IGNORED

Another World Jaguar Pre-Order

Albert

Really? There were 200 copies sold. So you are saying there are another SIX HUNDRED people who want a copy. I don't think so.

DO THE MATH.

It is ironic; the tide must have started to turn when 75% of the people who wanted a cart release couldn't get a copy....

• Like 3

There are no videos in Another World. All cutscenes are done using polygons.

The ports and most extra stuff of the CD-based versions (in-game music, etc.) have not been made by Éric Chahi and he had a very limited influence on them. I'm not sure if the rights even belong to him for those versions.

The recent releases for current video game consoles offer the option to play using the music from the Sega CD version of the game.

• Like 1

Really? There were 200 copies sold. So you are saying there are another SIX HUNDRED people who want a copy. I don't think so.

DO THE MATH.

No way to know I suppose unless more copies were printed. Based on the length/popularity of this thread, and the known excellence of the game, my guess would be that, yeah, there are a few hundred more people at least that want a copy.

On the other hand, people always want what they can't have. If it was all of a sudden announced that Skyhammer was down to 5 copies in stock, and wouldn't be reprinted, I'm sure it'd sell out in a flash and then people would be all butthurt that they didn't get a copy even though it was available for years.

Of course it's all speculation because we never got to the "available for years" part with Another World. Oh well, it is what it is. I'm on the list and keeping my fingers crossed. :)

No way to know I suppose unless more copies were printed. Based on the length/popularity of this thread, and the known excellence of the game, my guess would be that, yeah, there are a few hundred more people at least that want a copy.

On the other hand, people always want what they can't have. If it was all of a sudden announced that Skyhammer was down to 5 copies in stock, and wouldn't be reprinted, I'm sure it'd sell out in a flash and then people would be all butthurt that they didn't get a copy even though it was available for years.

Of course it's all speculation because we never got to the "available for years" part with Another World. Oh well, it is what it is. I'm on the list and keeping my fingers crossed. :)

In other news, demand for SkyHammer suddenly skyrockets!

Hah

• Like 1

This time, you guys should spread the word instead of just keeping it exclusively to this forum so that many more copies are purchased. I want to see this news spread to NeoGAF, Destructoid, Kotaku, Joystiq, Sonic Stadium... whatever. This crap should not be scalped.

Reminds me of just finding out a week ago that there was a batch of grey Turok: Rage Wars carts back in 2012 that were being sold for $12.99 each with scalpers nabbing 25 at a time. Finding out about this stuff makes me bummed and the seller should have limited it to 1 per person.

Whew!, just read this whole thread, took about two days. lol. Eh, not to bad a read, for someone waiting for their cart. Took down a few links I thought were good throughout the thread for people(below), and added a few videos at the bottom to see what Heart of the Alien and Heart of Darkness were like.

I'm not sure if I got a, your on the second run waiting list, return email when I asked after just missing out on the first fun so to be sure I sent three emails out, one each to: SebRmv@jagware.org & contact@retro-gc.net & anotherworld@jagware.org - so I will see if I get any notice that I'm on a list. If not I'll have to see if I can find a response to the previous ones I sent out in my over full slow webmail folders, as I don't have MS outlook or Firebird or the like hooked up to the POP3 email servers of my isp. lolz.

• Like 2

Coolness! :-D I just received my Another World waiting list confirmation from Sebrmv himself :thumbsup:, this morning, that's great to know, and since I have and usually carry around both a Samsung Galaxy S3 and S5 fully rooted SuperUser Smartphones (with slimbean (fast) android roms on them) that I am chained to anyways nowadays so I can much more easily check and recheck my email anytime of the day or night and pounce like a South American Amazonian Jaguar on the release of the second run of AW and grip it in my jaws with the most powerful bite of all the big felines in the world. hehe! :P

• Like 1

Someone on youtube told me there is a reproduction of this game being made for the Jag, is that true? :0

It's a big thread and the info on a 2nd run (if it's there, I dunno, not been here) might be difficult to locate, but if it's there keep digging 'cause you're in the right thread :0)

EDIT: OK, Seb said he was going to try and sort things out with RGC and that a 2nd run will happen. GT Turbo said to e-mail to get on a list.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Just picked up "Out of this World" for the 3DO. Pretty to excited to play it and see how it compares to the HD Wii U version and eventually the Atari Jag Version. I've heard it had new backgrounds made so it should be better looking than the Amiga original but not quite as sharp as the new Jag version as that has lower res-backgrounds from the recent HD remake. Or so i've heard. Anyway, always a fun game to try a new version of.