- Aquattack

- Astro Invader

- Boulder Dash

- CV Drum

- Gateway to Apshai

- Miner 2049er

- Quest for Quintana Roo

- Spectar

Already available: ColecoVision Overlays Available (Reproduction)

Just PM me. The shipping cost went up a little. It now $6.00 (US) & $9.00 (International) shipping.

It been a while since I started this topic, but I plan on making this collection happen this year. Don't really have a time line set up yet, but I should start working on it with in the next month. Also I just added a few more game to the list (thank you Pixelboy for the heads up). Here is the list as it stands today. If you can think of other games that could use an overlay that's not in the list just post it.

- Beamrider

- Dukes of Hazzard

- Galaxian

- Heist

- Choplifter!

- Destructor

- Illusions

- Bump n Jump

- Congo Bongo

- Mr. Do

- Omega Race

- Pitfall

- Pitfall II

- RootBeer Tapper

- Sliter

- Star Trek

- Subroc

- Tarzan

- TimePilot

- Victory

- Dance Fantasy

- Gust Buster

- Motocross

The ones in bold, are the ones I have finished.

I'd like to report that I found another CV game today that could use an overlay: Linking Logic by Fisher Price. :)

I ordered this cool CD-ROM that has overlays from all systems that I can print onto transparencies. I find the original overlays if I am lucky enough to have with games are a real treat and real desirable, I love overlays! Too bad so many CV games found in the wild don't have them included :_( :thumbsdown:

If you don't mind sharing your source.. Where can I buy that at? I'd be interested in the cd-rom, I pretty much got all the tools to make my own overlays now, except for transparency sheets. Just need to make a trip to staples or office max.. And some extra money. Lol ;-)

I ordered this cool CD-ROM that has overlays from all systems that I can print onto transparencies. I find the original overlays if I am lucky enough to have with games are a real treat and real desirable, I love overlays! Too bad so many CV games found in the wild don't have them included :_( :thumbsdown:

If you don't mind sharing your source.. Where can I buy that at? I'd be interested in the cd-rom, I pretty much got all the tools to make my own overlays now, except for transparency sheets. Just need to make a trip to staples or office max.. And some extra money. Lol ;-)

I got 2 CD'S off eBay 5 + years ago. I'm not sure if those sellers still sell them or are even still selling at eBay. One CD I got from www.ElectricQuarter.com, the other by www.TheNerb.com. They saved me tons of time hunting them down myself. The Roms have everything for all classic systems, Sound/Music files, like " Pac-Man Fever " song from the 80's, instruction manuals, console manual scans, game instruction manual scans, and tons more goodies

Good. I should really try Dance Fantasy, Gust Buster, Motocross Racer and Linking Logic again to document what each keypad key does. I'll do that tomorrow morning and I'll post my finding in this thread. :)

Wow, how time flies! I almost forgot about this. Anyway, here are my findings:

- Dance Fantasy: (1) = "START", (2) = "SELECT DANCERS", (3) = "CLEAR", (*) and (#) = "GO HERE".

- Gust Buster : (1),(2),(3),(4) are used to select the skill level, then (1) = top left (red) balloon, (3) = top right (yellow) balloon, (7) = bottom left (blue) balloon, (9) = bottom right (green) balloon.

- Learning with Leeper: In all 4 activities, (#) = "EXIT" (lets you exit the current activity at any time and return to the activity selection screen). Also, within the fill-painting activity, (*) = "RESET PICTURE", and (3) = "CHANGE PICTURE" (The (3) key is not even mentioned in the game's manual!)

- Linking Logic: (#) toggles between the boy and the girl on each side of the screen. The other keypad keys are not used, so I'm not sure it's worth doing an overlay for this one.

- Motocross Racer: (1) = "GEAR 1", (2) = "GEAR 2", (3) = "GEAR 3". At the game over display, press any keypad key to return to the skill selection screen.

None of the above games have a pause feature, by the way.

Wow, how time flies! I almost forgot about this. Anyway, here are my findings:

- Dance Fantasy: (1) = "START", (2) = "SELECT DANCERS", (3) = "CLEAR", (*) and (#) = "GO HERE".

- Gust Buster : (1),(2),(3),(4) are used to select the skill level, then (1) = top left (red) balloon, (3) = top right (yellow) balloon, (7) = bottom left (blue) balloon, (9) = bottom right (green) balloon.

- Learning with Leeper: In all 4 activities, (#) = "EXIT" (lets you exit the current activity at any time and return to the activity selection screen). Also, within the fill-painting activity, (*) = "RESET PICTURE", and (3) = "CHANGE PICTURE" (The (3) key is not even mentioned in the game's manual!)

- Linking Logic: (#) toggles between the boy and the girl on each side of the screen. The other keypad keys are not used, so I'm not sure it's worth doing an overlay for this one.

- Motocross Racer: (1) = "GEAR 1", (2) = "GEAR 2", (3) = "GEAR 3". At the game over display, press any keypad key to return to the skill selection screen.

None of the above games have a pause feature, by the way.

Awesome! Thanks for the mapping info.

So far I've gotten "Bump 'N' Jump" and "Cogo Bongo" overlays finished. I don't have any of these games, so all functions are being based of the manuals.

post-9874-0-30508700-1391705363_thumb.jpg

I just realized I have an "S" on "option" on one overlay and not the other. :roll:

Edited by pboland

So far I've gotten "Bump 'N' Jump" and "Cogo Bongo" overlays finished. I don't have any of these games, so all functions are being based of the manuals.

attachicon.gifnewOverlays.jpg

Hmm... The numbers are practically invisible on the Congo Bongo overlay. Have you considered turning up the brightness to a high setting on the background image, in order to make it pale enough to help the black numbers stand out?

Hmm... The numbers are practically invisible on the Congo Bongo overlay. Have you considered turning up the brightness to a high setting on the background image, in order to make it pale enough to help the black numbers stand out?

I could do that. I could also make the numbers white with shadow (or black outline). Since that works on the Bump N Jump overlay. I'll have to play around with it a little more. Thanks for the feed back.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Just bumping this old thread to ask PBoland if any other Orphan/Brand New Creation overlays were in the works?

I'm still working on them. I don't think there are many left to do. Pixelboy actually designed many of the missing ones (I think he got sick of waiting on me and I don't blame him). He's done:
- Gust Buster
- Motocross Racer
- Learning Leeper
- Blockade Runner
- Dance Fantasy.
post-9874-0-59562600-1464474570_thumb.jpg
I've so far have only done:
- Defender
post-9874-0-44217100-1464474585_thumb.jpg
I'm still hoping to get around to maybe:
- Omega Race
- Pitfall
- Pitfall II
- RootBeer Tapper
- Sliter
- Star Trek
- Subroc
- Tarzan
- TimePilot
- Victory
I believe those are the only ones left that have some kind of keypad function.
Edited by pboland
  • Like 1