IGNORED

wip

kenfused

The files size is 48 kilobytes. It should work fine with 7800_48K 78BIOS. It might also work with HSC_48K HSC

I wonder how big the Tengen NES ROM is and whether or not it's much larger than the arcade ROM.

I liked what I saw of this version on the "Let's Compare" video over on YouTube:

As for non-Atari/Tengen versions, BPS did a great job on the audio for their versions of Tetris for the MSX 2 - which had a YM2149 like the Atari ST - and the Fujitsu FM-7 which had an AY-A chip but it sounds more lively than the YM2149 version. BPS also did a version for the Sharp X68000 - which had the YM2151 - and sounds even better than the FM-7 version although the sfx sounds too metallic to me. Someone else did another version for the X68000 and its more contemporary synth pop of the era and sounds like Atari Games' YM2151 music from 720 Degrees and Toobin' to me. The Pageantsoft version for the Genesis/Mega Drive sounds like it but on the inferior YM chip of that console.

I specifically mentioned the X68000 versions since it had a YM2151 which the XM also features.

Whoever did the Apple //gs version had downright insulting audio considering how awesome that Ensoniq chip was. The Amiga version has better sound than it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I re-watched some of the vid I linked to and noticed the 7800 version. It looks like it only needs the arcade's POKEY audio added to it. Throw in HSC code for the 200 people who have that cart and for future Concerto and XM owners and Bob's Your Uncle, from the looks of it. And a nice retroactive middle finger to the Big N at that.

I re-watched some of the vid I linked to and noticed the 7800 version. It looks like it only needs the arcade's POKEY audio added to it. Throw in HSC code for the 200 people who have that cart and for future Concerto and XM owners and Bob's Your Uncle, from the looks of it. And a nice retroactive middle finger to the Big N at that.

Bob isn't my Uncle but I do consider him a great friend after all these years.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...