IGNORED

Netusbee

lotharek

Slightly OT: but do those USB floppy drives actually work with FloImg?

I was wondering too. When I installed floimg I remember it stating that it would not work with usb external drives. In fact here is a quote from the download page http://8bitchip.info/atari/floimgd.php

Purpose of this program is making image files of floppies - for usage with emulators on PC, data preservation.Then, file transfers & writing image files onto floppies... It works under Windows XP, Win2K, Vista, Win 7. For instance it can fast make images of 800KB, 1600KB floppies. Uses Simon Owen 's fdrawcmd - low level floppy driver, which overrides limitations of standard Windows floppy drivers.

So, first thing is that you install fdrawcmd on your Windows. It is for built-in floppy drives, not for USB externals. Then download Floppy Image and may start it:

So I am anxious to hear if it works for TXG. It would nice to be able to use a usb drive.

I was wondering too. When I installed floimg I remember it stating that it would not work with usb external drives. In fact here is a quote from the download page http://8bitchip.info/atari/floimgd.php

So I am anxious to hear if it works for TXG. It would nice to be able to use a usb drive.

Me too. I lost the floppy drive when I upgraded the PC a year ago and kind of regret not searching for a motherboard with a floppy connector (although I'm not even sure if any exist now). I got hold of a cheap, ancient laptop with a removable floppy drive, but I haven't tried FloImg with that yet. A USB drive for the PC would be great, but I'm doubtful for the reasons cited in your link.

Hi,

Floimg seems not to work according to the website It is for built-in floppy drives, not for USB externals.

But there could be hope, because I will try to use a virtual machine in vmware workstation and XP and map the floppy there to the USB drive. The virtual machine would emulate a normal diskdrive (controller) :) this would sometimes work,...

Now need to wait for the usb floppy is delivered at my address...

Managed to find the time to have a play with my NetUSBee last night, took a little bit of faffing with Sting, tried to just use the control panel tools before realising I needed to edit the routes table and the config file.

For those struggling to find the info, what worked for me was having the routes table like this (should be tabs between the columns).

<Atari IP> 255.255.255.0 EtherNet 0.0.0.0

0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 EtherNet <Router IP>

And then editing the config file (I forget the name, default.cfg maybe?) to add a name server IP address to the NAMESERVER line, I just used Google's which is 8.8.8.8

WP_20131106_006.png

• Like 1

You'll probably need the STing software package for connectiviy.

Then there is:

Newsie - newsgroups and e-mail

CAB - web browsing (limited)

telnet (several comms programs work fine here)

mymail - e-mail

and many more.

Here are a few links just to get you started. You can also go to AtariAge

or Atari Forum and type in "sting" in the search fields and bring up many

message threads.

Hope this gets you started.

http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/Services/PDA/AtariSTComm.shtml

http://www.atari.org/hosted/quickfaq/stfaq_4.htm

https://sites.google.com/site/stessential/communications

https://sites.google.com/site/probehouse/networking-the-atari/ethernet-setup-with-ethernec

• 1 month later...

I got my NetUSBee that I first installed on the TT and then on the Falcon CT060. Works great.

I replaced the NetUSBee with a Dynaport SCSI on the TT, good item too.

Here are my settings on both machines (Sting + TOS + CAB + Litch + Troll) :

(français) http://gtello.pagesperso-orange.fr/atari_ether_f.htm

(english) http://gtello.pagesperso-orange.fr/atari_ether_e.htm

Guillaume.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I'm new to the Falcon's scene like three weeks new and all I can say is awesome, dudes are still making hardware for 20 year old tech, superb, you guys really blow my mind,

I WANT ONE

Can you any of you guys tell me if it's worth trying to track down a CT63, like does it speed up any 3d polygon games? And is there any other new ported games that can use all that mega power, not talking about doom or Duke ports, I know about them.

I always wanted a Falcon but there was never any for sale every time I checked now there's loads of them on ebay and now I read all this great addons, awesome.

Can anyone point me to sites to download stuff and what not?,

Thanks guys, I'm going to sign up and support every Atari forum I can find, want to do my bit to keep this great institutions alive, STE was my first 16bit computer and just couldn't stop playing, 2600 was my first console, that game phenoix was just the best.

Ok Laters guys

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

New to this board but not to Atari (happy ST owner since 87)! I contacted Lotherek to see if any are still available for my MegaST4 but I have a chicken egg problem for which I haven't seen the answer on these boards yet. Apologies if I missed it, but I do see where you can download the drivers for the hardware, but without network or internet, how do I get them on my Atari? It can only read DS/DD disks - which I can't seem to recognize on my Mac using its USB floppy.

How do you get the drivers on the Atari?

Thanks and Happy New Year!!!!

Edited by lyford

• 2 weeks later...

:) *bump* :)

Do you need to install drivers BEFORE you can use the Netusbee cartridge?

If so, how can you get them on to the Atari? I don't have a modem or any other way to get files on to my Mega4ST…. and I can't make DS/DD disks on any of my internet computers.

I just want to make sure I can do this before I buy it - thanks!

:) *bump* :)

Do you need to install drivers BEFORE you can use the Netusbee cartridge?

If so, how can you get them on to the Atari? I don't have a modem or any other way to get files on to my Mega4ST…. and I can't make DS/DD disks on any of my internet computers.

I just want to make sure I can do this before I buy it - thanks!

Yes, you have to have drivers to use the ethernet. There are drivers for STing, MintNet and MagicNet. You first have to decide which stack you want to use as they are mutually exclusive.

Getting the drivers on the system isn't easy at first if you don't have a floppy that can read/write.

Do you have a CD-Rom drive for your Mega? If so, you could burn the drivers on a disc and load it that way.

Also you might be able to setup a null modem cable between the Atari and another computer if you have terminal software in your Atari collection.

Further, you can buy something such as UltraSatan or CosmosEX and load the drivers via modern media like SD cards, but obviously that is an expensive route to take and they need drivers themselves.

If nothing else works, someone here can send you some floppies in the mail with the drivers I am sure.

Edited by TheNameOfTheGame