IGNORED

Nano PEB and CF7

yell0w_lantern

Not so much "successor" - one has a parallel port, the other a serial port. Other than that they're pretty much the same.

The serial port version is the most popular and they're still being made in batches of 5 or so and sold on ebay. The chap who sells them has the ebay account "schmutzig1952" - you can contact him via ebay and enquire when the next batch is available.

Stuart.

Does anyone have experience using the serial port on the NanoPeb? I notice it's DB-9, so I am wondering how it is pinned, and if it is the 100% equivalent to a Texas Instruments RS232/PIO card. Can I simply use a DB-9 to DB-25 adapter connected to an appropriately wired cable connected to a modem, printer or whatever?

Does anyone have experience using the serial port on the NanoPeb? I notice it's DB-9, so I am wondering how it is pinned, and if it is the 100% equivalent to a Texas Instruments RS232/PIO card. Can I simply use a DB-9 to DB-25 adapter connected to an appropriately wired cable connected to a modem, printer or whatever?

You can check the manual here for many of your questions. Here is some of what the manual states:

"The DB9 pins are in standard DTE (data terminal equipment) configuration. "

"The RS-232 port is standard EIA. It is nearly identical to TI’s original RS-2323 port."

'Its DSR name is “SIO”. “RS232” and “RS232/1” are also supported for backward compatibility.'

There is no PIO on the NanoPEB, so that functionality certainly is not there.

...lee

You can check the manual here for many of your questions. Here is some of what the manual states:

"The DB9 pins are in standard DTE (data terminal equipment) configuration. "

"The RS-232 port is standard EIA. It is nearly identical to TI’s original RS-2323 port."

'Its DSR name is “SIO”. “RS232” and “RS232/1” are also supported for backward compatibility.'

There is no PIO on the NanoPEB, so that functionality certainly is not there.

...lee

Thanks for the manual Lee, it did answer my questions.

Okay. I have it. Looks like an inconvenient little beastie for transferring files. Any tips for using that DOS program?

No need to use DOS. Just download Fred Kaal's TI99Dir program which incorporates full support for the CF7/nanoPEB. Here's the link to Fred's site: http://members.ziggo...kaal/index.html

Edited by Vorticon

No need to use DOS. Just download Fred Kaal's TI99Dir program which incorporates full support for the CF7/nanoPEB. Here's the link to Fred's site: http://members.ziggo...kaal/index.html

Thanks!

Is CF2K any good? Looks like there is no load file in there so do I need EA? I heard I can use YLOAD but I don't know how to make it work.

Ooohhh! Oooohhh! Please say you'll be able to get some time to work on that code again soon, Tursi! :) :) :)

If not, I do still have a few of the boards left that were designed for the original code--so we'd just have to put the EA into one of the standard GROM spaces.

I /will/ get the mega AVR code I promised up... my current excuse is that I just moved to Burbank to start work for Disney, so I need to see what my new free time looks like after I finish unpacking, but the devkit is stored where I know where it is. ;)

But for making an E/A cart, the code on my webpage today will do that, and in fact I demonstrated such a cart in Chicago (my "E/A Complete" some three years ago :) ). Just have to program the chip and wire it onto a PCB.

Sounds like they aren't rare, and $50 is probably fair for complete E/A packages, though I'd guess most people just want the cart. :)

I /will/ get the mega AVR code I promised up... my current excuse is that I just moved to Burbank to start work for Disney, so I need to see what my new free time looks like after I finish unpacking, but the devkit is stored where I know where it is. ;)

Keep up the peer pressure, folks :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

GROMS 3 - 7 (>6000 - >FFFE) + 2 ROM BANKS AT CART SPACE (>6000 - >7FFF * 2=16k)

BASICALY SAME AS A XB CART BUT ALSO INCLUDES EA IN GROM 7

So how would one go about creating that cart from a manufacture standpoint? It would be a valuable group purchase project given the capabilities of RXB.

Jon's cartridge will be able to run RXB when I get my part done. Alternately one of the existing 16k carts with an AVR grom slapped down on top will also fit the bill. :) Agreed that an RXB run would be nice! If someone wants to layout and manufacture the custom cart, I don't mind providing a dedicated AVR/GROM for it, since that much code already works (it's really only the ability to program the chip in the console that I haven't got to.)

• Like 1