IGNORED

SALE PENDING: Atari 2600 Boxed Air Raid

Wonder007

Hello All,

Well, with the buzz of the current auction, I am leaning on going after the current auction, I have been bombarded with numerous requests for my copy of Air Raid with the cart inset, plastic holder and the box. I rather sell my boxed Air Raid privately on these forums as I am not a big fan in selling on auction sites...especially with shill billing and people not paying out on high profile auctions (i.e. $40,000 Nintendo Stadium Events, the $1,000,000 video game collection, etc). You guys have seen all of the pics of my version...it is still in the same condition as I bought it tucked away in a secret location in Southern California.

As I have told the people who have PM'ed me, please send me your offers and we will take it from there. If I do not receive an offer that I feel is not right, I will not sell my copy but still go after the current auction......don't mind having two boxed Air Raids (if it happens).... ;)

At any rate, I will give this a week and see what happens based on the PM's I receive/have received.

Thanks,

- Wonder007

• Like 2

Tie the sale of the original game to winning the new one?

..Al

Actually one of the offers is intriguing and I think that is how I am going to do it. I will sell my copy $10,000 below what I pay....if I win of course. If I do not win, then I will keep mine. The difference can be smaller based on the offers I receive but right now I have $10,000 as the difference. For example, if the auction ends at $18,000, with the current highest difference offer I have, the person would get my copy for $8000....not bad for a boxed Air Raid. I don't mind taking the loss if it ends lower than what I paid for mine originally.

What is this... "lose"...?! Does Jose know the meaning of the word? ;)

Hey, I have been beaten before you know... ;) I really want to upgrade my Air Raid (really just want the instructions) but another issue I have is that I have just been offered something even rarer than this auction (plus got property taxes coming up)......I am undecided on this one right now..... the offers for mine have been cool but man, this other item that I am being offered is off the charts....too many decisions to make.......

So basically you are saying the manual is worth $10,000 to you ;)

Yes.

• Like 3

So many "ifs" going around, aka "if I win the current auction, I'll sell mine for XX less...". And then there's that other boxed one currently for sale on eBay, plus the one that sold in 2010. You may want to go ahead and bid on the current Game Gavel auction, then decide whether you want to sell your current boxed Air Raid. If you commit to sell yours and then you don't win the auction, you'll be less one Air Raid than you have right now.

Assuming out of a theoretical production run of 25 Air-Raid carts, at least four are still boxed, one with the manual intact, and several loose carts floating about in private collections or whereabouts unknown. It still seems the chances that any more turn up in the wild are dire, but if any more carts surface, it will devalue the auction price. I definitely see the Air Raid production run as comparable in rarity/value to the Gold Nintendo World Championships carts.

Edited by stardust4ever

This is the side of collecting you don't see on TV and in the movies, the underground world of secret trading for rarity 11's that none of us will ever know about. It's an elite society of Millionaire collectors that trade boxed Birthdaymania's by the dozen while the rest of us scramble for a Polaris instruction manual. It's just another "game" to them but a dangerous world for us to go poking our noses around in, people die for these games and you have been warned....stick to Yars Revenge if you know whats good for you...bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

• Like 12

What happened? Did you decide to keep it in favor of the rarer item you were offered, or did you sell it and plan to win the CIB one?

Peace,

Chip

I am keeping it for now. I am going for the rarer item (can't mention it just yet).......man, when it rains, it pours. :)

• Like 1

This is the side of collecting you don't see on TV and in the movies, the underground world of secret trading for rarity 11's that none of us will ever know about. It's an elite society of Millionaire collectors that trade boxed Birthdaymania's by the dozen while the rest of us scramble for a Polaris instruction manual. It's just another "game" to them but a dangerous world for us to go poking our noses around in, people die for these games and you have been warned....stick to Yars Revenge if you know whats good for you...bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

it's the collecting Kumite.

Edited by raskar42
  • Like 2