TI Gameshelf

87 replies to this topic

#76 Vorticon OFFLINE  

Vorticon

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,377 posts

Posted Sat Jun 9, 2018 6:33 AM

Hey guys I'm looking at moving away from Earthlink to a cheaper option. Given how minimalistic the TI Gameshelf site is, I don't think paying nearly $25 a month for hosting is necessary. There is a bewildering array of hosting options out there, and I was wondering if anyone here had a suggestion...

#77 Ksarul OFFLINE  

Ksarul

River Patroller

• 4,810 posts

Posted Sat Jun 9, 2018 7:19 AM

Check with Don O'Neil (Lizard Hill). He hosts several TI sites. . .and he's part of the community.

#78 Vorticon OFFLINE  

Vorticon

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,377 posts

Posted Sat Jun 9, 2018 7:34 AM

Check with Don O'Neil (Lizard Hill). He hosts several TI sites. . .and he's part of the community.

What's Lizard Hill? I would love to have a member of the community host the site.

#79 Lee Stewart OFFLINE  

Lee Stewart

River Patroller

• 3,792 posts

Posted Sat Jun 9, 2018 8:36 AM

What's Lizard Hill? I would love to have a member of the community host the site.

Hoster of the WHTech site.

...lee

#80 arcadeshopper OFFLINE  

arcadeshopper

River Patroller

• 3,813 posts

Posted Sat Jun 9, 2018 10:30 AM

Hey guys I'm looking at moving away from Earthlink to a cheaper option. Given how minimalistic the TI Gameshelf site is, I don't think paying nearly $25 a month for hosting is necessary. There is a bewildering array of hosting options out there, and I was wondering if anyone here had a suggestion...

Lizard Hill
www.lizardhill.com Don O'Neil is a long time ti community dude very responsive and responsible hosting provider

Greg
Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

#81 arcadeshopper OFFLINE  

arcadeshopper

River Patroller

• 3,813 posts

Posted Sat Jun 9, 2018 10:30 AM

And arcadeshopper.com

Hoster of the WHTech site.

...lee

#82 OLD CS1 OFFLINE  

OLD CS1

Technomancer

• 5,676 posts
  • Technology Samurai

Posted Sat Jun 9, 2018 10:33 AM

I can.

#83 arcadeshopper OFFLINE  

arcadeshopper

River Patroller

• 3,813 posts

Posted Sat Jun 9, 2018 10:33 AM

nice.. and if you still have issues I can't recommend Don's lizardhill.com hosting enough..   Great service cheap prices and no metering traffic just storage space and features 

Greg

As I said last year :)

#84 Vorticon OFFLINE  

Vorticon

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,377 posts

Posted Sat Jun 9, 2018 12:07 PM

Thanks guys. I set up an account with Lizard Hill. It looks like a professional outfit and I can't beat $0.99 a month for full service hosting! It will take a couple of days for the domain name to point to the new DNS servers. There might be a temporary disruption of the site during that phaseout.

Thank you for the offer OLD CS1. Appreciate it  :)

#85 OLD CS1 OFFLINE  

OLD CS1

Technomancer

• 5,676 posts
  • Technology Samurai

Posted Sat Jun 9, 2018 1:46 PM

No worries. Yeah, I am "old fashioned" as I have no control panels, it is all .conf files and pico (yes, pico, not vi.)

#86 adamantyr OFFLINE  

adamantyr

Stargunner

• 1,363 posts

Posted Sat Jun 9, 2018 11:37 PM

I use AWS. It's not too bad price wise. You could store the whole website in S3 and access it via Route53.

#87 Vorticon OFFLINE  

Vorticon

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,377 posts

Posted Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:23 AM

OK site transfer is complete :) That was pretty painless... Sorry about the blackouts last night. In retrospect I should have uploaded the site to the new hosting service before changing the domain DNS. I think OLD CS1 would have fired me on the spot  :D

#88 OLD CS1 OFFLINE  

OLD CS1

Technomancer

• 5,676 posts
  • Technology Samurai

Posted Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:07 AM

OK site transfer is complete :) That was pretty painless... Sorry about the blackouts last night. In retrospect I should have uploaded the site to the new hosting service before changing the domain DNS. I think OLD CS1 would have fired me on the spot  :D

Nah, that would fall under "NMP." :P

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users