• (ColecoVision Game Pack #2 listed under Game Pack #2) --> GoodDealGames
  • GhostBlaster --> Daniel Bienvenu
  • Monster Masher --> Philipp Klaus Krause NOT Marcel de Kogel
  • Ms Space Fury --> Digital Press
  • Purple Dinosaur Massacre --> John Dondzila
  • Space Invasion --> John Dondzila
  • Star Fortress --> John Dondzila

;-)

I'm not putting Game Pack #1 because it doesn't come with box, also Ghostblaster doesn't come by default with box. Corrected author for Monster Masher. Added Ms Space Fury, Space Invasion and Star Fortress. I couldn't find info about if Purple Dinosaur Massacre included a box, so also I didn't include it.

Mega-update: Caterpillar S.O.S, Chack&Pop, Chess Challenger, Elevator Action, Gulkave, Lode Runner, MTX Game Collection vol.1, Mindwalls, Module Man, Monster Masher, Puzzli and Rollerball now sold out.

Game Pack #1 came with a box in a limited edition.

Why don't you include games without boxes?

Because it's a complicated work to keep track of boxes and manuals :), fortunately most of recent releases are pure Complete-In-Box :D

Added Purple Dinosaur Massacre, Game Pack #1 and Ghostblaster along with indications. Thanks very much for your information.

• 4 months later...

At last an update :)

Added Telebunny, Flapee Byrd, Galaga and Nibbli.

New availability (forgotten boxes) of Girl's Garden, Peek-a-boo, Track'n'Field, Pitfall II Arcade, Destructor SCE, Ninja Princess, Golgo 13, Bank Panic, Konami's Ping-Pong, Wonder Boy, Mopiranger, Module Man and the Black Onyx from Team Pixelboy. I don't have asked for current prices.

Bugs'n'bots, Burn Rubber, Princess Quest and Rollerball now sold out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Added Dungeons & Trolls, Spunky's Super Car, Tank Challenge, Comic Bakery and Strip Poker.

New availability of Chack'n'pop, Girls' Garden, Gulkave, Lock&Chase at Good Deal Games.

Interestingly my own Zombie Near goes up in price, probably meaning there are few copies left.

After Mecha-8 sold out the first batch, Team Pixelboy continues to gather a list of interested people for following batch. Note that Mecha-8 can work fine with a regular Colecovision, but if you add a Super Game Module, Mecha-8 will enhance the music and sound effects.

BTW, Princess Quest and Mecha-8 (and several other homebrews) are included into the Colecovision Flashback available right now at game stores. The enhanced SGM music for Mecha-8 isn't available in the Colecovision Flashback.

Homebrews included into the Colecovision Flashback:

• Bankruptcy Builder
  • Destructor (Original release, Standard Controller Edition)
  • Mecha-8
  • Module Man
  • Monster Masher
  • Ms. Space Fury
  • Princess Quest
  • Schlange CV
  • Search for the Stolen Crown Jewels
  • Search for the Stolen Crown Jewels 2
  • Search for the Stolen Crown Jewels 3
  • Shunting Puzzle

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Also missing:

• Ms Space Fury --> Digital Press

Almost a year later and I have to ask: does a game really count as "CIB" if a box was produced for a game by someone other than the original distributor? Ms. Space Fury wasn't released by Digital Press with a box, just a cartridge and a manual (and a pin, if I recall correctly). The box that exists was an independent creation, wasn't it? Its inclusion as a boxed title seems like a bit of a cheat.

Here are some corrections to the pricing data, five gaps filled and one error:

* Dacman was priced at $20.00 (until Classic Game Creations ceased physical sales of it in late 2002)

* Purple Dinosaur Massacre was priced at $20.00 (until Classic Game Creations ceased physical sales of it in early 2003)

* Space Invaders Collection was priced at $26.50 direct from OpCode games (up from pre-release pricing of $25.00, due to currency fluctuations in 2003) for its initial run in 2003

* Space Invasion was priced at $20.00 (until Classic Game Creations ceased physical sales of it in early 2003)

* Star Fortress was priced at $20.00 (until Classic Game Creations ceased physical sales of it in early 2003)

* Steamroller (plastic clamshell reissue) was priced at $39.95, not $29.95, by Intellivision Productions

It might be useful to add a release year column. Or year last known available direct from a sanctioned distributor. Or both, as the dollar values assigned lack context and in a number of cases are misleading, as there are titles listed herein (just glancing quickly over it all) where the figures listed significantly differ relative to pricing when first published.

Edited by mumbai
  • Like 1

Almost a year later and I have to ask: does a game really count as "CIB" if a box was produced for a game by someone other than the original distributor? Ms. Space Fury wasn't released by Digital Press with a box, just a cartridge and a manual (and a pin, if I recall correctly). The box that exists was an independent creation, wasn't it? Its inclusion as a boxed title seems like a bit of a cheat.

You're right - it should be dropped from the list.

Here are some corrections to the pricing data, five gaps filled and one error:

* Dacman was priced at $20.00 (until Classic Game Creations ceased physical sales of it in late 2002)

* Purple Dinosaur Massacre was priced at $20.00 (until Classic Game Creations ceased physical sales of it in early 2003)

* Space Invaders Collection was priced at $26.50 direct from OpCode games (up from pre-release pricing of $25.00, due to currency fluctuations in 2003) for its initial run in 2003

* Space Invasion was priced at $20.00 (until Classic Game Creations ceased physical sales of it in early 2003)

* Star Fortress was priced at $20.00 (until Classic Game Creations ceased physical sales of it in early 2003)

* Steamroller (plastic clamshell reissue) was priced at $39.95, not $29.95, by Intellivision Productions

It might be useful to add a release year column. Or year last known available direct from a sanctioned distributor. Or both, as the dollar values assigned lack context and in a number of cases are misleading, as there are titles listed herein (just glancing quickly over it all) where the figures listed significantly differ relative to pricing when first published.

Thank you very much for the info! I've updated the list. I'll try to put last known year in future versions of the list.

You're right - it should be dropped from the list.

Ms. Space Fury dropped from the list.