IGNORED

NEW SIO atari PLUGS

lotharek

Me and Duddie have decided to produce NEW SIO PLUGS. We have already ordered tool and soon first injections will be made.

like here :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFvvpKvoigQ

i predict production for few tousand units - cost per unit ( tooling cost calculated )

1-10 - 2 E

11-49 1,8E

50-100 1,6 E

100-499 -1,4 E

above 500 - 1,2 E

Anyone interested ?

full commercial inoice, predicted time - Fevb 2013

ps. after production i will be able to reduce cost ofcased sio2sd with sd card sigificantly. also, nice sio2pc with usb interface will be introduced.

Edited by lotharek
  • Like 4

Lenore, best way out is to use Z800/Sweet16 style DB15 connectors, and with Lotharek's plugs, building a proper cable won't pose any problem

tooling for plug is 500-600$ (china made) (this is estimate on what i know about this project) so it will pay if demand will be high enough

Hi,

In the future..... would you be able to make the connectors? Like the connectors on the back of the various Atari devices. :?

Didnt steve "Atarimax" Tucker have sio sockets made last year? Not 100% sure, or if he made them available.

Hello Lotharek

Why did you choose this plug and not the one in the picture below?

siocable.jpg

The one in the picture slides in and out of the SIO connector much easier then the one in your picture. I prefer the one in "my" (read: atari8warez') picture and have never liked the other one, for just this reason. And I guess I'm not the only one.

Sincerely

Mathy

Edited by Mathy
  • Like 4

Something I would like to see in a new SIO cable are shielded conductors for data and audio. That way we'd be able to use high-speed IO with more devices connected and data noise wouldn't leak into the audio track (which is why you can still hear loading after turning IO noise off- cut the audio wire and it vanishes!!).

• 2 weeks later...

The one in the picture slides in and out of the SIO connector much easier then the one in your picture. I prefer the one in "my" (read: atari8warez') picture and have never liked the other one, for just this reason. And I guess I'm not the only one.

And this isn't the only reason Mathy. I have seen more from the cheap?? standard connectors to have conductive problems if aged! I believe cause these was the first or a fast and dirty approach from Atari to make a connector mainly for the tape program recorders.

But when things started to get serious like the printers and floppy drives (Atari Japan), then a more reliable connector had to be constructed.

The female pins of new improved connector, is not just metals who touch the male pins of Atari device, but round who cuddle these just us the later D-Sub ones. And to be more understandable by all, like these of joysticks.

Αnd to bless my beard :-D :P these was what I order from B & C Computers and use on all my SIO2SD (and a lot -not in all- of SDRIVE) constructions.

Edited by santosp

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

very much alive....

check my www

Few observations:

Prices seem to have been more than doubled since you posted the thread.

You say No orders over 4 units, but you have price breaks on your website for volume purchases, seems a bit confusing?

What is the reason for limiting the quantity?

Edited by atari8warez

Reason: Probably because he had to change his production output method. (Just guessing)

(And yes, before you bolt on your usual pedantic troll like behavior, I'm guessing he intended to do a large run, but economic reality set in.)

As long as he makes good on his orders, I don't care what the limits are.

-Thom

• Like 3

unfortunatelly, not all went as it was supposed. costs were lifted by killing customes, extra vat and time spent on packing and gathering sets.

my online shop has one it`s specific algorithm, where i can input only base price. cannot edit price ranges.

why limit to 4 sio plugs ? simple, imagine you produce sio2pc, sio2sd and other stuff for atari, you invested 3 months salary in injection form and 1,5 half of your year and suddenly somone who is not running officilal business and do not pays offcial fees, buys 1000 plugs and compete...

Edited by lotharek
  • Like 2

Reason: Probably because he had to change his production output method. (Just guessing)

(And yes, before you bolt on your usual pedantic troll like behavior, I'm guessing he intended to do a large run, but economic reality set in.)

As long as he makes good on his orders, I don't care what the limits are.

-Thom

Why the fuck do you think you have to reply. I asked a legitimate question to Lotharek and YOU ARE TROLLING right now, and the usual crew likes your troll, so predictable, just go fume somewhere else... Surprisingly (not to me) I only have problem with a bunch of thugs here....

Edited by atari8warez

unfortunatelly, not all went as it was supposed. costs were lifted by killing customes, extra vat and time spent on packing and gathering sets.

my online shop has one it`s specific algorithm, where i can input only base price. cannot edit price ranges.

why limit to 4 sio plugs ? simple, imagine you produce sio2pc, sio2sd and other stuff for atari, you invested 3 months salary in injection form and 1,5 half of your year and suddenly somone who is not running officilal business and do not pays offcial fees, buys 1000 plugs and compete...

No problem Lotharek, I understand your position but the page is confusing, in any case good luck with your endeavors.

Edited by atari8warez

Amen, to that preempt; may it be successful.

Complete non-sequitur. There was no preempt involved in my thread. I started a completely new thread; hence, the non-sequitur. The actual preempt here was tschak909 trying to preempt you from further polluting this thread (as you do flashjazzcat's GUI thread) with your "pedantic troll like behavior." I merely seconded the request; it had nothing to do with preemption. Unfortunately (and predictably), it failed here.

Lotharek and Steve Tucker both made their own SIO plugs; perhaps you can do the same for your me-too devices. Apologies to Lotharek for your interruption and trolling in *yet another* thread. I've bought six relatively high-dollar devices from Lotharek over the past few years, so I'm a grateful repeat customer, I highley recommend Lotharek, and I have more of his great stuff on my wish-list. I wish Lotharek nothing but the best, and appreciate what he does for the Atari community.

I suggest you resume "work" on Aspeqt, rather than further argue in the threads of others. You are always welcome to send a nasty PM instead; I don't care. May the following further inspire you in your endeavors. I'm sure this will bring back fond memories and make your eyes tear! :) :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3i4I5KXnsY