Obscure Time Race cart

6 replies to this topic

#1 karokoenig OFFLINE  

karokoenig

Stargunner

• 1,061 posts

Posted Tue Dec 4, 2012 6:27 AM

Hey there,

I recently grabbed a little game collection on eBay, and among the games was a weird clone of Time Race (which itself is a clone of Space Jockey). It appears to be a german release, by Hotshot/Goliath. The "original" Time Race was already less than mediocre, but this version is even worse. I suspect those carts aren't particularly rare, but you never know... anyone have information on this for me? I have attached two photos of the cart. Sorry for the bad quality - had to use a stone old camcorder, because I didn't have any decent equipment at hand. Feel free to use it for the Rarity Guide database. The photos, shitty as they are, are still way better than the game :-).

TimeRace1.JPG

TimeRace2.JPG

#2 pangasinan OFFLINE  

pangasinan

River Patroller

• 3,179 posts

Posted Tue Dec 4, 2012 12:15 PM

It is already in the database.

http://www.atarimani...-race_8553.html

#3 karokoenig OFFLINE  

karokoenig

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,061 posts

Posted Tue Dec 4, 2012 11:23 PM

Yeah, that's where I found out it's from Goliath in the first place. It's just not in the rarity guide here. There is hardly any information about this version on either site, so I thought I'd ask in here if anyone knows more.

Edited by karokoenig, Tue Dec 4, 2012 11:25 PM.

#4 pangasinan OFFLINE  

pangasinan

River Patroller

• 3,179 posts

Posted Tue Dec 4, 2012 11:28 PM

The rarity guide here hasn't been updated since Adam was a boy.. Atarimania is the authority site for Atari rarity information.

#5 karokoenig OFFLINE  

karokoenig

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,061 posts

Posted Wed Dec 5, 2012 12:23 AM

Well, and from what I can see, there are no rarity informations whatsoever on any of the game entries in Atarimania. The forum there scores about a post per month.

Am I missing something here?

#6 nofrills100 OFFLINE  

nofrills100

River Patroller

• 2,749 posts

Posted Wed Dec 5, 2012 3:46 AM

Here's a part guide to R10's or 'Holy Grails' as they are referred to on Atarimania.
http://www.atarimani...5-1-10_2_G.html
Holy Grails are defined as 3 or less cartridges - whereas R10's can be much higher numbers... take Air Raid for example.

I say 'part guide' because there are a hell of a lot more PAL 'Holy Grails' not listed as such on atarimania, probably because it is a mammoth task grading PAL due to the much larger international scope of production and distribution.

I think of AA for best atari forum on the net, and AM for most comprehensive database on the net.
The best knowledge of PAL rarity comes with time, and there are plenty of wise old PALists here, so by posting a question in these forums as you have done is the best way to find out.

#7 karokoenig OFFLINE  

karokoenig

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,061 posts

Posted Wed Dec 5, 2012 7:42 AM

I wasn't aware of the "Holy Grail" checkbox in the advanced search. Found it eventually after reading your tips. Thanks! :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users