IGNORED

Wyvern Tales

Ninjabba

Ninjabba is best to answer this, but I believe that either himself and/or Der Luchs are doing the music.

That said, there's enough projects that could do with some cool Lynx music. Just create a new thread in the programming forum and see who reacts.

• Like 1

Haha wow I missed out on the localization continuation here. Maybe I will make a Dutch-only exclusive version ;)

But joking aside, I really wish I could solve things as easy as to do some bank-switching, but I'm stuck with template/compiler versions. I tried upgrading (took days) only to find weird glitches in the resulting binary, so I gave up on this.

Right now Der Luchs provided me with some great tunes, but like LX.NET says, there's always need for musicians to work with on other projects. Without Der Luchs input my game would've been like a silent movie. Thanks for the offer though!

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

I hope Ninjabba is still active on these forums and will see my idea: in the near future I fill start a Kickstarter project (not Lynx related, sorry guys :( ) and just came to my mind that it would be an amazing platform for this upcoming game. In fact there are/ have been many game projects there which otherwise would have never been able to get to required funding for them. I am sure there would be many many people who would help funding this game. There would be different "pledge" levels. Let's say the smallest would be $3. They wouldn't get any physical copy just a thank you message and they would know that they helped in the realization of this game (this low starting pledge is quite common on kickstarter). And for I don't know, like $40 people would get a physical copy of the game when is ready. What do you think about this guys?

Zoltan, 20th July 15 would say he is still around ;)

you are in Plymouth? Me too! Small world lol

Yes it looks like from time to time he is still here, hopefully he will see and consider this Kickstarter idea. And yes I am in Plymouth too, that is quite a surprise indeed :).

• 2 weeks later...

I am sure there would be many many people who would help funding this game. There would be different "pledge" levels. Let's say the smallest would be $3. They wouldn't get any physical copy just a thank you message and they would know that they helped in the realization of this game (this low starting pledge is quite common on kickstarter). And for I don't know, like $40 people would get a physical copy of the game when is ready. What do you think about this guys?

I've been thinking in the past about Kickstarter projects as it sounds like an amazing platform to get independent projects funded. My main reason not to accept any money at this point is that I don't want to make any promises on commitment and delivery. I'm already involved in multiple projects/jobs that pay my bills and will have priority over homebrew at any point, as much as I would like to focus on homebrew (definitely a lot more fun than my daily job).

People on the internet can be very rude once their money is involved as they believe they get a saying into matters, but the crowdfunded money will not be enough to cover expenses on my side unless we're talking about maybe half a year of a salary, which is a ridiculous amount for an Atari Lynx game I'm afraid. Maybe people on AA are more understanding when it comes to these matters, but I've seen some Kickstarter projects being flamed by their backers because of promises not being kept, which is very understandable but also counter-productive for someone that's doing homebrew.

The good news however, is that I just returned from a trip of a week in which I focused on Wyvern Tales a lot, and it will see the day of light! The game is fully mapped out, all the content is there, music is done, save feature is in place. I'm very close to finalizing it, so bear with me :)

• Like 11

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

...but the crowdfunded money will not be enough to cover expenses on my side unless we're talking about maybe half a year of a salary, which is a ridiculous amount for an Atari Lynx game I'm afraid.

I don't know man, things have changed in the homebrew scene and if you bring a solid demo to the table with a realistic release date....well, a crowdfunded operation "might" just get you that half a years salary ;) I've seen some of these homebrew projects raise some serious money the last few years!

I don't know man, things have changed in the homebrew scene and if you bring a solid demo to the table with a realistic release date....well, a crowdfunded operation "might" just get you that half a years salary ;) I've seen some of these homebrew projects raise some serious money the last few years!

Thanks for the optimism! I talked about this with friends before, and indeed it might be possible to get a sabbatical and use crowdfunding to send myself off to a tropical island for a month or 2 to build another game :D

Long overdue update: everything works from a to z, but balancing out the game takes forever. I'm at 50% now, and it took me little more than a month to get there. When I'm at 100% there's going to be one more round of testing by dedicated testers and then it's packaging time. Don't get too excited though, my schedule is heavily influenced by real life events...

• Like 10

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...