IGNORED

Another World Jaguar Pre-Order

Albert

but still, can jit be compressed from several hundred megabytes to just a few and maintain quality?

It's likely mostly the CD audio that makes the 3do version so large, I don't think they did anything daft like have the intro or other sequences pre-rendered or anything, that would likely have spoiled the effect.

I would love to get this, but I am pretty satisfied with my 3do version.

yeah, I'm a 3DO fan too, and was having a hard time justfying the purchase of Another World or even Robinson's Requiem for The Jag, when I can get the 3DO versions for a fraction of the cost. In fact, I can get a 3DO system for about the same or less than one of those Jag games! But, I sold my 3DO a year ago, and I did think about purchasing one again (which i will do eventually anyway) and those games instead of buying the Jag versions. But, the Jag is my favorite system, the 3DO second, so I went ahead and spent the money on RR and AW for the Jag versions, I always wanted them long before I got a 3DO and I feel like the Jag versions help fulfill the broken promises Atari made about these games long ago. I feel like I'm finally getting what I wanted years ago. I still need a 3DO for NSF, Road Rash, SpaceHulk, Po'ed, Wing Commander, Starfighter and several other of my favorites I can't get on the Jag (and PSX&Saturn versions are inferior).

Edited by Gunstar

yeah, I'm a 3DO fan too, and was having a hard time justfying the purchase of Another World or even Robinson's Requiem for The Jag, when I can get the 3DO versions for a fraction of the cost. In fact, I can get a 3DO system for about the same or less than one of those Jag games! But, I sold my 3DO a year ago, and I did think about purchasing one again (which i will do eventually anyway) and those games instead of buying the Jag versions. But, the Jag is my favorite system, the 3DO second, so I went ahead and spent the money on RR and AW for the Jag versions, I always wanted them long before I got a 3DO and I feel like the Jag versions help fulfill the broken promises Atari made about these games long ago. I feel like I'm finally getting what I wanted years ago. I still need a 3DO for NSF, Road Rash, SpaceHulk, Po'ed, Wing Commander, Starfighter and several other of my favorites I can't get on the Jag.

But Playing from ATARI makes the difference

yeah, I'm a 3DO fan too, and was having a hard time justfying the purchase of Another World or even Robinson's Requiem for The Jag, when I can get the 3DO versions for a fraction of the cost. In fact, I can get a 3DO system for about the same or less than one of those Jag games! But, I sold my 3DO a year ago, and I did think about purchasing one again (which i will do eventually anyway) and those games instead of buying the Jag versions. But, the Jag is my favorite system, the 3DO second, so I went ahead and spent the money on RR and AW for the Jag versions, I always wanted them long before I got a 3DO and I feel like the Jag versions help fulfill the broken promises Atari made about these games long ago. I feel like I'm finally getting what I wanted years ago. I still need a 3DO for NSF, Road Rash, SpaceHulk, Po'ed, Wing Commander, Starfighter and several other of my favorites I can't get on the Jag (and PSX&Saturn versions are inferior).

Yea I had the flip top fz-10 3DO since back when it came out. Then it eventually broke down. So I went ahead and bought another one a few years back (for about $90). There are a ton of great games on it. I finally got a copy of Star Control 2 on it as well.

Got an interesting email yesterday from RGC. Sounds like they have decided they have gotten enough pre-orders to continue on with production.

Hello Clayton,

Thank your order your preorder to Another World on Atari Jaguar.

We register your preorder n#42 by Paypal.

We hope release the game in June 2013.

For waiting, you can join us on our forum : http://www.yaronet.c...ts.php?s=153060

Thank you for your participation

Morgan LE GULUDEC (Odie_one

• Like 1

Got an interesting email yesterday from RGC. Sounds like they have decided they have gotten enough pre-orders to continue on with production.

Hello Clayton,

For waiting, you can join us on our forum : http://www.yaronet.c...ts.php?s=153060

How long ago did you pre-order? I still haven't gotten any order verification at all. I pre-order 1 to 2 weeks ago.

I think they are just going through the payments in order. Someone on NexGam got the number #51. I'd be surprised if they weren't basing the pre-order on at least 100 units, so this is more likely just Odie doing some management of the orders.

Hello Clayton,

I got the same thing on 1/10. I was #43.

Well, i must be well over 100 then too. Still haven't gotten notice though, as of this moment. It's good to hear we are over 100 as I'm sure that's the "mass effect" needed for the project to go on to completion.