I'm out of town for the next week, so I won't be able to post for awile.

Thanks,

Doug

• Like 2

Great Job, I will try them soon.

Saves me some time in converting ;)

I was not able to do some more conversions, since I'm very busy with the new release for MyIDE-I

Last XE-game I tried was Mario, have a lot of notes, but still not able to patch.

This game uses nifty tricks to switch banks.....

You are right, this MyIDE-II (beside the IDE-portion) is a mean little devil. :D

Good thing Steve did my request to support these R16-files -yeah-

You can do almost everything on a standard 64k ATARI.

If someone knows how to do it, I would be VERY interested in a conversion of:

* The Goonies

* World Championship Karate

* Johny's Trouble

I have file versions of these, but they all need 128KB, and it would be really cool if it would run on a 64K computer using the extra memory of the MyIDE cart.

I know number 1 and number 2 on my list do have an AtariMax Flash 1Mbit conversion... so I hope it would be possible to port them to the MyIDE ][ cart features too.

If someone knows how to do it, I would be VERY interested in a conversion of:

* The Goonies

* World Championship Karate

* Johny's Trouble

I have file versions of these, but they all need 128KB, and it would be really cool if it would run on a 64K computer using the extra memory of the MyIDE cart.

I know number 1 and number 2 on my list do have an AtariMax Flash 1Mbit conversion... so I hope it would be possible to port them to the MyIDE ][ cart features too.

hmm,

here are many versions of World Karate - ATR, CAS and XEX file versions:

http://www.atarionli...te_Championship

think the XEX versions 2, 3 and 4 should / could work on a 64k machine.

I am not sure if they are complete (or if some background pics are missing), e.g. the original tape version of Int. Karate did have 3 backgrounds on side a and another 3 backgrounds on side b (so one background was missing afaik). Maybe these XEX versions were created from the tape version...maybe not. Just test it !

-Andreas Koch.

Edited by CharlieChaplin

Hi,

Mr Atari posted 24 converted XE Roms(32K-128K) on his web page. They work great on the MyIDE 2 Cart.

It is sweet to be able to play these large roms on an unmodified(no extra memory) Atari using the MyIDE 2.

You can press System Reset and the Atari responds in the same manner as if you had the original cart plugged in.

With the Xex & R16 Rom loaders, you can run virtually any program ever made for the Atari on an unmodified(No extra memory) XL-XE computer.

Here are the 24 roms.

R16.rar

I'm uploading 21 more roms for the MyIDE 2 that I've converted.

I have not fully tested them, but the title screen at least come up.

I failed at converting Hardball,Mario Brothers and Tower Topper.

Someone who is alot more knowledgeable than me (Mr. Atari) will have to convert those.

All 8K and 16K(Non-Banking) carts will work without any modifications.

21 more R16 Roms.rar

Let me know if the roms work or not.

I'm out of town for the next week, so I won't be able to post for awile.

Thanks,

Doug

Very nice work! All of the ones I tried have worked perfectly (and I've tried quite a few).

I'm proud to finally release the latest MyBIOS.

:)

Thanks to all the testers, their input, remarks and requests.

:thumbsup:

http://www.atarimax.com/flashcart/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1318&p=7346#p7346

Update to MyBIOS 4.8.05 for MyIDE-I, internal kits and homebrew-MyIDE users.

Runs on any ATARIMAX cartridge and also drive MyIDE-II (you loose the D8:SRAMDISK).

(Next is to adapt the new routines to compile R2 and F2 for MyIDE-II users to fully support their hardware)

• Like 1

I'm proud to finally release the latest MyBIOS.

:)

Thanks to all the testers, their input, remarks and requests.

:thumbsup:

http://www.atarimax....18&p=7346#p7346

Update to MyBIOS 4.8.05 for MyIDE-I, internal kits and homebrew-MyIDE users.

Runs on any ATARIMAX cartridge and also drive MyIDE-II (you loose the D8:SRAMDISK).

(Next is to adapt the new routines to compile R2 and F2 for MyIDE-II users to fully support their hardware)

I was wondering if you could make a change to the SIDE loader for myIDE-I so it would skip these directories -

System Volume Information

$RECYCLE.BIN