IGNORED

5200 controller circuit bent

bradhig

When I was refurnishing my contollers the circuit under start, pause ,and reset got bent. Now only start works. I am wondering if the sensors are too far to the left or right and the buttons are not making contact. Jiggling the rubber buttons without the frame on them left and right sometimes gets the reset and pause to work. Do I need a new pcb insert for my controller or can it be fixed?

I use double sided tape on the left and right side and put the tape on the left side (beneath start ) first... and then under reset. Make sure to pull it tight to the right when taping it down ensuring that they are making contact. Also, do the tinfoil trick or buy the gold refurb to make sure its not a contact issue.

probably need a new one unless a penny can activate the buttons never allow the flex circuit to be folded it can be bent it has to be to be installed but never let it get creased

ive never been successful at repairing one ive tried soldering quickly little wires but they do not last they snap off

i used to offer free adheasive aluminum dots but sorry to say some people were too "unskilled" to use them so i stopped as no good deed goes unpunished

probably need a new one unless a penny can activate the buttons never allow the flex circuit to be folded it can be bent it has to be to be installed but never let it get creased

ive never been successful at repairing one ive tried soldering quickly little wires but they do not last they snap off

i used to offer free adheasive aluminum dots but sorry to say some people were too "unskilled" to use them so i stopped as no good deed goes unpunished

adheasive aluminum dots? How well do you think they will hold up, I use loctite super glue... can be messy. How could I find those to try out ?

I get mine from them, a good ebay seller. So far anyway.

The last order I received I put somewhere to keep them safe for when I need them and now I can't find them! :mad:

Thanks! Wasn't sure about the quality, but it sounds like they work for you. I'll have to order a pair.