IGNORED

Atari users in central Florida

AtariFan1

• 3 weeks later...

This seems like a decent amount of people to get together and play some games. Maybe we can meet once a month or so and any gaming system will do. I have a lot going on this month with holidays and all... but next month I am pretty clear. If you guys are in then we can start at my place and arrange a date.

Yeah, I still have that competition cart. Actually just dug it out of the garage the other day.

So I live in Winter Haven (home of Legoland Florida!) which is about an hour from Orlando. If you guys set something up I'll see about coming. I've got a couple of Atari things that might be interesting. ;-)

Been there a couple of times, my son loves lego land. I live in clermont, you could come up from i4 to 27 N from your place. This will be fun... I will post something up for January. Is there a way to send notifications from atari age? If not, can you all send me your emails to my main email: daves32000@gmail.com and I will send something out. We can also create a group on facebook that has notifications for events.

• 2 months later...

I live in Zephyrhills Florida and i'm an avid collector of the retro persuasion.

Im not too far from you. I live in Lutz, Florida. Right off SR54

Im in. My house is right near I-75....so its really nothing to hop on and drive to wherever for a meet up.

Edited by Taskmaster99

He's definitely one of the more interesting Marvel characters in his abilities. Back on topic, though, would also love to hear from other AA members in Florida discern places they get their games (especially the retro) from.

I am mainly an online shopper for my games. The Goat Store, Stone Age, JJ games, Atari 2600.com and here. As far as brick and mortar stores??? All I have around me is a bunch of Gamestops and the people that work there know jack and crap about anything other than the current gen. Used to frequent a Play N Trade when my buddy was the manager...but he has since left and now you have the same story. A bunch of idiots who have never heard of Turbo Grafx or Neo Geo.

That's the problem when you have a store run by people that know games in an honest-to-God manner, and know what the collectors like. For example: the local place in Waterford Lakes Shopping Center here called "Gamers Inc" has a Sony PS One with LCD for $80, and a near-pristine first model SNES for almost as much. Even discussing Hagane for the SNES with the main dude there realized what he'd be looking at market-wise for price to sell if the store came across a copy (easily over $300 online).

I guess it depends on the people.