Photo

Another World Jaguar Pre-Order

717 replies to this topic

#701 SuperDork3000 OFFLINE  

SuperDork3000

Dragonstomper

• 520 posts

Posted Tue Jul 1, 2014 5:44 PM

Playing this game for a week on my Wii U has just made me want it 10 times more for Jaguar..

What is needed to move this project along from the community?  Shells?  I have a few copies of bruce lee, dino dudes, etc, that I would be more than willing to donate to this project.

I have a few hundred copies of Battlesphere I'd be willing to donate too.

Battlesphere_4Play_Atari_jaguar-bs_stack

Seriously, Another World needs another print run.

#702 CyranoJ OFFLINE  

CyranoJ

Stargunner

• 1,839 posts
  • RAPTOR in LOCAL

Posted Tue Jul 1, 2014 5:56 PM

No, we need less cash gouging scumbag re-sellers.

The problem isn't with the developers or the media.

Yeah see what I mean. Screw that crap. We need a CD version that's easier to produce and not so much delays. 

#703 ravard OFFLINE  

ravard

Chopper Commander

• 113 posts

Posted Tue Jul 1, 2014 7:20 PM

I just want to play one of my favorite games of all time on the Jaguar.

ravatd

#704 JagChris OFFLINE  

JagChris

River Patroller

• 2,287 posts

Posted Tue Jul 1, 2014 8:03 PM

We need that too. But this would help alleviate the problem. 

And a full CD version of OOTW would be awesome. On the Jaguar. It deserves it. 

No, we need less cash gouging scumbag re-sellers.

The problem isn't with the developers or the media.

#705 SebRmv OFFLINE  

SebRmv

Moonsweeper

• 288 posts

Posted Sat Jul 5, 2014 4:09 AM

A CD version of Another World is not really doable, unless you are willing to have the "non deluxe" version only.

The loading time of the deluxe backgrounds from the CD would make the game experiment really bad.

I will meet the RGC in roughly a month to discuss in details of the second run. Sorry for the delay for all of you who are waiting it. I hope we'll be able to do it before the end of the year.

Cheers

Seb

Edited by SebRmv, Sat Jul 5, 2014 4:10 AM.

#706 82-T/A OFFLINE  

82-T/A

Stargunner

• 1,184 posts

Posted Sat Jul 5, 2014 9:01 AM

A CD version of Another World is not really doable, unless you are willing to have the "non deluxe" version only.

The loading time of the deluxe backgrounds from the CD would make the game experiment really bad.

I will meet the RGC in roughly a month to discuss in details of the second run. Sorry for the delay for all of you who are waiting it. I hope we'll be able to do it before the end of the year.

Cheers

Seb

Thanks for getting back to us though, I appreciate it. I'm definitely down for a cartridge version... I kick myself everytime I think about how I missed the sale... :(

#707 guiltl3ss OFFLINE  

guiltl3ss

Chopper Commander

• 109 posts

Posted Sat Jul 5, 2014 9:42 AM

Gives me time to get some money put away for it, so works well for me.  Can't wait!

#708 Kirkman OFFLINE  

Kirkman

Space Invader

• 48 posts

Posted Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:25 PM

Thanks for getting back to us though, I appreciate it. I'm definitely down for a cartridge version... I kick myself everytime I think about how I missed the sale... :(

Same here. Can't wait for a cartridge.

#709 travistouchdown OFFLINE  

travistouchdown

Moonsweeper

• 398 posts
  • Do the math!

Posted Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:03 AM

SPOILER ALERT***

Beat this on my Wii U a few days back.  Sort of depressing ending since he doesn't go home but rather flies off to live with buddy in some village in the woods.  I suppose that's better than being stuck in that jail/city complex.  The storyline is good, but it's the art and music that really make the game.  It's one of the most beautiful/haunting/philosophical titles I've ever played. Right up there with Eternal Darkness for the GC for me.  I can't wait to get a copy for Jag so I can play it again and eventually do speed runs. :) 

#710 JagChris OFFLINE  

JagChris

River Patroller

• 2,287 posts

Posted Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:24 AM

How bad could the loading times be? We put up with Primal Rage don't we?  Perhaps experiment with it? Have the option at the beginning of the game to choose deluxe or non-deluxe? I would love to have a full CD version of the game with all the cut-scenes etc. 

Seb

#711 travistouchdown OFFLINE  

travistouchdown

Moonsweeper

• 398 posts
  • Do the math!

Posted Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:40 AM

full CD version of the game with all the cut-scenes etc. 

Oh man I didn't even think of that...the cart version wouldn't have the cut-scenes would it?  That would put a damper on the cinematic feel of the game for sure.. I'd still buy it on cart but would love to support a CD version.  And for anyone who says the Jag CD is prohibitively expensive, they have them on Best for $150...that's less than the price of a 3ds.

#712 82-T/A OFFLINE  

82-T/A

Stargunner

• 1,184 posts

Posted Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:06 PM

bump

#713 Hyper_Eye OFFLINE  

Hyper_Eye

River Patroller

• 2,717 posts
  • IDSPISPOPD

Posted Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:09 PM

This does not need to be bumped. When a run of Another World is on the way we will all know about it.

#714 82-T/A OFFLINE  

82-T/A

Stargunner

• 1,184 posts

Posted Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:57 PM

This does not need to be bumped. When a run of Another World is on the way we will all know about it.

Ok, thanks Mom.

#715 Hyper_Eye OFFLINE  

Hyper_Eye

River Patroller

• 2,717 posts
  • IDSPISPOPD

Posted Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:06 PM

This topic was started in 2012 and it is still on page 1. The topic has 29 pages. It doesn't need to be bumped. The Jaguar section doesn't get so many new threads that a thread like this is going to get lost. When people come though looking at new posts your bump is a waste of time in a thread about a topic where nothing has changed. These guys could take a year to update us on the next run. Are you going to bump it a couple times a week until that happens? In general bumping threads is frowned upon. Bumping an incredibly popular thread without any apparent reason is just annoying. I guarantee you there will be a new thread when a run of AW becomes available to order.

#716 82-T/A OFFLINE  

82-T/A

Stargunner

• 1,184 posts

Posted Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:34 AM

This topic was started in 2012 and it is still on page 1. The topic has 29 pages. It doesn't need to be bumped. The Jaguar section doesn't get so many new threads that a thread like this is going to get lost. When people come though looking at new posts your bump is a waste of time in a thread about a topic where nothing has changed. These guys could take a year to update us on the next run. Are you going to bump it a couple times a week until that happens? In general bumping threads is frowned upon. Bumping an incredibly popular thread without any apparent reason is just annoying. I guarantee you there will be a new thread when a run of AW becomes available to order.

Look, not trying to be mean here... but either fill out an application to be a moderator of AtariAge, or get off your high-horse from your basement computer.

I just want a copy of Another World, and anything I can do to speed that up, I'm going to do. Get over it, or complain to Albert.

#717 kevincal OFFLINE  

kevincal

Quadrunner

• 5,571 posts

Posted Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:09 AM

Sure would be nice if so many rare jag games were cheaper and there were more copies of them! :D Seems like its possible but............ $ ;)

#718 Gulfman OFFLINE  

Gulfman

Chopper Commander

• 176 posts

Posted Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:14 PM

Bump.....oops!! 😇

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users