Photo

Found the best game recording software for Stella users ever!

10 replies to this topic

#1 Random Terrain OFFLINE  

Random Terrain

Visual batari Basic User

• 29,018 posts
  • Controlled Randomness
    Replay Value
    Nonlinear

Posted Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:20 AM

I've been looking for something better and easier to use than CamStudio and Fraps for years and I finally found it. I spent a couple of hours searching again last night and I saw it mentioned in the comments on the page below:

5 Free Alternatives to Fraps (scroll down to April 9, 2012 and May 8, 2012 if you want to see what I'm talking about)

Want to know the name of this amazing program for Windows PC owners (that seems to flawlessly record video and sound)? Not so fast, pal. I need some compensation for my hard work at the Google grindstone. Just send 5 dollars to . . . just kidding. Here it is:

Spoiler

Bandicam is the best screen/game recording software I have ever tried (I don't have a Mac and I don't use Linux). It really does seem to have less lag (as they claim on their main page). When I start recording with other programs, there is a noticeable, jarring slow down, but not with Bandicam.

The program makes it very clear what you are going to record. There is no irritating flashing rectangle around the area you're recording and you can easily disable the FPS overlay (under the FPS Tab), so you can record a game you're playing without any irritating distractions.

Unlike some other programs, you won't have to spend time just trying to find the record button. There are no mysteries or weird, complicated problems. It just works.

Here is a quick clip I just captured using Bandicam:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=q22Fb6fm1NI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q22Fb6fm1NI

#2 Schizophretard OFFLINE  

Schizophretard

Quadrunner

• 5,038 posts

Posted Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:33 AM

That looks better than your other Lock 'N' Chase video.

#3 Random Terrain OFFLINE  

Random Terrain

Visual batari Basic User

• Topic Starter
  • 29,018 posts
  • Controlled Randomness
    Replay Value
    Nonlinear

Posted Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:34 AM

That looks better than your other Lock 'N' Chase video.

Yep, looks like this is the thing we've been waiting for. Making Stella game videos should be a lot more fun now.

#4 Jinks OFFLINE  

Jinks

River Patroller

• 4,705 posts

Posted Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:17 AM

I never knew you could do that. thought that was a points thing to get but never locked any one up...

#5 Nathan Strum ONLINE  

Nathan Strum

Quadrunner

• 8,434 posts
  • Enjoying a sandwich

Posted Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:30 PM

I use Snapz Pro X (Mac) for capturing videos from Stella. Most of the AtariAge YouTube videos were done that way.

#6 Thomas Jentzsch OFFLINE  

Thomas Jentzsch

Thrust, Jammed, SWOOPS!, Boulder Dash, THREE·S, Star Castle

• 24,078 posts
  • Always left from right here!

Posted Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:17 PM

Great! Now I can make some recording of my own games.

What Video settings should I use?

#7 Random Terrain OFFLINE  

Random Terrain

Visual batari Basic User

• Topic Starter
  • 29,018 posts
  • Controlled Randomness
    Replay Value
    Nonlinear

Posted Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:17 PM

Great! Now I can make some recording of my own games.

What Video settings should I use?

If you are talking to me, not Nathan Strum, and you are using a Windows PC, it might work great without changing any settings (but you might want to uncheck Overlay FPS under the FPS Tab).

#8 Godzilla OFFLINE  

Godzilla

Quadrunner

• 6,794 posts

Posted Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:33 PM

Great info thanks for sharing!

#9 neotokeo2001 OFFLINE  

neotokeo2001

River Patroller

• 3,869 posts

Posted Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:46 PM

Thanks for sharing. Works great!

#10 oky2000 OFFLINE  

oky2000

Stargunner

• 1,947 posts

Posted Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:10 PM

Camtasia always worked fine, only get lag on multi-screen extra large captures from MAME otherwise stuff like 320x200 is a piece of piss. My only problem with Camtasia is the issue of recording sound but this comes down to the drivers for your computer NOT Camtasia so unless this thing doesn't need to use drivers from the OS or is supplied with a billion driver files I'm good to go as it is myself :)

#11 Random Terrain OFFLINE  

Random Terrain

Visual batari Basic User

• Topic Starter
  • 29,018 posts
  • Controlled Randomness
    Replay Value
    Nonlinear

Posted Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:02 AM

Camtasia always worked fine, only get lag on multi-screen extra large captures from MAME otherwise stuff like 320x200 is a piece of piss. My only problem with Camtasia is the issue of recording sound but this comes down to the drivers for your computer NOT Camtasia so unless this thing doesn't need to use drivers from the OS or is supplied with a billion driver files I'm good to go as it is myself :)

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your post, but it seems like you are confusing CamStudio (freeware) with Camtasia (30 day free trial).

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users