IGNORED

The OFFICIAL AtariAge SECRET SANTA 2012 Thread™

the.golden.ax

I'm in a real dilemna (I prefer that spelling) with regards to this Secret Santa thing. On one hand, I hope my package arrives this weekend because I'm excited to see what I get, but on the other hand I have finals next week and I really hope I don't receive my package because I'll undoubtedly play with all the contents instead of studying.

Woe is me.

If you are still trying to figure out what to send as your SS gift, my 13 year old had a good idea. We have hundreds of doubles and she loves to wrap presents. If you PM me with who you drew and how much you want to spend, we'll find out what they already have and make a recommendation to you. If you agree, she'll wrap the games and we'll send them on your behalf. It couldn't be easier to be Santa, your person is guaranteed to get games they don't already have and I'm letting my daughter keep the money.

If you are still trying to figure out what to send as your SS gift, my 13 year old had a good idea. We have hundreds of doubles and she loves to wrap presents. If you PM me with who you drew and how much you want to spend, we'll find out what they already have and make a recommendation to you. If you agree, she'll wrap the games and we'll send them on your behalf. It couldn't be easier to be Santa, your person is guaranteed to get games they don't already have and I'm letting my daughter keep the money.

I would take you up on that for my office secret santa, but I don't think my recipient is a retro gaming mama in any way shape or form. :)

I've been thinking, for her, flavored coffee samples, but I have to make sure she's not one of the office tea drinkers.

Well, I actually got a PM from my Secret Santa last night, saying that it looked like my package had been in the post office since Tuesday. Of course, I never got a notice. :ponder:

I just got back from the post office and got the package. The woman said I would have gotten a second notice tommorow, so I would have picked it up then. Everthing on the box seems right. It's possible that using my online name as opposed to my real name caused a issue (as the notice had SoulBlazer on it) but I doubt it. I actually have a mailbox here where the notices are usually quite secure.

So, to Dr. kwack -- Thank you very much for the gift! I wasn't sure what to ask for this year, so I just put a bunch of things on my Amazon wish list that I'd like but couldn't bring myself to buy for myself. :) It's always a bit hard to know what to ask for when you're a gamer and not a collector. :)

I got:

1) Captain N: The Complete Series on DVD (the main gift)

2) Package of vintage Pac-Man cards and chewing gun

3) Package of Pac-Man Bandaids

4) A 1986 Chuck E Cheese token, in protective coin cardboard

5) A package of Space Invaders drink markers -- you put them on your drink, beer bottle, etc so they know what is yours! Very cool! :)

6) A big one pound package of Skittles! Yum! :-D

Many thanks again!

Also, it looks like my Secret Santa will be getting his package on Sat or Monday. However, he hasn't posted on here in a while, so I hope he's allright. :ponder:

Greg

Edited by SoulBlazer
  • Like 1

My Secret Santa sent me a humongous bag of Haribo Gummy Bears and an Amazon Gift Certificate which I used to buy a handheld OBD-II scanner for our cars. So no more trips to Autozone to get check engine lights diagnosed.

Thanks Secret Santa!

413n0QNWR7L._SL500_AA300_.jpg516TRDRWWKL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Edited by Trekker_1138
  • Like 3

I'm worried. My SS package was sent Monday IIRC and it isn't there yet. In fact the tracking doesn't look like it has moved more than an hour away. :( I wonder if it is snowing badly in New England.

No snow here in New England, Ax. The post office is also being a bit slow right now, and the tracking does not do a good job at ALL updating the status of the package. Mine still shows being in New Jersey two days ago. I'm sure by now it's further away. ;)

• Like 1

Ah, Secret Santa you have made my day!

post-30739-0-61936300-1354940382_thumb.jpg

Beldar the Conehead, GI Joe, Garbage Pail Kids, Star Wars playing cards, Now & Laters, Ring Pops, Dubble Bubble, a DVI cable and two mini USB cables

Thank you Secret Santa (Justin), I had so much fun opening the package and you got me exactly what I wanted. Love the gifts - thanks so much! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Like 2

I'm not sure if I'll make it to the 25th, but I'm delaying opening mine for now :)

Last year, my secret santa recipient knew who I was, but I don't think I figured out my SS (or at least I've forgotten it since).

This year I know my SS, and I know that he knows that I know...

Edited by labrat

I received my SS gifts and my jaw dropped when I saw what it was!

Star Wars Lego X-Wing! My kids and I will have a great time putting this together.

A mess of homebrew cartridges from the store. I got CIB Saboteur, Gingerbread Man, Incoming!, Chunkout 2600 and Bee-Ball! I can't wait to try them out.

An Atari-Age shirt that I am proudly wearing right now.

An Atari poster.

AtariAge magnets and pins.

Finally a ton of lifesavers and Reeses Pieces. My favorites!

Thank you so much Albert for the cool things! This is so incredibly generous of you. I'm doing to happy dance.

2012-12-11001.jpg

• Like 6