IGNORED

Flora and the Ghost Mirror

newcoleco

Greetings ColecoVision fans and homebrew supporters!

I'm proud to give you my present in this year of celebration

Flora and the Ghost Mirror

DESCRIPTION

Evil ghosts are attacking the flower kingdom. Flora, the protector of nature in this realm, is urged to save the day. With mana energy coming from the flowers and magic orbs around, she can defeat all evil. But, she must be careful and avoid the deadly micro tornados while collecting the mirror-like pieces from ghosts to make a mirror to capture all ghosts.

DIFFICULTY

Under its look of a game for kids, this game is actually a good challenge. No one went through all the levels without dying at least one... yes you can die in the game.

DOWNLOAD

Exclusive demo version here : flora_20121130demo.zip

CARTRIDGE

You want a cartridge of this game? Well, the labels are ready to be printed and Dale is offering his help to release the game but the proper casings for this game aren't there yet. Another plan is to offer the final version when done for about 5$ as a downloadable game... if the idea is still around. And I'm also planning to make some cartridges myself depending on my ressources so at least of few of us can have a signed copy somehow soon.

REMARK ABOUT EMULATORS

If you are gonna play the game on an emulator only, good luck to use one that can play sounds properly (which is not the case of pretty much all the ColEm versions). AdamEm can't play the digital voice in the game. BlueMSX seems to be the most accurate emulator to run this game even if it's running a bit too fast for the voice parts.

COMMENTS

As usual, your comments are welcome. And if you made some good points about the demo version before I finish the final version, it might help to get a better game at the end.

INSPIRATION

This game is based on Gabriela and my love for her. Gabriela enjoys RPGs, nature, specialy flowers, and dreams about being a magical healer like a shaman or fairy. She loves some nice music like "Delerium - Chimera - Touched" which inspired me the ingame music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7ORLr8fYjM

:party: Happy 30 ColecoVision years! Happy Holidays! :party:

• Like 7

CARTRIDGE

You want a cartridge of this game? Well, the labels are ready to be printed and Dale is offering his help to release the game but the proper casings for this game aren't there yet. Another plan is to offer the final version when done for about 5$ as a downloadable game... if the idea is still around. And I'm also planning to make some cartridges myself depending on my ressources so at least of few of us can have a signed copy somehow soon.

I have 100 transparent blue casings (light blue, not dark blue) which I'm not planning to use for any of my future releases. I think they would be perfect for Flora. If you want them, just contact me at pixelboy at teampixelboy dot com. :)

Nice job, Daniel! And thanks for your contribution to the CV's 30th anniversary! :D

I have 100 transparent blue casings (light blue, not dark blue) which I'm not planning to use for any of my future releases. I think they would be perfect for Flora. If you want them, just contact me at pixelboy at teampixelboy dot com. :)

Nice job, Daniel! And thanks for your contribution to the CV's 30th anniversary! :D

If it's the casings Dale told me about on Skype then it's also the casings I'm refering to in my message. The question left is how long it takes to make publish the game when it will be done. But regardless of the time, if there arecasings to publish the game in a fancy way, that's good for me and the fans. All I know is that my actual ressources can't be used to do mass production... but I can do a very limited edition by my own.

If it's the casings Dale told me about on Skype then it's also the casings I'm refering to in my message.

Probably not. Dale ordered some transparent DARK blue casings from me, and because Moldex messed up during the manufacturing process, only 45 of the 260 casings delivered were actually usable. I'm going to use those 45 casings for Thexder this Christmas, and I already have an arrangement with Moldex for them to redo those defective casings next January.

The casings I'm talking about are like the transparent clear casings you used for Ghostblaster, only they have a small blueish tint. I wouldn't mind selling them to you for two reasons: 1) I don't have any games in my future homebrew lineups that could use these trans-blue casings, and 2) Moldex cannot produce any more casings of this particular color, so I'm limited to the quantity of 100 I have now.

The question left is how long it takes to make publish the game when it will be done. But regardless of the time, if there are casings to publish the game in a fancy way, that's good for me and the fans. All I know is that my actual ressources can't be used to do mass production... but I can do a very limited edition by my own.

If it's a regular 32K game, why not just let 5-11under prepare the electronics for you? Beyond that, I figure you won't be making boxes for this game, only a manual...?

Probably not. Dale ordered some transparent DARK blue casings from me, and because Moldex messed up during the manufacturing process, only 45 of the 260 casings delivered were actually usable. I'm going to use those 45 casings for Thexder this Christmas, and I already have an arrangement with Moldex for them to redo those defective casings next January.

The casings I'm talking about are like the transparent clear casings you used for Ghostblaster, only they have a small blueish tint. I wouldn't mind selling them to you for two reasons: 1) I don't have any games in my future homebrew lineups that could use these trans-blue casings, and 2) Moldex cannot produce any more casings of this particular color, so I'm limited to the quantity of 100 I have now..

Dale told me about the blue-ish cartridges, so I suppose this solve the problem for the casings.

If it's a regular 32K game, why not just let 5-11under prepare the electronics for you? Beyond that, I figure you won't be making boxes for this game, only a manual...?

I don't know how many pcbs he still have.... Anyway, at the moment I need financial help if I want to start any production, so I'm gonna do a first modest release and then consider a more fancy one with blue-ish casings. Tobias was thinking of a boxart but I'm going just for a manual and probably a small poster too since he made one already.

post-3651-0-14195500-1354292585_thumb.png

Edited by newcoleco

Dale told me about the blue-ish cartridges, so I suppose this solve the problem for the casings.

I don't think I ever told Dale about those light blue transparent casings, but I could be wrong.

I don't know how many pcbs he still have.... Anyway, at the moment I need financial help if I want to start any production, so I'm gonna go with first plan and release with what I do have here at this moment and then use the fancy carts for the second batch. Tobias was thinking of a boxart but I'm going just for a manual and probably a small poster since he made one already.

Wish I could help, but releasing 8 games this Christmas is already a financial strain for me. :)

I'm disapointed by that game.:) Not that it is not good. It is really fun and the music is really great. But i was expecting you are going to use the routine you showed me in your "proof of concept" rom few month ago.

But despite that little disapointement.. that's a great game! :) Well done Daniel! ;)

I'm disapointed by that game. :) Not that it is not good. It is really fun and the music is really great. But i was expecting you are going to use the routine you showed me in your "proof of concept" rom few month ago.

But despite that little disapointement.. that's a great game! :) Well done Daniel! ;)

Be assured that the proof of concept you are refering to is gonna be a game or two in the future.