IGNORED

Sears TELE-GAMES INTV (new) Overlay set

pboland

I'm sorry this project is so slow in coming. :( I had a couple of orders for some homebrew coleco games come up and that has been taking up my free time. I will try to get some pics up this weekend. Progress is slow, but it is still moving in the right direction. I've had a few set backs but I'm still moving forward on this. More to come.

It's not much, but what you are looking at are two test box builds. The finished boxes will look like these, but these two boxes will not be used. That is because there are a few fitting issues with these two boxes and the adhesive isn't strong enough for the finished boxes, but that is why I have tests. :)

post-9874-0-39488900-1372083500_thumb.jpg

post-9874-0-21082600-1372083508_thumb.jpg

post-9874-0-83822300-1372083516_thumb.jpg

I have also decide that I'm going to use a styrofoam core in these boxes. That will achieve two things:

1) It will hold the overlays nicely in the middle of the box.

2) The styrofoam will help hold the shape of the box over time.

More to come, stay tuned.

• Like 9

:) Yep, River Raid has the hands down worst OL's period. No contest.

I assumed all Activision overlays were made the same? Are Pittfall's overlays better than River Raid's? I have original Pittfall overlays, but not River Raid's. I've made new River Raid overlays and actually I've made a few different INTV Activision overlays. Sounds like a possible new product. That an Imagic overlays swell.

...First focus on Sears Set, sorry I got a little side tracked. :-D

I assumed all Activision overlays were made the same? Are Pittfall's overlays better than River Raid's? I have original Pittfall overlays, but not River Raid's. I've made new River Raid overlays and actually I've made a few different INTV Activision overlays. Sounds like a possible new product. That an Imagic overlays swell.

...First focus on Sears Set, sorry I got a little side tracked. :-D

Yah, as Mike said, it seems to be just the River Raid ones.

As for other sets, don't you worry, we'll keep you busy. :) there's the potential to do another good sized set in the CBS/Colecovision games as most of the CV games didn't have overlays (just Mouse Trap), and the CBS versions had alternate artwork, and in some cases, a few different versions. There's a cool set to be made there.

Yah, as Mike said, it seems to be just the River Raid ones.

As for other sets, don't you worry, we'll keep you busy. :) there's the potential to do another good sized set in the CBS/Colecovision games as most of the CV games didn't have overlays (just Mouse Trap), and the CBS versions had alternate artwork, and in some cases, a few different versions. There's a cool set to be made there.

I've actually done a little work with Colecovision orphan overlays. Have you seen this topic yet:

Interest Check: Orphan Overlays For CV?

Haven't done much with them since November because of the INTV Sears overlay set, but they are started. The topic is a little dusty, but it wouldn't take much to bring it back to life.

On side note: I just got back from the post office and shipping to Canada has went up a lot! Last year it use to cost about $5.00 ($1.00 for the box and $4.00 for first class shipping). Now it is still $1.00 for the box but the shipping is $10.55!!!! I just putting this out there so there is no sticker shock on shipping for my friends up North.

I remember that CV overlay thread and I'd certainly be interested, but I'm talking about Coleco/CBS games for the Inty. :) Soon I'll post a variations thread about all the CBS/Coleco games and you'll see what I mean about a whole lot of cool artwork just screaming to made into overlays.

Oh, and I wouldn't worry about the shipping cost to Canada. How much is shipping for five sets? :)

I'm telling you Phil, you have a winner on your hands with these overlay sets. Hope you have lots of red ink for your printer. :)