IGNORED

found an easter ege in haunted adventure trilogy

bradhig

I found a room in the area you need the shovel to enter after crossing the bridge. It has the words Tody and Jojo on the left side and the same words mirrored on the right side.

I think there might be a dot in it.

There is message that appears when I took another object in to the room

thanks kurt,howe, brian wong, stany

Edited by bradhig

My laptop does strange things by itself sometimes.

I know! It's weird how when I press keys, things appear on the screen... almost by magic!

I'm still wondering how to pronounce ege. Is it ee-g, ee-gee, e-g-e, e-gee, e-jee, e-je, or something else?

;)

Hehe, now that the jokes are out of my system -- great find on that easter egg! Can you take some screenshots of it?

I can't help it. When I type sometimes the cursor jumps around the screen and highlights text like i am trying to cut and paste. My mom has the same problems with her laptop and it is a different model. I don't have a clue what I am triggering on it.

to fix this problem, Google for "touchfreeze" utility and download it! It turns off the mouse pad while you are typing. It fixed the same problem for my laptop.

• Like 1

...When I type sometimes the cursor jumps around the screen and highlights text like i am trying to cut and paste...
to fix this problem, Google for "touchfreeze" utility and download it! It turns off the mouse pad while you are typing.

Good call on that app. I've had the same thing happen, where my palm will brush over the trackpad while I'm typing. I almost always use a mouse anyway, so I just turn off the trackpad. Some laptops have an ON-OFF button for it; with others you can disable it in device manager if you don't need to use it.

I found another one in game 3 of return to haunted house and it is huge. I think it may be the Ultimate Easter Egg from the contest. The first screenshot is the room that leads to the easter egg;. You need that circle with the cross to unlock the castle it is in and then the dot and some objects to enter. The blue room is part of a huge part of the map made to look like the original Haunted House game with credits hidden on all four floors.

post-2717-0-14389800-1355461576_thumb.jpg

post-2717-0-91636700-1355461714_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I found another one in game 3 of return to haunted house and it is huge. I think it may be the Ultimate Easter Egg from the contest. The first screenshot is the room that leads to the easter egg;. You need that circle with the cross to unlock the castle it is in and then the dot and some objects to enter. The blue room is part of a huge part of the map made to look like the original Haunted House game with credits hidden on all four floors.

As much as I don't want to give out any hints, you are very close in this post...

• 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 9 months later...

NO MORE EASTER EGGS IN HOMEBREWS. I HAVE LOST MY MIND TRYING TO FIND SOMETHING IN HAT THAT CAN ONLY BE FOUND BY DUMPING THE ROM AND HACKING IT CAUSE THE AUTHOR AND NO ONE WHO BETATESTED IT WILL SAY WHERE IT IS EVEN THOU THE CONTEST IS LONG OVER. I JUST WANT GAMES WITHOUT HIDDEN JUNK IN THEM SO I WON'T LOSE MY MIND CHASING STUFF THAT ISN'T THERE!!!!

Given that many programmers of homebrew have reveled their easter eggs while wwong won't reveal this one it makes my blood boil. That play return to haunted house message in the first room of the haunted house map most mean there is a copy of return to haunted house in the game or you need to find the skull and take it to the tomb instead of the heart.

I have been so naive about the easter egg about how to get it. In the map I found that is shaped like the map from the original Haunted House game is a message near the entrance of the original. "Play return to Haunted House. " Not a reference to the game on the Atari Flashbacks but a minigame. You have to play a minigame version of Haunted House. There are three objects that look like the pieces of the urm from the original game.

From your first steps,
Always do what is right.
Travel up the straight and narrow path,
Which leads life’s journey encountering both foe and friend;
Travel through the tome of truth
To find true eternal salvation for the sou

First Steps in original game go right and up the stairs

Which leads life's journey encountering both for and friend - The skeleton has to help you get the pieces out of the messages.

Travel through the tome of turth - go through the messages somehow to get the pieces

TO find true eternal salvation for the soul - find urn and get it to the tomb or the entrance of original game don't know which.

I have been too busy trying to cross walls with the dot wrong.

post-47844-0-12525600-1504994388_thumb.jpg

post-47844-0-46870100-1504994397_thumb.jpg

post-47844-0-45145300-1504994763_thumb.jpg

Edited by bradhig1

• 2 weeks later...

I tried again tonight after not playing for a while I did some bat recon in the haunted house map by holding the bat with the magnet as close to the right border as possible hoping to draw a hidden object towards me. Turns out the magnet won't clear the right border. I tried shoving the bat over the right side of the screen on the fourth floor and he turned around and flew away to the left.

I figure out with the bridge you can go up the narrow passageways on the stair screens. Have to wait until I come up with another idea.

IMG_5853.MOV