IGNORED

Another World Jaguar Pre-Order

Albert

Why, do you want to dump it?

I pre-ordered it, but I can't wait, I'm going to hack their systems and make my own cart!

I wondered about the cart size for another reason though, I was very suprised that the game would fit on any size Jag cartridge, my 3DO version is hundreds of megabytes on CD!

I've just recently read about all the hoopla surrounding Blackout! becuase I was checking to see any updates for the CD release, and BOY did I step into some deep BS in that thread! The part that gets me isn't the so called "Jag community" being all screwed up, just jag developers! EVERYTHING FROM EVERYONE gets pirated by some these days, but you don't see people closing up shop over it, and then there's the Jag scene where one should expect no profit from the minute audience and then even though they plan to give it away eventually, turn into premadanas over some totally unclear evidence. I've been in the Jag community since the beginning and all I've ever seen wrong with the community are the premadana developers, starting with 4play and continued with a dozen other developers since. Of course now all Jag developers are going to hate me, but there's no need if your not one of the premadanas...how many times have I read developer rants on Jag forums? I'd be a millionaire if I could turn each time into a dollar bill! OK, I'll not mention anything about it again, and won't respond to responses, just throwing out my two cents.

I pre-ordered it, but I can't wait, I'm going to hack their systems and make my own cart!

I wondered about the cart size for another reason though, I was very suprised that the game would fit on any size Jag cartridge, my 3DO version is hundreds of megabytes on CD!

I've just recently read about all the hoopla surrounding Blackout! becuase I was checking to see any updates for the CD release, and BOY did I step into some deep BS in that thread! The part that gets me isn't the so called "Jag community" being all screwed up, just jag developers! EVERYTHING FROM EVERYONE gets pirated by some these days, but you don't see people closing up shop over it, and then there's the Jag scene where one should expect no profit from the minute audience and then even though they plan to give it away eventually, turn into premadanas over some totally unclear evidence. I've been in the Jag community since the beginning and all I've ever seen wrong with the community are the premadana developers, starting with 4play and continued with a dozen other developers since. Of course now all Jag developers are going to hate me, but there's no need if your not one of the premadanas...how many times have I read developer rants on Jag forums? I'd be a millionaire if I could turn each time into a dollar bill! OK, I'll not mention anything about it again, and won't respond to responses, just throwing out my two cents.

Wow, I might have even taken offense at all that... were I a developer for the Jaguar - that's why I leave that part to CJ ;).

[EDIT]Besides that part, if a random person waltzes in, asking stuff that end users don't usually, wouldn't it make you a teeny bit suspicious if you were a dev? :)[/EDIT]

[EDIT2]Also besides, my question was as innocent as his, and look at you blowing steam right away :)[/EDIT2]

Edited by ggn
  • Like 1

how big will be the cart ?

It's a Jagtopus cart, so you can assume 4Mb with 2k save.

Why, do you want to dump it?

Seriously?! Woop! Woop! it's the sound of Warez Police! Anyway, thanks for the lolz. Now keep out of Jaguar matters and get back to your evil ST haxx0r HD-patching Falcon-fixing or whatever it is you do in your sordid den of iniquity :lol:

Why not? It came on a couple of disks on the ST and Amiga :-)I think the 3do version has CD audio and a few extras.

As for the other stuff... I'm not sure the AW thread is the place to discuss it. OK I know you don't want to, but you did, so... You can't blame it on one or the other - it's not devs and it's not "the community", it's not fair to anyone to blanket either group like that. The problems come from those we simply call "Jagtards", and they're a small subset of both groups. Thankfully their numbers are dwindling, it's not 2008 any more, people woke up to the BS and their activities are restricted to the murkier reaches of the Internets.

• Like 7

Why not? It came on a couple of disks on the ST and Amiga :-)I think the 3do version has CD audio and a few extras.

And those version would naturally use less memory with 16 color graphics than the 3DO or Jag with 256 color graphics that take up much more memory, on top of that the jag it supposed(does have) to have both versions. I understand that the carts use compression and the 3DO CD propably not, but still, can jit be compressed from several hundred megabytes to just a few and maintain quality? That's a reduntant question of course since it's true, it just suprised/suprises me that it can be a cartridge release. I think it's really cool it is regardless...

even though I said no response, to the other, I needed to say this; I wasn't blanketing them all, just noticing the percentage is off the scale compared to other vintage communities.

Edited by Gunstar

Seriously?! Woop! Woop! it's the sound of Warez Police! Anyway, thanks for the lolz. Now keep out of Jaguar matters and get back to your evil ST haxx0r HD-patching Falcon-fixing or whatever it is you do in your sordid den of iniquity :lol:

I love you too!

• Like 3

Hi,

if you have any (unanswered) questions regarding how to pre-order the game, please send them also to me (SebRmv at_symbol jagware dot org). I will transmit them and get back the answers.

If you have already ordered the game, thank you!

Cheers

Seb