AtariAge and homebrew author Darrell Spice, Jr. are proud to announce a label contest for the upcoming game Space Rocks! If you're a fan of the arcade games Asteroids or Asteroids Deluxe you'll love Space Rocks. While Atari released a version of Asteroids for the 2600, it pales in comparison to what Darrell Spice, Jr. has crafted in his version. Space Rocks is a 32K game that takes full advantage of our Melody Board resulting in a game that pushes the Atari 2600 hardware to its limits. The graphics, animations, and sound effects are well above what is typically experienced on the 2600.
Space Rocks Features:
- One or Two Players
- Head-to-Head or Cooperative Two Player Modes
- Vector or Solid graphic styles
- Mutlicolor rocks, or choose one of 16 monochrome color themes
- Four difficulty levels: Kids, Easy, Normal, and Hard
- Choose Shields, Hyperspace or 180 Degree Turn when you press Down on the controller
- Friction can be turned on or off
- Bonus life can be set to 5K, 10K, 20K or disabled
- Supports Gamepads and Joysticks
- Magna-Mines can be toggled on or off
The winner of the contest will receive a copy of Space Rocks in cartridge form, featuring their winning label design. The winner will also receive a $50 gift certificate in the AtariAge Store.
The contest will run until 11:59pm (CST), Sunday, November 11th, 2012 and all submissions must be received by this time!
After the contest has ended, AtariAge and Darrell Spice, Jr. will review the contest entries and select the winner.
Click Here to Enter Today!
Please feel free to ask any questions or make any comments in this thread. Good luck!