Photo

Another World Jaguar Pre-Order

1254 replies to this topic

#1201 Sapicco OFFLINE  

Sapicco

Chopper Commander

• 245 posts

Posted Thu Feb 4, 2016 5:22 PM

And I guess this guy didn't waste any time.  "It came in the mail last week."  Neato.

http://www.ebay.com/...YoAAOSwX~dWsGxN

Despicable.

#1202 leglock OFFLINE  

leglock

Space Invader

• 43 posts
  • recharging my zapper

Posted Fri Feb 5, 2016 9:25 PM

And I guess this guy didn't waste any time.  "It came in the mail last week."  Neato.

http://www.ebay.com/...YoAAOSwX~dWsGxN

That really is a shame.

#1203 CyranoJ OFFLINE  

CyranoJ

River Patroller

• 3,675 posts
  • RAPTOR in LOCAL

Posted Fri Feb 5, 2016 9:34 PM

What is the acceptable time to hold onto one before selling? I've had mine since the first batch ;)

#1204 Sapicco OFFLINE  

Sapicco

Chopper Commander

• 245 posts

Posted Sat Feb 6, 2016 2:48 PM

Wow, they are really pumping these out now!

#1205 Spacey Invader OFFLINE  

Spacey Invader

Moonsweeper

• 261 posts

Posted Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:39 PM

Received my copy in a most expedient manner and have pulled a few all nighter trying to remember how to solve all these polygonal puzzles. Thanks to all involved in putting this gem out

#1206 ChaosCX ONLINE  

ChaosCX

Space Invader

• 45 posts

Posted Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:26 PM

Excited I wasn't too late for the 2nd run, just got my email for #277! = )

#1207 Atari74user OFFLINE  

Atari74user

Star Raider

• 51 posts

Posted Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:19 PM

I have to say, BIG thank you!  I really didn't think I would get one from the 2nd batch, however received mine about 1 month ago.  I have been excited ever since, but working away from home and have not actually seen it yet!  Can't wait, but thank you for making my fantasy a reality, well at least where Another World is concerned ;-)

Edited by Atari74user, Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:19 PM.

#1208 -^CrožBow^- OFFLINE  

-^CrožBow^-

River Patroller

• 4,087 posts
  • Collector of Fine Atari and Sega Antiquities!

Posted Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:17 PM

Just got my email and paid for #266. Was expensive though! Most I've paid for a new game for any of my retro systems in a while!

#1209 oracle_jedi OFFLINE  

oracle_jedi

Moonsweeper

• 309 posts
  • Nothing to Declare

Posted Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:58 PM

Got my confirmation email yesterday and sent payment.  Order number 268.

#1210 Merendino OFFLINE  

Merendino

Star Raider

• 51 posts

Posted Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:28 PM

Received my e-mail for number #270 and sent payment!

#1211 leglock OFFLINE  

leglock

Space Invader

• 43 posts
  • recharging my zapper

Posted Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:28 AM

#280 e-mail received and payment sent.

#1212 SHLIMPOLE OFFLINE  

SHLIMPOLE

Combat Commando

• 3 posts

Posted Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:13 AM

hi everyone....whos the email from as im 219 and ive not had anything yet :'(

thanks

#1213 SHLIMPOLE OFFLINE  

SHLIMPOLE

Combat Commando

• 3 posts

Posted Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:17 AM

nvm guys i hav it :) sooooooooooooooooooooo happy

#1214 Trooper Galactus OFFLINE  

Trooper Galactus

Chopper Commander

• 221 posts

Posted Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:58 PM

#262 just got mine in the mail!

#1215 stdjxf15 OFFLINE  

stdjxf15

Combat Commando

• 7 posts

Posted Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:58 AM

apparently im #294, and may or may not get a copy. (I hope I do since the list appears to be moving quick!!!)  If I end up getting my order, I wonder then why people even bother paying the enormous prices for this game on ebay and just try and get it directly through the company? 

#1216 leech OFFLINE  

leech

Star Raider

• 69 posts

Posted Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:07 PM

I received mine yesterday and I was #247.  So Woo Hoo!  Technically I should have gotten it the day before, but no one was home to accept the package, so I had to go pick it up at the post office.  I still haven't opened it up, but then again I've beaten the game on the Atari ST, the Amiga and I know I have the enhanced version on Steam.  I mostly bought this to support projects like this.  I still have Skyhammer and Robinson's Requiem to play on the Jag :D

#1217 InfoMan OFFLINE  

InfoMan

Chopper Commander

• 103 posts

Posted Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:29 PM

I just paid for # 285 today, if that helps anyone that's keeping track of where the queue is. :)

#1218 GT Turbo OFFLINE  

GT Turbo

Dragonstomper

• 579 posts

Posted Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:16 AM

When is see where this thread is going, one thing come to my mind a good game with a nice price can be sold more than i was thinking. That's really Atari rules !! :thumbsup:

Hope Xenon 2 Jaguar got the same way !!!

#1219 Atlantis OFFLINE  

Atlantis

Dragonstomper

• 839 posts

Posted Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:42 AM

Yes, 'fine' productions with cart, box, manual and all sure sell, and those producing them should at this point produce the 'double' amount of games; the first to go out to the backers around release/initial hype, and the other "double" part after a while and for some time, since people come to the party.

Then it will be a larger amount of games circulating, devs getting more for their work, keep the insane-price-curve down a bit. Cartridges all seem to sell no matter what!

It's easy, imo. sell all the games people order, then produce the double for onward sale. Win-win fer all! This is the rule of the carts, CD is another story... just to make that clear. I really look forward for the Xenon run! :D And hope there will be a sale run as said, but maybe with an 'open end' for a bit, for people to get a cart after like with Another world here and now. This should have been the case with JHL15 also with alla facts at hand, if you look at the insane-price-curve with that now, as with KA Aircars. 

If you look at Another world, or JHL15 (or KA Aircars), as proof at hand I'd say there is a amount of circa 200 immediate backers for a cart game every other year (until people stop ordering, and then you sell off the rest over the years) - in general. Just a thought or guess. I'd go for 400 carts for every cart game: they would all sell in the end.

Edited by Atlantis, Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:45 AM.

#1220 CyranoJ OFFLINE  

CyranoJ

River Patroller

• 3,675 posts
  • RAPTOR in LOCAL

Posted Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:46 AM

Yes, 'fine' productions with cart, box, manual and all sure sell, and those producing them should at this point produce the 'double' amount of games; the first to go out to the backers around release/initial hype, and the other "double" part after a while and for some time, since people come to the party.

Says the guy who doesn't have to pay for all the production.  How about 'Don't come late to the party' ?

There's a bunch of games from the 80s/90s that I didn't get... that were produced in the thousands... and they still cost a fortune.  Nobody complains to Activision, etc about them not re-releasing them :P 

Edited by CyranoJ, Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:48 AM.

#1221 Atlantis OFFLINE  

Atlantis

Dragonstomper

• 839 posts

Posted Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:09 AM

There's a bunch of games from the 80s/90s that I didn't get... that were produced in the thousands... and they still cost a fortune.  Nobody complains to Activision, etc about them not re-releasing them :P

Yes that's the other side of the coin. Investment cost upfront is always the problem for any project - it's the risk, and more deciding, do you have the money to invest or take the high stake risk. If you had the money at the end from the beginning, my 'in the best of worlds' argument would be more correct. Of course it's not, only with all facts in hand after a year or so.

I see a difference between you guys and Activision. You answer. They are 'mute'. Thanks for you answer, and the amount of carts coming. I will not miss the run, and hope this time the post man won't axe kick my cart as last time! :)

#1222 Zerosquare OFFLINE  

Zerosquare

River Patroller

• 2,075 posts

Posted Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:43 PM

Nobody complains to Activision, etc about them not re-releasing them :P

On the other hand, I'm not sure comparing yourself to Activision (especially present-day Activision) is a good move. Unless you want to convince us you're actually downright evil, not just xunty :D

Edited by Zerosquare, Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:44 PM.

#1223 ChaosCX ONLINE  

ChaosCX

Space Invader

• 45 posts

Posted Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:50 PM

Got my copy in the mail today.  Gonna be fun puttin' some time into this to see how it plays on the Jaguar, thank you guys!. = )

#1224 Gaztee OFFLINE  

Gaztee

Stargunner

• 1,420 posts

Posted Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:42 AM

Then it will be a larger amount of games circulating, devs getting more for their work, keep the insane-price-curve down a bit. Cartridges all seem to sell no matter what!
It's easy, imo. sell all the games people order, then produce the double for onward sale. Win-win fer all! This is the rule of the carts, CD is another story... just to make that clear. I really look forward for the Xenon run! :D And hope there will be a sale run as said, but maybe with an 'open end' for a bit, for people to get a cart after like with Another world here and now. This should have been the case with JHL15 also with alla facts at hand, if you look at the insane-price-curve with that now, as with KA Aircars. 
If you look at Another world, or JHL15 (or KA Aircars), as proof at hand I'd say there is a amount of circa 200 immediate backers for a cart game every other year (until people stop ordering, and then you sell off the rest over the years) - in general. Just a thought or guess. I'd go for 400 carts for every cart game: they would all sell in the end.

Am I missing something with JHL15? We didn't make anywhere near 100 carts never mind 200. We struggled to sell what we made. Are they now selling for $$ on eBay or something??

#1225 Atlantis OFFLINE  

Atlantis

Dragonstomper

• 839 posts

Posted Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:05 AM

Am I missing something with JHL15? We didn't make anywhere near 100 carts never mind 200. We struggled to sell what we made. Are they now selling for $$ on eBay or something??

Yeah, LOL

http://www.ebay.com/...yAAAOSwezVWwYRP

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users