IGNORED

Ultimate 1Mb Upgrade

spookt

Hi Folks

Could someone please tell me if it is currently possible to update my version 1 U1Mb to the same functionality of V2 and what the new stuff in version 2 adds. I've seen talk of PBI code that works with the SIDE cart but apart from that I'm not sure. I do have a SIDE cart so I'd like to take advantage of any synergies are available when using both devices.

I guess my main questions are

1) Is it possible?

2) What files and what extra hardware (programmer?) do I need?

3) What will I gain?

I know the answers to these are probably buried in other threads, but I'd really like some clear direction. Apologies to folks who don't want to see another U1Mb thread ;-)

Edited by spookt

Hi Folks

Could someone please tell me if it is currently possible to update my version 1 U1Mb to the same functionality of V2 and what the new stuff in version 2 adds. I've seen talk of PBI code that works with the SIDE cart but apart from that I'm not sure. I do have a SIDE cart so I'd like to take advantage of any synergies are available when using both devices.

I guess my main questions are

1) Is it possible?

2) What files and what extra hardware (programmer?) do I need?

3) What will I gain?

I know the answers to these are probably buried in other threads, but I'd really like some clear direction. Apologies to folks who don't want to see another U1Mb thread ;-)

You need one of these -

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2906445303241?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=290644530324&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Then you need to make a cable -

The programmer uses a 2x5 2.54mm pitch header and the U1MB (plus others) use a 2x5 2.0mm pitch header.

The 100 Random Tasks is set up as:

1 - VCC ---- 2 GND

3 - TCK ---- 4 GND

5 - TDO ---- 6 GND

7 - TDI ---- 8 GND

9 - TMS ---- 10 GND

JTAG

1 - VCC ---- 2 GND

3 - TCK ---- 4 TDO

5 - TDI ---- 6 TMS

7 - XXX ---- 8 XXX

9 - XXX ---- 10 XXX

[XXX] = not used

Pin#1 is at the top right if you look at it like (parts side):

9 7 5 3 1

------===------

| o o o o o |

| o o o o o |

---------------

10 8 6 4 2

Then download this -

http://www.xilinx.co...nload/index.htm

Then flash the xilinx chip with the ultimate1mb-v2.jed found here: http://lotharek.pl/z...imate1mb-v2.jed

... then you can upgrade the U1MB version to V2 and get the new features..

found here : http://lotharek.pl/z...imate1mb-v2.rom

I'm still building the stupid cable, I can't believe how many times I got the wires wrong....

• Like 2

And I thought I was having a hard time with the programmer :P

If you look at the pin-numbers I looks very confusing.

But it is really quite simple

Look at the picture.

Left is the RandomTask side and Right is the U1MB side.

All the even numbers on the RandomTask-side are GND.

So basically you cut all the even numbers, but leave one to connect to Pin 2 U1MB side.

post-29177-0-93187200-1355860878_thumb.jpg

Edited by Louis
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not having much luck here. What needs to be connected on the U1MB when your going to reprogram the Xilinx chip?

I can't seem to get the light to turn green on the programmer.

ERROR:Cse - A reference voltage has not been detected on the ribbon cable interface to the target system ( pin 2 ). Check that power is applied to the target system and that the ribbon cable is properly seated at both ends. The status LED on Platform Cable USB will be GREEN if target voltage is in the proper range and applied to the correct pin.

Cable connection failed.

I'm using the USB programmer as my computer doesn't have a parallel port.

For clarity, are you saying the randomtasks device is non standard, or the header on the U1MB?

Look back at post #4 of this thread ..... shows a nice picture of a working Randomtask parallel port cable 10pin 2.54mm to a 10pin 2.00mm ... and the 10pin 2.00mm is what will fit into the socket of the Ultimate upgrade for flashing...