IGNORED

Interest Check: Orphan Overlays For CV?

pboland

I realize that not many games on the Colecovision utilize keypad overlays since many of the game don't need the keypad for anything more than level selections. With that stated, I happen to like the Intellivision just as much as the Colecovision. For that reason I like overlays. :-D

After going through the manuals of many colecovision games, I found a few that use the keypad for at least one function other than level select (I do realize that many of the CV have a replay/back to options screen option with the keypad). Most of these titles have nothing more than a Pause feature, but I figured that is good enough for an overlay. Here's the list. If I missed one (or you just think a game needs an overlay), please add it to the list (currently I'm not look at homebrew titles):

- Beamrider

- Dukes of Hazzard

- Galaxian

- Heist

- Choplifter!

- Destructor

- Illusions

- Bump n Jump

- Congo Bongo

- Mr. Do

- Omega Race

- Pitfall

- Pitfall II

- RootBeer Tapper

- Sliter

- Star Trek

- Subroc

- Tarzan

- TimePilot

- Victory

I know people feel better about these kind of things if they can see examples. So, here are six I've come up with so far:

post-9874-0-68476600-1352150114_thumb.jpg

Pictured are: Dukes of Hazzard, Heist, Beamrider, Galaxian, Destructor, and Choplifter!

Let me know what you guys think.

• Like 9

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

It been a while since I started this topic, but I plan on making this collection happen this year. Don't really have a time line set up yet, but I should start working on it with in the next month. Also I just added a few more game to the list (thank you Pixelboy for the heads up). Here is the list as it stands today. If you can think of other games that could use an overlay that's not in the list just post it.

- Beamrider

- Dukes of Hazzard

- Galaxian

- Heist

- Choplifter!

- Destructor

- Illusions

- Bump n Jump

- Congo Bongo

- Mr. Do

- Omega Race

- Pitfall

- Pitfall II

- RootBeer Tapper

- Sliter

- Star Trek

- Subroc

- Tarzan

- TimePilot

- Victory

- Dance Fantasy

- Gust Buster

- Motocross

The ones in bold, are the ones I have finished.