They may start as general helpful hints, but will become more specific as we count down the days. Feel free to post your own helpful tips on this thread.
Heed these tips, for the fate of Christmas may depend on it.
The championship is...
Tips & Tricks:
- The Frost Fairy will take pity of those in need: If you lose two lives on the same cave, or are on your very last one, she will provide an extra Snowflake if none are left.
- Observe the effects of a Magical Snowflake: The Snowman switches directions, and targets the Ghost momentarily. Use this knowledge to your advantage.
- Magical Snowflakes are strategically placed. In most caves, there's usually two covering a dangerous spot: one to enter and one to escape. Use them wisely.
- Every cave can be solved by following a particular pattern of movements. It doesn't have to be an exact path, just a general strategy. Study each cave layout and the position of the items to discover its solution.
- If you pick up a present while the Ghost is moving, he will run towards you. Try to pick up presents when the Ghost is stunned or when he stops to look around.
- If the Snowman is on your tail, you can often shake him off by zig-zagging quickly. He'll sometimes get confused and turn a different way.
- Snowflake Gardens: Hop from Snowflake to Snowflake, like a bee does on flowers. Only in this way can you take advantage of their very short effects.
- Freezer Burn: It's fast, but you're still in control! Clear the Ghost pen early and remember the previous tips to keep the Snowman away--Oh, and use those Snowflakes!
- Twisted Toyland: Rolling Snowballs are not as strong as Snowmen, so they don't hit as hard. Note the color of your Lives Counter, it changes as you get hit. Red means imminent frozen Carol!
- Twisted Toyland: The Bad Toy will hunt you relentlessly and shoot you with his laser, zapping the life out of Carol. If you're losing steam, eat a Magical Snowflake to regain your vitality.
Edited by DZ-Jay, Sat Dec 1, 2012 6:59 AM.