IGNORED

Space Rocks Label Contest

Albert

We've decided that, in addition to choosing a winning label design (which will appear on the cartridge, manual and box), we're going to announce three "Runner Up" awards as well. Each of the runner ups will receive a free copy of the game with their winning label. :)

..Al

Sweet! Thanks, guys!

Congrats to the winners! Now when do we get to spend some money and enjoy this sweet game (aside from early builds)?

I suspect December. I'm busy squashing a new bug that I believe is in the new vertical screen wrap logic. I've noticed that the large asteroids, when wrapped, will on rare occasions jump 20-30 pixels to the right for a frame, then jump back to its correct position. Once I post the "final build" we'll want to let people play test it for 2-3 weeks to make sure nothing else got messed up.

Wow, thanks! That's some great news to wake up to. These label contests are always fun to enter because all the hidden talent on this board comes out and this one was no exception. I don't think I've ever seen so many great entries in a label contest before. That kind of talent really fuels these competitions and provides incentive for all the artists to come up with great work. I love the variety of both concepts and art styles. One thing I personally noticed this time around was the great variety of typography/logos that people came up with to support their ideas. Some of my favorites were the radar and reflected action in visor approaches from André Bolfing, the painterly illustrations from Chris Soliz, Ken Netzel's labels that prominently featured the console, the many fun and cartoony offerings, and my personal favorite of Nathan's arcade cabinet. The type/logo treatments from Brian Ostrowski, Cisano Carmelo, Corey Kramer, Ivan Machado, Nathan Strum and Renato Brito were all outstanding too. Great job everyone and thanks again. I look forward to the next contest!

• Like 4

And the winning label is by Dave Dries:

post-3056-0-71861800-1352860975_thumb.jpg

Congrats, Dave !

It was (and already is...) my fav label, 'cause it has the colours, the graphic and the fonts (which I was goin' to use for my label, too, but after seeing your awesome work I changed them into StarWars fonts, "matching" the modified Falcon :)) of the original Asteroids' coin-op marquee (although I have always preferred its "brother" deluxe... :)).

Congratulations to the winner! exelent choice spiceware

this label has lot of action with great colors! an eye catcher!

my favs:

Adam Garrow

Submission #1

Nathan Strum

Submission #4

Renato Brito

Submission #2

many many good entrys in this contest as usual, it is a pleasure

to be part of this community :)

• Like 1