IGNORED

Carol vs. The WORLD! Championship

cparsley

Left Turn Only Productions and the Intellivision® High Score Club

invite you to a very special edition of the High Score Championship.

Presenting...

Carol vs. The WORLD!

(Carol's Super-Duper Christmas Championship Extravaganza)

Play the game Christmas Carol vs. The Ghost Of Christmas Presents and help Carol Greenleaf save Christmas from the Evil Snowman. Rise to the top of the ranks of Santa's Elite Elf Squad and submit your top score to the judges. The person with the highest score received by the deadline of December 31st, 2012, wins a very special gift from Santa Claus himself!

A Very Special Christmas Present

The winner of the Championship will receive a custom, one-of-a-kind edition of the game. This is not your typical, run-of-the-mill variant—this is a unique, personalized edition, chosen and designed by the winner himself!

post-27318-0-56900900-1353279227_thumb.png

post-27318-0-60052900-1353279226_thumb.pngpost-27318-0-04384400-1353279227_thumb.png

Want a personalized title animation sequence?

How about a new level maze? Or perhaps a brunette Carol or a pink Snowman?

You choose how you want to refashion the game for your very own special edition!

The personalized game will be housed in Left Turn Only's signature clear cartridge shell, packaged with its manual and hand-controller overlays in a "gate-fold" style box; and finished up with beautiful Christmas gift-wrapping paper, bow and all. A very special Christmas present, indeed!

Anything else?

Yes! Santa will award a commemorative patch to the top ten ranking players, in recognition of their high status among Santa's Elite Elf Squad.

post-27318-0-89923600-1353279213.png

Plus, all scores submitted will be published on the Carol vs. Ghost web site as well as here on the Intellivision® High Score Club forum, so even if you're not in the highest rank, you still get to brag about your score.

Is that all?

Not quite. As if all that were not enough, Santa is feeling exceptionally generous this year and he has decided to give away the game to everyone! That's right, in keeping true to the Christmas spirit, and as a gesture of good will, we are offering the game in ROM format as a free download.

This is not a demo version, nor some watered-down edition of the game—this is every bit the same game included in the production cartridge for sale. How's that for a Very Merry Christmas?

Joy to the World. Peace on Earth.

And ROM's for all Mankind.

So head on now to the official Carol vs. The World! web site to get your game ROM and for more information about the championship:

Spread the joy. Spread the word.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

Edited by DZ-Jay
  • Like 3

What do you mean it doesn't download correctly? I'm re-uploading it, just in case.

On my mac in safari I clink on the DL link for ROM edition for mac it ends up dumping data to the browser window instead of DL. If I right click on the link and select DL linked file as I am able to DL the the file, I then have to rename it to remove the .htm extension and then it works. I think it may be misnamed.

On my mac in safari I clink on the DL link for ROM edition for mac it ends up dumping data to the browser window instead of DL. If I right click on the link and select DL linked file as I am able to DL the the file, I then have to rename it to remove the .htm extension and then it works. I think it may be misnamed.

Fixed. Thank's for the heads up.

Reload the page, and the link should be a ZIP file now. Just unzip it, then double-click the DMG normally. :)

Right now I'm leading the 2600 and 7800 HSC. I'm also playing in the 5200, Colecovision and Intellivision.

What's the best thing to do?

Go with full power to the Intellivision!!!

I must win.

By the way, do you know how long an Intellivision II can work? Is it secure to play more than 10 hours a day? Just asking...

• Like 1

Right now I'm leading the 2600 and 7800 HSC. I'm also playing in the 5200, Colecovision and Intellivision.

What's the best thing to do?

Go with full power to the Intellivision!!!

I must win.

Yeah! Intellivision Power! Christmas Carol Power!

• Like 1

What do you mean it doesn't download correctly? I'm re-uploading it, just in case.

Maybe a MIME-type problem? Do you need to configure the MIME type for ".dmg" so it doesn't display as text?

EDIT: Can you configure this using a .htaccess file? Something like:

AddType application/x-apple-diskimage .dmg

Edited by intvnut

By the way, do you know how long an Intellivision II can work? Is it secure to play more than 10 hours a day? Just asking...

It should be. The weirdest thing I've seen happen with an Intellivision I left running a self test for 30 hours was that all the colors shifted. After I let it cool down, the colors went back to normal. The Intellivision II has a somewhat cleaned-up design relative to the Intellivision I and should be fine after 10 hours if it's otherwise in decent shape.

It should be. The weirdest thing I've seen happen with an Intellivision I left running a self test for 30 hours was that all the colors shifted. After I let it cool down, the colors went back to normal. The Intellivision II has a somewhat cleaned-up design relative to the Intellivision I and should be fine after 10 hours if it's otherwise in decent shape.

i left one on for 3 days. Shoulda installed an led. That thing was hot as hell but was still running fine and never had a problem after that.

Maybe a MIME-type problem? Do you need to configure the MIME type for ".dmg" so it doesn't display as text?

EDIT: Can you configure this using a .htaccess file? Something like:

AddType application/x-apple-diskimage .dmg

Yes, it's a mime-type problem. Unfortunately, I do not have access to configure it, so I have to contact the hosting service. In the meantime, I've wrapped it in a ZIP archive.

-dZ.

P.S. It's actually quite stupid because the RFC says that the default, when unknown, is to treat it as "binary/octet-stream."