IGNORED

Explosive Diarrhea (2600)

atari2600land

Hi all, I'd like to get feedback on my 2k 2600 game I'm making called "Explosive Diarrhea" that you may have seen me talking about in other parts of AA. If possible, I'd like it to stay 2k. Here are the rules, as well as a screenshot and binary.

"someone at the Redneck family reunion forgot to check if the clams were any good before serving them. Turns out they weren't. So now everyone has to go to the bathroom. Unfortunately for the Rednecks, they held their family reunion next to a minefield and the outhouse is on the other side of it! How many Rednecks can you guide to the outhouse? The minefield has a different random setup each time you successfully guide a Redneck to the outhouse on the other side. The problem lies in getting through it. If you step on a mine, the blast will force him back to the beginning. The trick is to quickly memorize where the mines are (and aren't) and guide the Redneck to the outhouse correctly. There is some trial and error, but if you have a quick enough brain and hand, you'll be smarter than a Redneck in no time. The number on the left is the timer. It starts at 60 and winds down at 00. Once the timer reaches 00, the game ends and the final score is the number on the right. To start a new game, press Fire. You can move diagonally in the game."

post-9475-0-35491500-1354957119_thumb.png

minefield17.bas.bin

• Like 1

If you're changing the story to diarrhea ridden rednecks, I'm thinking it might be better if you make a minor edit. Instead of calling it a minefield, think of it as just a field and if you make the wrong move, you slip and fall (maybe you hit a muddy spot or whatever) -- exploding with diarrhea, either from the impact, or since you didn't make it in time.

• Like 1

But then I would have to change the game title.

Anyway, I did make a minor change. Instead of brown text the entire time you're on the title screen, I made it change colors every 3 seconds.

As for aiming for 1k, I have about 3 bytes left right now. How would I make it 1k?

minefield18.bas.bin

• 1 month later...

OK! I finally got this to compile again! (long story short: my computer was acting like a jerk again.) I made a few changes, mostly in the random mine placements. The mines are more random (hopefully)! I also centered the title screen. You can also play in glorious black and white if you so choose to. Tell me your thoughts.

NOTE: If you want to download the bas file and compile it, you'd need to make some changes to the default.inc file. I changed it just to make the game fit in 2k.

minefield19.bas.bin

minefield19.bas

Thanks for all the feedback. One thing was bugging me, though: How the minefield's horizon edge was above the horizon. So I changed the look of the game so the minefield is between two walls, where the guys automatically jump up (and down to get into the minefield. These guys apparently don't know why the walls were put there to begin with!) As for changing the name to "Don't Eat the McRib," I don't want McDonald's on my case! ;)

minefield21a.bas.bin

"Someone at the Redneck family reunion forgot to check if the clams were any good before serving them! Turns out they weren't. So now everyone has to go to the bathroom...unfortunately for the Rednecks, they held their family reunion next to a minefield and the outhouse is on the other side of it! How many Rednecks can you guide to the outhouse?"

Man, if a better write-up description was made for a homebrew in recent times, I haven't seen it!...this is friggin' hilarious and I'm still laughing (yes, I just might have issues, lol)! I hope you don't mind the slight changes I made to it...let me tell you: if this ever makes it to the AA Store, sign me up for one sight unseen! :D

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

send me a message if you ever release this game on a cart. Some how a game in my collection called Explosive Diarrhea would be funny. thanks

This game will be released, by Packrat Video Games, LLC (yes, Packrat is still around, new owner and new stuff coming out). Soon too. The carts are being made right now, labels soon too, and just the manual and cover art which are being worked on is left to complete. Hope to release at the Midwest Gaming Classic April 12-13 (or at least demo it there before its release). Will know more in a week or so.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...