IGNORED

BIT60 (Atari 2600) Complete Computer System on Gamegavel

fmh

After many years of owning this Gem I decided to auction it off. The complete story and lots of pictures are on the auction. But a quick description for those who don't know what this is. This is the only stand alone Atari 2600 Computer ever made. Yes a complete computer and not a plug in computer keyboard module. It is a full computer with an Atari 2600 cartridge port on top. Unit comes complete in the box with manuals, power supply, cassette recorder in the box.

http://www.gamegavel...item=0000690175

post-2350-0-78341300-1351783155_thumb.jpg

post-2350-0-55465600-1351783167_thumb.jpg

post-2350-0-82447900-1351783182_thumb.jpg

post-2350-0-31745700-1351817344_thumb.jpg

Edited by fmh
  • Like 1

I couldn't find anything that really told me what version of BASIC was on the machine.

I did find a Specification Page. The paper is so thin that you can read the back side of the paper.

If interested I can scan the Memory Map pages.

Has the Menu/BASIC ROM from this system ever been dumped? A homemade Bit60 would be a great homebrew computer project.

The BASIC is probably pretty limited. But still...an A/V-loaded, keyboard-equipped, 2600-compatible standalone computer system (or, if you prefer, a 2600 that can run a proper BASIC with a proper keyboard)? Who WOULDN'T want one? :-D

In the auction you noted that its RF is tuned to Channel 13 and how strange that was. Channel 13 was commonly used as the "game channel" in Taiwan and other Asian countries where systems like Bit Corp.'s were most likely to be found. Bit Corp.'s DINA system also used Channel 13; I imagine the Bit90 does as well.

• Like 1

Look, this is a cool item, but it's an auction, and it belongs in the auctions forum. Mods please move!

Yes you are correct my mistake I chose the wrong section on the forum. Can I actually move this thread? Can I delete it? I know I can start a new post there but wht do I do with this post? I don't see anything obvious here on how to do that.